Xbox One S - Wireless Headset Party Chat Issues

Discus and support Xbox One S - Wireless Headset Party Chat Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset. When I connect the headset to my Xbox (and assign it to my main gamer profile), I cannot hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by So Bones, Jan 13, 2021.

1. So Bones
    So Bones Guest

I have a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 headset. When I connect the headset to my Xbox (and assign it to my main gamer profile), I cannot hear others and they cannot hear me in Xbox party chat.
    I, of course, attempted all the troubleshooting steps (firmware is up to date, yes it's connected to my console and assigned to my profile, I have power cycled/hard reset both the Xbox and headset, etc.) and none of them have fixed the issue.

What I found that works: 1. Connecting the headset to my roommate's Xbox - Xbox party chat worked in this instance while assigned to HIS gamer profile. 2. I logged into my Xbox with a secondary gamer
    profile (while my main gamer profile was signed out) and assigned this headset to that profile - Xbox party chat worked in this instance. 3. I've tried deleting my gamer profile and redownloading
    it on my Xbox as well - did not seem to fix the issue. It seems that for some reason the headset does not work for party chat on my main gamer profile and I cannot figure out why. I looked through
    all my audio settings and nothing differs from my roommate's Xbox's settings. The last thing I tried was connecting his headset (Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 1) to my Xbox and assigning it to my profile - Xbox party chat did NOT work in this instance either.
    It seems like whatever the issue is, it is with my gamer profile?

Please help.

:)

So Bones, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Danno McK. Win User

How to set up Tritton Warheads to XBox One

If you're asking about wireless chat, it is not possible. The Warhead is the only 3rd party headset licensed to use the Xbox 360's wireless chat headset protocol; the Xbox One has different chat connections (and I don't think there are any wireless
    options yet).
  3. Echo4Ent Win User

Wirless chat only headsets

4. x RogueFalcon x Win User

Have you checked your privacy settings on your main account to make sure voice communication isn't turned off? If you go to:

Settings>Account>Privacy & online safety>Xbox Live privacy>View details & customize>Communication and multiplayer

You will be able to see if your main account can use voice communication and if its not allowed you can change the setting there. Hope this helps.
  5. So Bones Win User

Yes, I have checked privacy settings as well. Everything is set to either "Allow" or "Everybody". My main account is set to use voice communication.

Before getting this wireless headset, I used a standard 3.5mm pair of earbuds that came with my cell phone. When I'm in a party using that as my headset, I have no issues hearing people or talking to people. But when I try to use this wireless headset on
    my main account, it just doesn't work.

Note: I've already sent a headset back into Turtle Beach for a replacement as well, both have had the same issue.
  6. So Bones Win User

Alright everyone, I figured out the issue. It didn't have anything to do with my headset or Xbox. Piece of advice, when troubleshooting a specific accessory, make sure to unplug all other accessories because they might be the issue.

The problem and solution: I have a third party keyboard/keypad attachment for my controller (look up "2.4G White Wireless Message Chatpad Keyboard KeyPad for Xbox One S Controller" on Amazon and you'll find the exact one I have and a photo can be found below).
    This specific keyboard attachment has a 3.5mm audio jack that rotates 90 degrees up and down that is meant to plug into your controller. When you have this keyboard attached and are using a WIRED headset, you need the audio jack flipped up so it plugs into
    your controller and your WIRED headset then plugs directly into the bottom of this keyboard. But if you have this keyboard and are using a WIRELESS headset, make sure that the 3.5mm audio jack is flipped DOWN so it is NOT plugged into your controller. Otherwise,
    your controller will assume you are using a WIRED headset and only sends audio signals through that audio jack on the controller and not to your WIRELESS headset.

[​IMG]

Hopefully anyone else suffering from this issue can find this solution helpful as I did.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Wireless Headset Party Chat Issues - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Party

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  5. My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party: I have tried updating it, plugging in to Xbox, plugging into controller, and everyday it’ll randomly start bugging out saying I need to change my party chat mixer. Any ideas would help or should I...
  6. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  7. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  8. My Xbox wireless headset today only does game chat, the party chat isn't working and it is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset today only does game chat, the party chat isn't working and it is...: My setting in the party is set to party chat, my headset is set to neutral, I've tried updating, I've tried repairing, and I've tried turning everything off and back on. I can hear people in game...
  9. Xbox wireless headset party chat quality.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset party chat quality.: I recently bought the Starfield Wireless headset and everything seems perfect except for the mic quality in Party chat on the xbox. My friends say that I sound like I'm speaking through a laptop...
  10. I have recently bought a Xbox wireless headset and my friends in the party are complaining...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have recently bought a Xbox wireless headset and my friends in the party are complaining...: Audio sounds good My friends are complaining about how I sound weird I've tried adjusting mic monitoring but that hasn't solved it yet I have opened it from the box today and don't know what to...