Xbox one screen goes black after a few seconds

Discus and support Xbox one screen goes black after a few seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Had no issues up until yesterday. In between matches on cod screen went black. Audio still works , can hear toggling of menu . Also noticed that when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Luis Leija, May 24, 2023.

1. Luis Leija
    Luis Leija Guest

Had no issues up until yesterday. In between matches on cod screen went black. Audio still works , can hear toggling of menu . Also noticed that when I unplug and plug the HDMI cord back in I can see the screen for a few seconds before it returns back to black . Tried tonpower cycle, tried 6 different cables. Tried 4 different monitors. Same issue arises . Tried soft reset. Nothing. Did full reset and still same issue . Monitor shows it is receiving signal but screen is just black . Same thing on the monitor side, if I unplug the HDMI and replug it I get to view the screen for a few seconds before it goes black again. Not sure what else to do or where else the problem could be. Same issue arises in safe mode .

:)

Luis Leija, May 24, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox problem.

If I may ask, when you say you did a full reset, was this through the troubleshooter screen? Were you able to get to that screen and reset the console?

If not, try doing this:

NOTE: This will delete the profiles on your account, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in on another outlet.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one to SYNC controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "Reset this Xbox" and then "Keep games and apps".

If you have an external hard drive, please also remove it.

If this does not help, I would already say that the issue is the hardware of the console and might need a repair.
  3. ryanvitzrst Win User

Momentary Black Screen While Gaming

i have the same problem while playing the screen goes black for 2 seconds and then comes normal again. It always do it when i switch on the xbox one after a while.
  4. REDH0TR00NEY Win User

Xbox wont restart after update

And now when i press power i get blank screen for a few seconds, and then it goes pitch black almost like its off, but it isnt. Can't really say anymore, thats it after endless attempts.
  5. fanus van rooyen Win User

monitor goes black for a few seconds.

So I think I found the fix. HOWER LET ME BE VERY CLEAR, NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO DO THIS.

Under the compatibility settings for the app I could reliably reproduce it there is an option to use legacy ICC color management.

What this setting actually does I have no idea, but since one monitor is HDR and using it and the other monitor is not. There could be conflict in windows, but whatever.

This isnt something that anyone should have to sleuth to figure out.
  6. fanus van rooyen Win User

monitor goes black for a few seconds.

Well before yesterday this only happened in DOTA2.

I enabled auto HDR just out of curiosity since the even viewer keeps showing something about brightness and that made the problem so bad that it was crazy.

I use HDR normally on the monitor and Windows, but not the auto feature.

I changed cables. Now I dont know if its windows being stupid or nvidia but if you use HDMI and DP even though HDMI is the first port on the gpu the DP always stays no 1 even though that is the second monitor.

So I switched to both DP and at least now the main monitor is no1.

However since yesterday I noticed when opening photoshop the same black screen thing happened. I opened Topaz video AI and it also happened there a couple of times. Played other games for hours and have no problems. Ran systems stability tests with cinebench and futuremark. No stability problems.

Im using the hotfix driver for Nvidia because of the micro stuttering. 14700k, 32gb ram, 4090. Nothing is overclocked. All my drivers are up to date.

I have a way to replicate the problem with video AI. Is there a way I can upload a video or something?
Thema:

1. Xbox one screen goes black after a few seconds - Similar Threads - screen goes black

2. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  3. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  4. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***...
  5. My screen goes black when I close out Xbox menu in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen goes black when I close out Xbox menu in games: I've had a problem with my TV going black for almost a second whenever I close out the xbox menu when in game. I switched different hdmi cables, hdmi ports. Resarted my xbox. I've changed my tv...
  6. Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times, after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times, after...: Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times after both times it works for a while then the problem comes back 7736f0d0-6259-41be-b96e-1ab12bfd36a8
  7. In gta when I go near a mission it goes to a black screen then restarts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In gta when I go near a mission it goes to a black screen then restarts: In gta for Xbox 360 when I go near a mission before the first heist it goes to a black screen then restarts 9faf7ea3-83f9-4479-ba08-8bfee7e91705
  8. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  9. Farm sim 22 goes to black screen from loading screen. Loading bar sometimes moves but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Farm sim 22 goes to black screen from loading screen. Loading bar sometimes moves but...: Farm sim 22 goes to black screen from loading screen. Loading bar sometimes moves but always goes to black screen 63e43839-5ede-48e9-bf32-1d9ea9d923f9
  10. Xbox One turns on, displays green loading screen, then goes to black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One turns on, displays green loading screen, then goes to black: Hi! As the title says, I turn on my Xbox one, it comes on, displays the green screen, and then goes blank. If I hold down the xbox button on the controller, the “what would you like to do?” screen...