Xbox one screen keeping turning black?

Discus and support Xbox one screen keeping turning black? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one screen keeping flickering black for a second and the audio will cut out randomly too. This has always happened, but in the past it would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JasmineMcGregor, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Xbox one screen keeping turning black?

My xbox one screen keeping flickering black for a second and the audio will cut out randomly too. This has always happened, but in the past it would only happen about once every 2 weeks. Now it happens about five times in 10 minutes. As well as this, some games have started to crash randomly, something that has never happened before. (Idk if the two are connected or if its a seperate thing). I really don't know what's happening or what's causing it, some help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

JasmineMcGregor, Mar 17, 2022
  2. JasmineMcGregor Win User

Thank you for responding!

I tried both options, and while it didn't remove the problem it did lesson it which was a big relief! However now sadly my Xbox won't turn on at all so it seems to be a mechanical issue overall. Thank you again however for taking the time to respond!
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. Talkingset6045 Win User

XBox One X keeps turning off

No it does not turn the screen black but one time I was playing fortnite and then suddenly my screen turned black and I had to turn of my xbox. P.S. I liked your joke!
  5. JosephGiannotti Win User

Xbox Black screen after most recent update.

The Xbox One screen remains black when I turn it on.
  6. JARATT Win User

Black Screen of Death

I had the same thing. Turn on, remove disk. Turn off. Unplug the power cord from the power brick. Wait one minute. Plug back in, Turn on. That worked for me.

I also ran into another black screen fix online. See link to article on segmentnext.com below:

segmentnext.com/.../xbox-one-black-screen-fix
Thema:

1. Xbox one screen keeping turning black? - Similar Threads - screen keeping turning

2. my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .

in XboX Insiders
    my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .: I don't use the xbox app it gives a black screen problem I can't play games on my computer. I've tried all sorts of things, like deleting, installing, updating Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  3. Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?: So I just started playing a new game on my Xbox, which works perfectly fine when I play it on my TV or another monitor, but for some reason when I load up a game on this monitor via my Xbox I keep...
  4. Why is my xbox one s keeps going to the home screen when I play grand theft auto 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one s keeps going to the home screen when I play grand theft auto 5: Everytime I play grand theft auto 5 it keeps going to the home screen 0954a890-d404-4d94-9eb1-b31c4b473abc
  5. Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?: Earlier today I have reinstalled Roblox for a small issue, but now when I open Roblox it's takes me to the sign in and while im doing that my whole screen would freeze. At first I thought it was a...
  6. Xbox series s. Keeps making the on noise twice. Then troubleshooting screen. Then resets to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s. Keeps making the on noise twice. Then troubleshooting screen. Then resets to...: When ever I turn my xbox on it makes the usual noise. After a few seconds it repeats the noise and then the troubleshooter screen comes on. I then attempted this and nothing but blank screen. I...
  7. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?: I have had my series X since April 2023 and over the last few months I have had games crash on me, when playing call of duty this is the screen I get when it crashes. I was running in 1440p 120hz...
  8. YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.: YouTube keeps freezing and going to a black screen. Watch one video it does that sometimes I can't watch no video 6e9f3420-63e9-4fe7-898d-d8152daab9ee
  9. Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?: I never get kicked from GTA but whenever I start a setup it kicks me back to my Home Screen of my Xbox. 8a14ea60-e3dc-4eb2-ac6a-e38c41c13cc6
  10. Fortnite keeps giving me the Login Failed screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite keeps giving me the Login Failed screen: I've done everything I can, I have cleared my local data, reset my local MAC stuff, reset my xbox and the power cache, signed in and out of my account, deleted the game and reinstalled it, set my...