XBox One: Screen turns black / loses sound for 1-2 seconds while Game / Video continues ...

Discus and support XBox One: Screen turns black / loses sound for 1-2 seconds while Game / Video continues ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Problem Description Approx. every hour, the screen turns black and sound drops from my Xbox One system. It happens in the middle of a game or movie,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fingleberries, Jan 2, 2014.

1. XBox One: Screen turns black / loses sound for 1-2 seconds while Game / Video continues ...

Problem Description

Approx. every hour, the screen turns black and sound drops from my Xbox One system. It happens in the middle of a game or movie, but the system keeps playing the game / movie in the background.

Environment details

• Xbox One
    • TV: Philips 32PFL5405H/5 TV, 1080p, plugged into HDMI port one (HDMI-CEC enabled).
    • Nothing on HDMI-In
    Additional Information

• I had to manually configure the TV on the Xbox One settings, as it did not automatically detect the TV by default (Philips is not in the list of manufacturers)
    • The Xbox can now control the volume of the TV (e.g. via Kinect voice command 'Xbox Volume Up", etc.)
    • When I switch on the Xbox, it does not take control of the TV - i.e.
    • If the TV is Off, The TV switches on to the built-in TV tuner, not to Xbox One.
    • If the TV is already switched on, the screen blinks but switches to the built-in TV Tuner, Xbox One does not become the displayed input.
    • If the TV is on, and switched to the HDMI One input (with the Xbox connected), when I switch on the Xbox the TV screen refreshes the initial Xbox One graphic is displayed then the TV switches to the built-in TV Tuner.
    Xbox Support had suggested the following article, but that was not relevant and did not resolve the issue. (Troubleshoot Video Performance | Xbox One Live TV)

If anyone has had similar issues, or been able to resolve the behaviour through changing screen resolution / colour depth, etc. I would appreciate any tips.

Many thanks in advance,

F.

:)

Fingleberries, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Momentary Black Screen While Gaming

I have had the same issue occurring with a Philips Model 32PFL5404/H, set for 1080p (not auto).

I tried with different HDMI cables, but the same thing. During a game of FIFA the screen will turn black for 1-2 seconds while the game continues in the background, then returns as if nothing has happened.

Fingleberries, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Momentary Black Screen While Gaming

The problem I am having is the following: When playing a game the screen will go black for 1-2 seconds at a time. During this time the game is still playing and I can hear the audio running in the background. The game is not freezing just losing video. Any
    thoughts. I am getting ready to try a couple initial troubleshooting steps.

Duck Hunter 117, Jan 2, 2014
  4. AnDra1978
    AnDra1978 Guest

XBox One: Screen turns black / loses sound for 1-2 seconds while Game / Video continues ...

I has same problem until i did this....

UPDATE your TV Philips software!!!!!!!!!

Mine was outdated from 2009.

You will require to use a memory USB stick. I used my Xbox 360 one.

Follow the instructions carefully mind.

Fixed the problem, and i have had no 1 second black outs since.

AnDra1978, Jan 3, 2014
  5. RoDi 117
    RoDi 117 Guest
    Not had this problem with the Xbox One yet however i did have this problem with my 360, have you tried changing your HDMI cable as with my 360 it turned out that my HDMI cable had become faulty and was causing the same audio and visual dropouts like you
    described

RoDi 117, Jan 3, 2014
  6. i get the black screen also, its with any game i play afther i play for a couple hours no problem and then BLACK SCREEN no Sound and stuff for like 5 or 6 seconds and then the screen turns back to normal. but its allways in bad timing stuff, like in racing
    games close before a corner and things like that.. anoying. i hope somebody finds a solution

STEALTH SNAKEY, Apr 29, 2014
  7. cli0ant
    cli0ant Guest
    I also get this very annoying when playing fifa

cli0ant, Apr 29, 2014
  8. GarnizzleDK
    GarnizzleDK Guest

Did the same thing AnDra1978 did (updating the software on my Phillips tv), and it seems to have resolved the problem.

GarnizzleDK, May 6, 2014
  9. Hi there. Thats very annoying by playin everything ^^

I had the same Problem! I also have a Philips TV (42PFL6805H/12)

Now it seems to be fixed, but I^ve some things to say:

I had this Problem since the first Day i bought the XB1. After participian in the Preview it has still occurs.

Last Week I have updated my Philips TV to the newest Firmware, after that it also still happens.

At the Weekend I recieved a New Preview Update for the XB1, and now it seems to be fixed or at least it occurs not so often than before!

Make shure that your TV is on the Newest Firmware, an perhaps try another HDMI Port.

To find out what is wrong and help the Engeneers, write down some Informations like "Fingleberries" does.

the Firmware Version of the XB1 is always very important (Lookup: Settings->System->Info). Which TV do you use? What have you tried to fix? (Other Cable, Other Port, Cold Reboot etc.)

Bhutankam Pema, May 18, 2014
  10. Just an update to this. I am using a Philips 32PRL5405H/5 and it is at the latest firmware for that model.

With the May update installed the issue still occurs (although now it appears after about 45 minutes rather than 60 minutes) - the screen goes black, the sound is off, and then after 1-3 seconds it comes back as if nothing happened. Gameplay or TV has continued
    playing in the background.

I am not in the Dashboard Preview Program, so cannot comment on whether the June Update resolves the issue yet.

Fingleberries, May 22, 2014
  11. MrAdyCarter
    MrAdyCarter Guest
    I still receive this issue, Sony KDL-40EX401.

Have done since launch. Mine does, and always has behaved in the manner which Fingleberries now gets, a brief period of blackness, and then all resumes after a couple of seconds.

MrAdyCarter, May 22, 2014
  12. I`m hoping they fix it in the June Update....

I`m on Preview and it seems to not occurs anymore, at least not every hour.

Try to select Manual 1080p in Picture Settings and not Auto-detect.

Loocking Forward to this...

When you tell the exact FirmVers of the XB1 we could find out which Version is affected.

xb_rel_1405.140514-2300 or hogher should it be,,,, (Settings - System Info,....)

Bhutankam Pema, May 22, 2014
  13. MrAdyCarter
    MrAdyCarter Guest

There currently is no preview?

The may update became live for everyone, the june one hasn't started yet.

MrAdyCarter, May 23, 2014
  14. Alright thats true...

Now in my case it occurs again...

Bhutankam Pema, May 25, 2014
  15. I've had this problem on and off. It happened quite frequently when after I Purchased a soundbar and I thought that was the issue. After changing from auto detect to 1080p the problem seemed to go away. Though the other day it happened again but after a
    hard reset of the xbox I havn't had the issue since.

Skeeter Quill, May 26, 2014
Thema:

1. XBox One: Screen turns black / loses sound for 1-2 seconds while Game / Video continues ... - Similar Threads - Screen turns black

2. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  3. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  4. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  5. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  6. When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...: When I go to play games my screen will go black and things will be more gray than usual but it's only for some games c1461ca9-ecee-4ba9-988f-3c763490d90b
  7. Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant: My device screen turns black after launching Valorant. Not only that, it freezes my whole system too which is why I have to hold power button to shut down the laptop. I tried uninstalling and then...
  8. Why does screen turn black except for the health bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does screen turn black except for the health bar: Just all of a sudden about couple weeks ago went to play Jedi Fallen Order and it goes to main menu like normal but when I did to continue it went to where I last left off and showed a little bit...
  9. I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...: I restarted my xbox and accidentally turned it off and now when I click on the off Byron it stays on and my screen is black if anyone can help that would be great...
  10. My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...: Idk what to do I've used 2 tvs and restarted and Googled what to do but I can't get it to stop for good 5b917a13-d3a5-43cc-83f5-bcef813eccc1