Xbox One says it is connected to internet but doesn't act like it

Discus and support Xbox One says it is connected to internet but doesn't act like it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my xbox says it is connected to internet, but won't allow me to enter matchmaking or parties. I clicked on detailed network statistics for it to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joe_Mama239, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Joe_Mama239
    Joe_Mama239 Guest

So my xbox says it is connected to internet, but won't allow me to enter matchmaking or parties. I clicked on detailed network statistics for it to tell me that my internet is fine and that I have an 11mbps download speed. Also all other devices in
    my house are working. I tried a hard reset but it didn't work any ideas on either what is wrong or how to fix it?

:)

Joe_Mama239, Dec 29, 2015
  2. it says Im connected to internet but it says Im not...

That might be the issue, make sure all ports on this page are set to open
    http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Also if you have the following setup

Then you have to enter your Xbox IP in DMZ on your router and portforward your router on your gateway/modem

If you are unsure about how to create a static IP for your xbox so you can portforward or how to portforward here's a little guide

1. On your Xbox while on the home menu press the menu button and select
      Settings
    2. From there you select Network

You might want to write down the information on the right side;Subnet mask, Gateway
    3. You then select Advanced settings This will allow you to configure your IP
    4. You select manual DHCP selection and you will be prompted to enter an IP

Try to make the IP in between 192.168.*.100 and 192.168.*.200

The " * " stands for the subnet which you can copy from your gateway as this can differ for some people gateway usually looks like 192.168.0.1 so just copy the 0 in this case

5. After that you will be asked for the Subnet which you just copy from what your wrote down

6. You also just copy the gateway from what you wrote down

You now have a Static IP for your Xbox One

On to the next step

1. Go on your computer and gain access to your gateway settings

This can be done by entering the gateway into a browser
    2. On the sub tabs select Port Range Forwarding
    3. In Start Port and End Port type in.
      • Port 88 (UDP)
      • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
      • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
      • Port 80 (TCP)
      • Port 500 (UDP)
      • Port 3544 (UDP)
      • Port 4500 (UDP)

On ports where it says UDP and TCP you can select
        Both from the dropdown menu

4.In IP Address type in the IP Address of the
    Xbox.

5.Put a check in the Enable box.

6.Select Save Settings.

Now you have opened the required ports for the Xbox One, there should only be one step left

1. Click Setup across the top.
    2. Click Lan Setup from the sub tabs.
    3. Click the Pre-Assigned DHCP IP Addresses button.
    4. Enter in the Xbox's MAC Address and IP Address.
    5. Click Add Static IP.
    Now Powercycle your Xbox and go back to network settings

• Test multiplayer connection
    • Hold the bumpers and triggers on your controller to instantly load the detailed statistics
    • If your NAT says open behind a cone network you should be set

I hope this helped you out, if not feel free to post any more issues you seem to be having

FearedNightmare, Dec 29, 2015
  3. it says Im connected to internet but it says Im not...

Hello, sorry to hear you're having these issues

Have you tried to Powercycle your console already? You can do this by holding down the powerbutton on your console for approx 10 seconds untill it turns off, this
    clears the cache and might fix the issue.

Alternatively if that doesn't work I would like to know the following

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many 360 and One consoles are connected to this router?:

Wired or wireless (for each console):

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider):

FearedNightmare, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Xbox One says it is connected to internet but doesn't act like it

Was nat open ? also hard reset the modem and router ....What kind of modem and router (model #'s) and who is the isp?

RobertBuckalew, Dec 29, 2015
  5. Joe_Mama239
    Joe_Mama239 Guest
    The nat is open and I am not sure

6. Well , reset the modem and router , then just try and sign out of your profile then back in ...if still no go , delete your profile and re download it....to go any further than that will need the model of the modem and router and your isp...and wired or
    wireless...

7. Joe_Mama239
    Joe_Mama239 Guest
    The model is tg862g/ct also mentions the name Arris and I believe the isp is xfinity

8. Xbox One says it is connected to internet but doesn't act like it

That router is known to have MANY xbox issues , especially wireless ....are you wireless?

9. and reset it to factory defaults

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  10. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

Xbox says its connected to internet but not acting like it

you'd be better contacting MS support TBH, be wired if you can, make sure xbox live is upto date, try edge or IE or what ever it is.
  11. J.R.G. Win User

To get the best help, you should give detailed network information...Provider, Cable/D.S.L./Satellite/Cellular/Etc., full statistics (Up/Down/Ping.), open/moderate/strict N.A.T., and manufacturer/model of router/modem. Your download speed might be adequate,
    though I've seen people on satellite get that on the download; though their upload is .25Mb with over 750m.s. of latency...which is unacceptable.

From the limited information that you listed, my guess would be your N.A.T. is set to strict. If that is the case, hooking your X Box One directly (Ethernet cable.) to the router should do it. If your going the wireless route, assigning a static I.P. to
    the X1 and port forwarding should do the trick.

Peace, J.R.
  12. Zero Divided Win User

what does your Xbox say your NAT is? anything other than open NAT could cause these problems.
  13. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

xbox one acts like it's connected to internet but isn't

Hi,

have you tried to connect your xbox by using a wire to see if it connects then
  14. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

xbox one acts like it's connected to internet but isn't

Hi,

have you tried to connect your xbox by using a wire to see if it connects then
Thema:

1. Xbox One says it is connected to internet but doesn't act like it - Similar Threads - says connected internet

2. It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work: For a few days I've wanted to download Fallout 4 on my Xbox so I went and turned on my Xbox to get on the Microsoft store but when I turned it on it acted like there was no internet even though...
  3. I’m signed in and connected to internet but it says I’m not

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m signed in and connected to internet but it says I’m not: I’ve signed in, and connected to the internet… but when I play a game it says I’m not signed in.. but I am… and when I try to go on the Microsoft store it says to check my network… so I did.. and...
  4. Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c44a4a17-ad3e-499f-9b92-315fa79d69e5
  5. My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...: When I try to sign into my Xbox live account it says “you need an Internet for this“ then below it says it doesn’t look like you’re connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again....
  6. My internet says "No Internet, Connected" any time i play a game on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet says "No Internet, Connected" any time i play a game on my pc: My connection is perfectly stable and fast whenever i use it for anything else, videos, music etc, and the same is true for all my other devices, but whenever i load up a game, after a few minutes...
  7. Xbox Series S not working and saying its not connected to Internet outside of network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S not working and saying its not connected to Internet outside of network...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  8. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  9. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  10. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...