Xbox One screen split in two and bottom half shifted across the screen

Discus and support Xbox One screen split in two and bottom half shifted across the screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox has been working fine, today I turned it on and the bottom half was shifted across horizontally. I've found if in Settings, General, TV Display... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Morpheyumax, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Morpheyumax
    Morpheyumax Guest

Xbox has been working fine, today I turned it on and the bottom half was shifted across horizontally.

I've found if in Settings, General, TV Display Options, video fidelity and overscan, I turn the Display setting from Auto to Hdmi, then I get the whole picture together; BUT now the picture constantly jiggles up and down a pixel or two, looks terrible. DVI the same effect, even worse.

Then it got weird. I put it back to Auto Detect, and the picture is fixed! BUT; the jiggle is worse than ever! Have to call it more of a shimmy now, two steps up then two steps down. Hadn't figured out how to swing it's partner round and round but I bet if I keep playing with settings it'll work it out.

So I didn't know what to do. Turned it off and on again, the screen isn't split but the shimmy up and down remains. Back into display settings, the one that made a difference was Video Modes: Allow variable refresh rate. Ticking this fixes the up and down shift, but also splits the screen again, so I guess this is where the problem is.

Maybe my xbox downloaded a new video driver that now can't do this properly? Is there a way to wind back to an older driver?

Xbox One screen split in two and bottom half shifted across the screen [​IMG]

:)

Morpheyumax, Jan 18, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Screen Bottom half shifted across horizontally

Hi,

Can't promise anything, but could you provide details on the display you're having issues with such as the make and model please.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?

Hello Matt77 K, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal data.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he suggests the following to solve the problem and I thought it was good information, What you should take into account:

Please try to solve the problem by doing the following procedures:

1. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem persists, if so, please reset your console to its factory settings keeping your games and applications as follows:

Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > Reset and keep games and apps.

This way your console will be reconfigured and you will have to add your account again. No game or application will be deleted, nor will you lose the progress of any game since these are saved in the Xbox Cloud.

5. Check if the problem continues.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/24ce6746-deb3-4149-b8ab-d4292d16bfc7

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

is there a way to use two tvs with one xbox? so a split screen will be on each tv

If you mean spread the output across multiple screens, you'd be looking at some sort of video wall hardware.

If you mean two screens for split-screen gaming, no.
  5. proneto911 Win User

Resolution from Standby

The picture on the tv had the horizontal be fine it stretched across but the top and bottom was compressed to half of the screen it was just weird.
  6. GHG Relentless Win User

One thing I want for Ghost...

Split screening, as you said, can be confusing... take a mediocre player, split screen him, and he becomes a confused mediocre player, spending half his time looking at the other guy's screen, while the other guy is shouting at him and probably crowding
    his space to get a better view... take the average 40 inch television... split screening doesn't reduce the viewable screen by half, it reduces it by two thirds, since it has to letterbox the sides to retain the 16:9 aspect ratio for both screens, making our
    mediocre player even worse...
Thema:

1. Xbox One screen split in two and bottom half shifted across the screen - Similar Threads - screen split bottom

2. Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series: Is Xbox split screen working after update to Fortnite today 3a69d581-243a-45c3-a402-8174b9aebd3c
  3. Split Screen Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Split Screen Issue: Xbox (Series X) has been working fine today until I turned it on again and the bottom half of the screen was shifted across horizontally. I've found if in Settings, General, TV Display Options,...
  4. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  5. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  6. Can you fix Minecraff Split Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you fix Minecraff Split Screen?: Hi there, my Minecraft copy on the Xbox Series S has suddenly stopped working with the 2 player Split Screen. I have a 1080 p display so that won't be the problem. It was working fine the day...
  7. My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?: Xbox was working fine, i turned it on and the screen split in 2 with the bottom having shifted horizontally. I have tried restarting the Xbox and plugging in new cables. Issue still remains. What...
  8. How to get mc ps4 to allow non hosts to use cheats when playing split screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get mc ps4 to allow non hosts to use cheats when playing split screen?: Hello :) I have minecraft on almost every platform, I really love the game! Recently I bought it for ps4 to play split screen with my sibbling. We are having a blast, however only the 1st player...
  9. Xbox One screen split in two and bottom half shifted across the screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One screen split in two and bottom half shifted across the screen: Split from this thread. Same issue b1c941ac-ccd1-4716-a09a-e653f25e5576
  10. TV-Channel and Game in Top-and-Bottom split-screen mode, When?

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV-Channel and Game in Top-and-Bottom split-screen mode, When?: I hope this will be added on a feature list or will be added soon. Many will understand if you want to watch TV or play a game all is fine if you live alone. But what if the second person...