Xbox one S won't auto update/download games when off

Discus and support Xbox one S won't auto update/download games when off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox is on instant on but it refuses to download anything when off and when i turn it on it has a spinning wheel saying im signing in or "whos... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by �� Corby��, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Xbox one S won't auto update/download games when off

My xbox is on instant on but it refuses to download anything when off and when i turn it on it has a spinning wheel saying im signing in or "whos playing today"

:)

�� Corby��, Jun 15, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

3. Tezzarrific Win User

Headset Crackling

when turning the xbox off, if the light is blinking but the screen is off then it is auto downloading an update.

the crackling could be interference between controller and xbox.

Games crashing - not sure.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Move external hard drive from one Xbox One (s) console to another (x)?

Hi,

What game or games does this message pop for? Many Xbox One games have updates specifically for the Xbox X. If your Xbox One game has a 4K assets update for example, you'll be prompted to download this when using the drive on the Xbox One X console.

The Xbox One S and original Xbox One don't support X-enhancements, so you won't be prompted for that update when using the drive on the One S.

Please look at the
    following link
    , it explains how to update games for Xbox One X enhancements, while still using a Xbox One S or original Xbox One.
  5. HueHef785 Win User

Xbox one

yea keep the auto update on and never fully power down ur xbox things will download in the background, the games and updates download faster when the game is off. Sucks to have to shift your expectations but hopefully they will rid that with the next systems.
  6. ShokaRoka Win User

problems with set up update

I don't think the other people who replied understand what you are asking because I'm having the same problem. My brand new Xbox One S is going to sleep/turning off DURING the straight out the box initial set up update. Not AFTER it's fully downloaded the
    update and it auto restarts. And when I turn the Xbox one back on, the initial set up update starts over. You can't get to the settings yet to set it to download even when the console is off/sleep because it can't get past the initial set up update. Nobody
    has time to sit in front of the TV for hours, wiggling the controller sticks every 5 mins to keep the controller/Console from going to sleep partially through the Initial setup update and having to start over. It's been 3 days and I haven't been able to play
    one single game yet on my new Xbox One S. Is there any way to prevent this?
Thema:

1. Xbox one S won't auto update/download games when off - Similar Threads - won't auto update

2. Grand theft auto online won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand theft auto online won't load: Every time I click on the game to try to play it. Nothing happens. Game won't load at all. 8dc648af-e3cc-4647-a8e5-f029b32c4015
  3. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas won't open in November Windows update in win11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand Theft Auto San Andreas won't open in November Windows update in win11.: Hello. When I tried to open gta after the update, it didn't work on the first try and it started only on the second try. When I closed gta it showed me a crash twice even from the first attempt...
  4. Xbox one S won't read my grand theft auto 5 disc its shows a error code 0x80820003-2% buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one S won't read my grand theft auto 5 disc its shows a error code 0x80820003-2% buy...: Xbox one S won't read my grand theft auto 5 disc its shows a error code 0x80820003-2% buy my disc is 's clean 353e78f5-2848-4d1b-a86f-36c4754b0d98
  5. My grand theft auto won't load online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My grand theft auto won't load online: I try loading online with my friend he say come online i went and try join right as i joining it say server unalivable I'm like how if my friend and many more are online...
  6. Xbox One X won't auto update/ MW updates slow to a crawl.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X won't auto update/ MW updates slow to a crawl.: YES I have everything checked off in my settings for auto updates on my Xbox One X. It NEVER works. Looking for any feedback as to why. Also to add to this anyone else having issues with Modern...
  7. Xbox won't auto restart after update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won't auto restart after update: Hi so this is my 6th time trying to download the new update, but everytime it's done my xbox won't restart ? Any help please. Been stuck like this for an hour submitted by /u/ThrasherDanny...
  8. XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth: Basically once I plug in my controller to charge and unplug it while it's on will cause the Xbox light to just flash. It never connects to my PC. I have to go into my bluetooth settings. Forget...
  9. Grand theft auto 5 won't launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand theft auto 5 won't launch: So around two years ago I was able to play Gta5 until one day the game would play, show the three characters, cut to a black screen and send me the the home screen with no error message. Me and...
  10. My controller is linked to my One X, but it won't allow the console to auto start?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller is linked to my One X, but it won't allow the console to auto start?: Hard to believe I've been using Xbox consoles since 2001, and EVERY generation has allowed auto start (when using a controller). Taking the plunge to One X - despite my One S working perfectly,...