Xbox One S won't automatically turn on/off

Discus and support Xbox One S won't automatically turn on/off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am having issues getting my Xbox to turn my TV on and off whenever the system turns on or off. It is using a CEC enabled HDMI 2.0 port on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CodyMacPhee, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CodyMacPhee
    CodyMacPhee Guest

Hello,

I am having issues getting my Xbox to turn my TV on and off whenever the system turns on or off. It is using a CEC enabled HDMI 2.0 port on my Hisense 50H6C TV. The Xbox recognizes the TV and automatically selects the remote codes but it does not work.

This feature works fine with an amazon fire tv, PS4, and Nintendo Switch but I cannot get it working on my new One S.

Is there something else I need to do? I cannot find other remote codes anywhere. The system auto-detects T3519 as my remote code.

:)

CodyMacPhee, Oct 16, 2017
  2. FIREPRO0F
    FIREPRO0F Guest
    Xbox One won't turn off automatically

I have my Xbox One set to turn off after 1 hour of inactivity, but it won't turn off automatically at all. It used to turn off automatically, but about a month ago it just stopped doing it. Anyone know what's going on?

FIREPRO0F, Oct 16, 2017
  3. ChomskyKnows
    ChomskyKnows Guest
    post update, auto-off no longer seems to work

My Xbox One is set to automatically turn off after inactivity. That doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone else? It sat on overnight recently. Causes my receiver and projector to also not turn off (if they detect a signal, they won't auto turn off either).

ChomskyKnows, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Mister Cazador Win User

Xbox One S won't turn off

Hi, I have the console in energy saving mode, so it should switch all the way off. But instead I'm hearing a slight humming noise after I turn it off. Is this normal, or does it sound broken to you? Thanks.
    Thanks for that info. To check, is the humming noise consistent or does it stop after a few moments following a complete power down of your Xbox One S console?

Also, is the console plugged into a wall outlet or power strip?

Are you experiencing any performance issues with the console?
  5. danielufcfan Win User

Hi there Dean, thanks for reaching out.

Have you set your Xbox One S console to automatically apply available console updates when you turn the console off? Also, did you select the option to keep your games & apps up to date automatically in the background? If so, this could be what you're experiencing.

Additionally, if you have an external hard drive actively connected to your Xbox One S console, you may be hearing noise from the external itself.
    Hi, I have the console in energy saving mode, so it should switch all the way off. But instead I'm hearing a slight humming noise after I turn it off. Is this normal, or does it sound broken to you? Thanks.
  6. Mister Cazador Win User

Hi there Dean, thanks for reaching out.

Have you set your Xbox One S console to automatically apply available console updates when you turn the console off? Also, did you select the option to keep your games & apps up to date automatically in the background? If so, this could be what you're experiencing.

Additionally, if you have an external hard drive actively connected to your Xbox One S console, you may be hearing noise from the external itself.
  7. Liam Kasif Win User

Xbox One automatically turns on and off

I believe resetting the console may have fixed the issue! I well let you know if the issue continues, but thank you for the support!

Kind regards,

Liam. :)
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One automatically turns on and off

Hello Liam,

Do you have the console plugged into a power strip or extension cord? This could cause issues with the power for the console. If the console is try plugging it directly into a wall socket and see if the issue persists. If it does after that you may want
    to think about getting the console repaired as it may be malfunctioning. You can go to

Device support
    and set one up.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox One S won't automatically turn on/off - Similar Threads - won't automatically turn

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  4. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  5. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  6. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  7. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  8. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  9. My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?: All of my stuff is good besides the fact that when I click my recent captures to see them I just get an infinite loading circle. e5df8d31-83c9-4bf6-aa42-b884bd03ad1a
  10. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...