Xbox One S won't give a signal to my TV.

Discus and support Xbox One S won't give a signal to my TV. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought an Xbox One S and it came yesterday. After plugging it in for the first time, it powered on but the screen was flickering black and would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mikyle Khan1, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Mikyle Khan1
    Mikyle Khan1 Guest

I just bought an Xbox One S and it came yesterday. After plugging it in for the first time, it powered on but the screen was flickering black and would show the regular booting screen and accounts. After powering it off and turning it back on later, my TV wasn't receiving any signal whatsoever. I plugged it into my monitor and it was working just fine, no flickering or anything. I believe it is the 4K TV issue but I don't know how to resolve it because nothing is coming up at all so I don't know how to navigate and change the bitrate as I believe it is that. I also know it isn't the cable and the TV because I used the same cable plugging it into my monitor and tried all different HDMI ports on my TV which are known to be working. I apologize for the lengthy description but I hope that provides enough information. Thanks for any suggestions!

:)

Mikyle Khan1, Jan 20, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be the Independent Advisor for Microsoft assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern. I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

Now, I have experienced this issue myself and luckily there is a simple solution!

We are going to try resetting your resolution which will boot up the Xbox in low-resolution mode.

To do this:

Power down your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Once powered down, hold the bind button and power button at the same time to power it up.

You will get one power-up chime but do not release these buttons. Listen for a second power-up chime about 10 seconds after and this will power up your console in low-resolution mode.

Once on, you can adjust the resolution to match what your TV supports. :)
  3. JCSWW Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

That's the issue right there, Prezdead! My TV auto detects the resolution being put out by the source and sets it accordingly. There is no way to set my TV's HDMI input to display a certain resolution regardless of what the source is putting out. My Android
    box and Roku 4 put out a 4k signal when I enable the resolution they should output is 4k. Unfortunately, The XBOX One S doesn't seem to do that.

When I do the video test on the XBOX One. My TV doesn't even flicker. It just pops up that it failed everything, which is incorrect. If I change the resolution on the XBOX One S to 720p, then it flickers and my TV changes the display to 720p. If I change
    the XBOX One S to display 1080p, then the TV flickers and changes the resolution to 1080p. If I try to change the XBOX One S to display UHD, it does nothing other than go instantly to the failed screen, which states none of the options are supported. Under
    Advanced Video Settings though, I have 24Hz, 50Hz, and UHD 4k checked. the problem is, the XBOX One S is putting out the 4k signal because the test says the TV fails everything and the TV will not disaply in 4k until the TV receives a signal from the XBOX
    One S to display in 4k.
  4. JCSWW Win User

Having issues outputting your Xbox One S in 4k? Try this if you have a 4K Blu-Ray.

I have my XBOX One S plugged into the HDMI 2.0 port, as it is labeled right on the back of the TV which HDMI port supports 2.0. I do believe the HDMI mode is not selectable on my TV, which is the reason why I have yet to get my XBOX to do anything at 4k.
    The TV auto-detects what it being sent to it, which is 1080p because the XBOX won't actually send out a 4k signal to make it switch.
  5. dearjenna Win User

Xbox Not Turning On

Hmm, you keep saying it won't turn on, but then what you're describing is that it will turn on, you just aren't seeing a signal on the TV.

Is the actual core of the issue:

A. It won't power on?

or

B. It's not giving you a signal, but it's on?

This could mean something very different for troubleshooting. c
  6. LegendaryCP502 Win User

Xbox One S 4K Output/Input

I am kind of in the same boat right now. I keep getting the 4K signal cutting out (along with audio)on me every couple minutes only lasts one or two secs then comes back. Sometimes when I restart the Xbox it won't detect the signal either. I don't know if
    this is my one s or my 4K tv. All I know is none of my other consoles have this problem. But this is the first 4K device I have hooked up so.....
Thema:

1. Xbox One S won't give a signal to my TV. - Similar Threads - won't signal

2. My xbox series X I just got won't display a signal.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X I just got won't display a signal.: I've tried power cycling, using different cables, TVs, nothing. Everytime I try to boot it into low power mode it turns itself off. 8f082a15-f652-4ae6-a995-8e76ee9a4438
  3. X box won't turn on and says no signal on the TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box won't turn on and says no signal on the TV: Hi i need help my X box wont connect to my TV and i've tried everything and it wont work. I ordered a new HDMI wire and connected it the X box as i thought that was the issue but have now realised...
  4. Xbox One X won't stay on for more than 5 seconds with no HDMI signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won't stay on for more than 5 seconds with no HDMI signal: Hi there, I have had my Xbox One X for just under a year with minimal problems. Recently we unplugged it from the wall to move our TV around. We have done this before with absolutely no problems....
  5. Xbox One not putting out HDMI signal and controller won't connect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not putting out HDMI signal and controller won't connect.: This evening when powering on my Xbox One I saw it was not displaying through the HDMI. TV is just displaying the no input message. I also noticed the controller will not connect and just flashes...
  6. My Xbox One won't send a signal to my TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One won't send a signal to my TV: So for the past couple days my xbox has been repeatively been turning off at random, at first we had thought it was the power cable but after switching it with another one we doubt that's the...
  7. Xbox One won't send signal to my TV after updating.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't send signal to my TV after updating.: I recently updated my Xbox One, played a game, and turned my console off like normal. However, now when I touch the power button nothing shows up on my TV, my controllers won't connect, and I cant...
  8. Xbox One won't boot (no signal)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't boot (no signal): Hello, My sons Xbox suddenly won't boot up, it just connects say no Signal to the TV. The light on the Xbox turns on and the power supply has a solid white light too. What I have tried so far:...
  9. Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ...: Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI). After first restart, could still connect controller, but then after restart can't even do that. Also cannot eject game disc. Previously was playing, but...
  10. Brand new xbox one no signal and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new xbox one no signal and controller won't connect: Received my Xbox one today and went through the initial setup and updates, came with mortal kombat x. I set the game to install and went for a nap lol. When I came back the Xbox was powered down...