xbox one saying that headphones are attached to my controller yet there isnt one

Discus and support xbox one saying that headphones are attached to my controller yet there isnt one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, so basically, whenever i turn on my controller, and i try to start a party, it has a headset icon next to my name, which indicates that a headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by christinepepi1, Dec 31, 2020.

1. xbox one saying that headphones are attached to my controller yet there isnt one

Ok, so basically, whenever i turn on my controller, and i try to start a party, it has a headset icon next to my name, which indicates that a headset is connected, and whenever i try to talk, my voice doesnt go through (I use a kinect), I've tried to reset
    my console, ive tried to powercyle, I've done pretty much any form of trouble shooting. Also,I should note that if i was to shut off my controller, then my kinect would work

:)

christinepepi1, Dec 31, 2020
  2. xXAstralFire Win User

Broken Xbox wireless controller audio

hello now the new controllers already have the jec of the headphones but there is an adder that attaches I'm the controller in which you can use all the headphones that you do not necessarily the original ones of the xbox
  3. StolenStream31 Win User

Xbox One X wireless/headphone problems

So I recently moved into a dorm at college and brought my xbox one x with me. Before I bought it, I owned a headphone/mic for my original xbox one which worked for years. Right before I moved to college, i experienced very minimal audio popping that seldom
    occurred. But once I began using my headphones at college, the popping became so bad that i couldnt take it and trashed my headphones. Now, I had it hooked up to my wireless controller which I had since my original xbox one. I figured it was just my headphones
    being old but I JUST bought a new pair and experienced popping on the same controller. I was so confused, so I dug out my old headphones I threw away and tried them on my black controller that came with my xbox one x, still popped. I have a see-through wired
    afterglow xbox one controller that, when plugged into the headset, didnt pop as much, but still popped. So I threw them away again. As for my new headphones, i did the same experiments, but with my wired controller - which I've had for a few years now and
    bought for my original xbox one - there (SO FAR) has not been ANY audio issues whatsoever.

Could it be that my wireless controllers are experiencing wireless connectivity issues becuase my dorm is filled with wireless frequencies (there are at least 10 wifi broadcasts at a time in the dorms, plus my smart TV also broadcasts wifi right next to
    my xbox and is almost touching it, although my controller is only an inch away from the xbox so I thought wireless problems would be impossible)?

Also it only happened once but my wireless controller randomly disconnected and began blinking and I had to take the batteries out and reconnect it for the controller to properly respond to controls (the batteries were brand new). On a side note I also cleaned
    the audio jacks of all my controllers and that didnt help. So should I purchase a non off-brand wired controller and use that for headphone use instead of wireless controllers? Do you think once I move out of college, I could use my headphones with a wireless
    controller as long as there isnt too much wifi frequency colliding? Or could my xbox one x's NIC be faulty?
    i don't think consoles support headphones since they are plugged into a TV for both audio and video
  4. Pacman74 Win User

Xbox one controller, kein ton über Kopfhörer wenn spiel gestartet wird[Translation-Xbox one controller, no sound via headphones when game starts]

other headphones and Xbox one controllers the same problem, on my notebook
  5. BrandNewShotgun Win User

Covert Forces Controller and Bose QC15

Same thing with the new regular Xbox One Controller with built-in 3.5mm Headset Jack. Bose QC15 don't work at all. How is this not fixed yet? These are top quality headphones which work perfectly with PS4 plugged into the Dualshock4 controller. Why can't
    Xbox One just update the controller to support it?
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

headphone jack on xbox controller not working

I have found this on many xbox one controllers, its either the triggers failing, the all time classic analogue stick drift, primarily from left stick or headphone jack not working.

Yet to see a single third party cheap controller break yet.
Thema:

xbox one saying that headphones are attached to my controller yet there isnt one

1. xbox one saying that headphones are attached to my controller yet there isnt one - Similar Threads - saying headphones are

2. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  3. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  4. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  5. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  6. For some reason when I turn on my xbox, it says preparing console, and then takes me to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason when I turn on my xbox, it says preparing console, and then takes me to the...: I already factory reset it(keep games and apps) , and reset the xbox. aba831c5-61c6-460d-81f6-487260017000
  7. When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...: My screen says in description that it can run 1440p at 120fps for console gaming(AOC 1440p 155hz adaptive sync) but when i try to set my resolution to 1440p it wont let me use 120hz only 60hz and...
  8. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  9. Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?: Ever since I got a new wifi router my Xbox One always says "UPnP not successful" even though the wifi and all other devices using it are perfectly fine. I tried multiple things: Hard resetting the...
  10. My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controller is saying a headphone jack is plugged in when it's not: [img] So my Xbox Elite Controller (NOT A WIRELESS CONTROLLER) says that a headphone jack is plugged in when no headphone jack is even near my controller (and no its not my xbox that is doing this,...