Xbox One S won't automatically turn on/off

Discus and support Xbox One S won't automatically turn on/off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am having issues getting my Xbox to turn my TV on and off whenever the system turns on or off. It is using a CEC enabled HDMI 2.0 port on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CodyMacPhee, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CodyMacPhee
    CodyMacPhee Guest

Hello,

I am having issues getting my Xbox to turn my TV on and off whenever the system turns on or off. It is using a CEC enabled HDMI 2.0 port on my Hisense 50H6C TV. The Xbox recognizes the TV and automatically selects the remote codes but it does not work.

This feature works fine with an amazon fire tv, PS4, and Nintendo Switch but I cannot get it working on my new One S.

Is there something else I need to do? I cannot find other remote codes anywhere. The system auto-detects T3519 as my remote code.

:)

CodyMacPhee, Oct 16, 2017
  2. FIREPRO0F
    FIREPRO0F Guest
    Xbox One won't turn off automatically

I have my Xbox One set to turn off after 1 hour of inactivity, but it won't turn off automatically at all. It used to turn off automatically, but about a month ago it just stopped doing it. Anyone know what's going on?

FIREPRO0F, Oct 16, 2017
  3. ChomskyKnows
    ChomskyKnows Guest
    post update, auto-off no longer seems to work

My Xbox One is set to automatically turn off after inactivity. That doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone else? It sat on overnight recently. Causes my receiver and projector to also not turn off (if they detect a signal, they won't auto turn off either).

ChomskyKnows, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Mister Cazador Win User

Xbox One S won't turn off

Hi, I have the console in energy saving mode, so it should switch all the way off. But instead I'm hearing a slight humming noise after I turn it off. Is this normal, or does it sound broken to you? Thanks.
    Thanks for that info. To check, is the humming noise consistent or does it stop after a few moments following a complete power down of your Xbox One S console?

Also, is the console plugged into a wall outlet or power strip?

Are you experiencing any performance issues with the console?
  5. danielufcfan Win User

Hi there Dean, thanks for reaching out.

Have you set your Xbox One S console to automatically apply available console updates when you turn the console off? Also, did you select the option to keep your games & apps up to date automatically in the background? If so, this could be what you're experiencing.

Additionally, if you have an external hard drive actively connected to your Xbox One S console, you may be hearing noise from the external itself.
    Hi, I have the console in energy saving mode, so it should switch all the way off. But instead I'm hearing a slight humming noise after I turn it off. Is this normal, or does it sound broken to you? Thanks.
  6. Mister Cazador Win User

Hi there Dean, thanks for reaching out.

Have you set your Xbox One S console to automatically apply available console updates when you turn the console off? Also, did you select the option to keep your games & apps up to date automatically in the background? If so, this could be what you're experiencing.

Additionally, if you have an external hard drive actively connected to your Xbox One S console, you may be hearing noise from the external itself.
  7. DunzoHanzo Win User

Game pass ultimate

Or is turning it off or keeping it on for people with a credit card in their account and won't or will automatically pay.
  8. Liam Kasif Win User

Xbox One automatically turns on and off

I believe resetting the console may have fixed the issue! I well let you know if the issue continues, but thank you for the support!

Kind regards,

Liam. :)
Thema:

1. Xbox One S won't automatically turn on/off - Similar Threads - won't automatically turn

2. Game won't install and automatically stopping itself from installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install and automatically stopping itself from installing: Hey, I recently tried installing F1 2020 again and it doesn't want to install it seems. It hits a certain point (ready to start) and then it stops installing completely. I have tried hard...
  3. Disc won't download automatically

in XboX Insiders
    Disc won't download automatically: Ok so you know how you put your game disc in the Xbox and it automatically brings you in the game? well my Xbox won't do that. I tried this with 3 discs, Minecraft Xbox One edition, BioShock 1 and...
  4. Who decided that clips in 4K won't get automatically uploaded to Xbox Live?

in XboX Insiders
    Who decided that clips in 4K won't get automatically uploaded to Xbox Live?: I'm paying for a 4K console. Of course I want 4K clips. Why is it that if I want them uploaded, I have to sit on a screen waiting for my Xbox to manually convert each one to 1080p and then upload...
  5. Xbox One controller won't automatically reconnect to USB dongle after using wired connection.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller won't automatically reconnect to USB dongle after using wired connection.: My Xbox One controller has to be resynced with the dongle every time I use the play and charge kit, any idea on how to fix this issue? I'm currently using Windows 7, besides this small issue,...
  6. Turning on wireless headset won't turn off sound on TV automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turning on wireless headset won't turn off sound on TV automatically: Is this a limitation of XBOX ONE? on my ps4, turning on a headset will turn off the tv sound. Turtle Beach 420x+ 5ac954d1-54f1-4fa6-b8f0-662c669c7366
  7. Discs won't load automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Discs won't load automatically: ever since doing a preview programme update my dis. Games won't load up automatically 5773efb1-52bb-45ed-9be4-6d493fee0a32
  8. Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully: Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been opening fully for 2 months ae4b92dc-8511-4def-ab20-ccf1a5056656
  9. Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully: Xbox 360 S disc tray automatically won't close fully. Is there a way to fix it? It has been opening fully for 2 months 125e14da-8e31-4cce-b12b-775f761554f2
  10. Xbox One won't turn off automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't turn off automatically: I have my Xbox One set to turn off after 1 hour of inactivity, but it won't turn off automatically at all. It used to turn off automatically, but about a month ago it just stopped doing it. Anyone...