Xbox One S will not boot up

Discus and support Xbox One S will not boot up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, our Xbox One S will not boot up, the power switch light illuminates and it beeps as it should, but after about 5 seconds it turns itself off.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by petecarpy125, Nov 3, 2022.

1. petecarpy125
    petecarpy125 Guest

Hi, our Xbox One S will not boot up, the power switch light illuminates and it beeps as it should, but after about 5 seconds it turns itself off.

Have tried holding the eject and pairing buttons etc but makes no difference.

When we turn on a controller the controller light flashes every second or so, but the console does not respond at all.

Could it be a hard drive failure?

Thank you.

:)

petecarpy125, Nov 3, 2022
  2. iareBRENDEN Win User

Xbox One S will not boot up.

Is the console plugged into a surge protector or directly into an outlet? Ensure that whatever it's plugged into is working by plugging something else into it.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox One S not booting up. I recommend to try the following article: Troubleshoot
    Xbox One unexpectedly turning off

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  4. Mythic Sandman Win User

Booted up xbox one s

Re-pair the controller may fix that. Or power cycle the console.
  5. Golden Subz Win User

Have you tried holding the power button on your console for 10 seconds?
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Petecarpy, I'm sorry about the situation.

Unfortunately I can't confirm a hardware error remotely without an analysis, friend.

Therefore, I advise you to send your console to the Microsoft repair center to have it analyzed for the error and repaired.

Enter the link, register the console.

After, click on it, go to 'online service'. In the category put hardware and drivers and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S will not boot up - Similar Threads - boot

2. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  3. Is there a reason why my games wont boot up.

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a reason why my games wont boot up.: I have everything updated, i uninstalled everything and reinstalled it twice. I'm trying to play death loop o my pc. But all my games on the xbox app dont work. I have been at this for hours. Why...
  4. I got booted off, Ddosed

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got booted off, Ddosed: Hi so basically someone got my IP and they said that they would boot me off or ddos me or whatever My connection started lagging, my router was being offline all kind of stuff but now that...
  5. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in XBoX on Windows
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help. 74318dbb-6647-4220-827a-50d78e8cd7ea
  6. HoloLense2 stuck on windows loading screen and not booting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HoloLense2 stuck on windows loading screen and not booting.: My hololense 2 is stuck on windows loading screen, it stays there for a few minutes and then crashes. It does not detect my fingers and/or hands. I have tried to hard reset it. Need help...
  7. Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot: Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes immediately i don't know what it is, i bought the game from Microsoft store and i tried reinstalling it, I updated everything {so all my laptops drivers and...
  8. Console not connecting to network on boot

in XboX Insiders
    Console not connecting to network on boot: Is it just me that is still getting this issue? It's gotten progressively worse the last week to the point that every time I am now having to restart at least 3/4 times I turn the Xbox on in order...
  9. Xbox one s not booting up. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s not booting up. Please help: This is a long shot, but my xbox one s have recently updated itself (assuming an insider update) the next day i try to boot up my console and it goes straight to a "something went wrong" screen....
  10. My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot: During game play, the system froze and wouldn't turn off. I did a forced turning off and followed all the directions to reboot (including cleaning the unit of any dust). I only get the splash...