Xbox One S wide screen compatibility

Discus and support Xbox One S wide screen compatibility in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I am wanting to buy my son a gaming monitor for Xmas however have been told to not get wide screen as it won't fit the screen fully, is this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C H5, Dec 5, 2022.

1. C H5
    C H5 Guest

Hi there, I am wanting to buy my son a gaming monitor for Xmas however have been told to not get wide screen as it won't fit the screen fully, is this correct?

Also he is wanting a curved screen as well

TIA Xbox One S wide screen compatibility :)

:)

C H5, Dec 5, 2022
  2. C H5 Win User

I am leaning towards this one which seems to tick all the boxes. AOC C32G2E 31.5" 165Hz FHD 1ms FreeSync VA Curved Gaming Monitor.

Thanks for your help :)
  3. Nursemorph Win User

If it's purely for Xbox use, then I'd stick with a conventional display rather than an Ultrawide.

Curved screen will be fine.

Main thing will be looking for something with a low latency, although most gaming monitors will have this anyway. Try to avoid a TN panel if possible as they are not as good as IPS and others. There are a lot of very good monitors around to suit both your budget and the resolution being played at (1080p, 1440p, 4k).

One thing to consider: If there is the possibility of upgrading to a next gen console (Series X, Series X) during the monitor's life, then you will be wanting to look at something above 60Hz (most good gaming monitors are but some only go to 60Hz)...the next gen consoles can run 120fps (120Hz) depending on the console and resolution
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Curved screens are mostly a gimmick. The curve is to make brightness even, but it's something used on a movie theater screen, not a monitor for actually solving a problem
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today C.

If you’re looking for a monitor (no matter if it’s curved or not) you need to check the aspect ratio. Purchase one with a 16:9 aspect ratio, in that way you’re not going to get the black bars
  6. Brutal At This Win User

Unanswered Questions that I cannot find anywhere

Thema:

1. Xbox One S wide screen compatibility - Similar Threads - wide screen compatibility

2. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  3. Is it possible to have to monitors as an ultra wide on a Xbox one if it is please let me...

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to have to monitors as an ultra wide on a Xbox one if it is please let me...: So I have a request/question is it possible to make an Xbox One compatible with two TVs to make it in ultra wide monitor??? I was just curious and I intend on making my Xbox One have multiple...
  4. XBox one Starts up in 640 x 480 wide screen mode and not 4k, second question is about start...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox one Starts up in 640 x 480 wide screen mode and not 4k, second question is about start...: Hi, XBox one Starts up in 640 x 480 wide screen mode and not 4k, swapped HDMI lead over and all is fine, then put the original lead back in and that was fine to, is this just a glitch? The box is...
  5. LG 42PG20D: wide screen support

in XBoX TV Hardware
    LG 42PG20D: wide screen support: LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: wide screen support You can set your Xbox to auto detect or 16:9 and make due with bars on the sides. Or you can zoom your monitor (if it has that feature) to get rid of...
  6. My Xbox screen is on a wide display

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox screen is on a wide display: I poured a large coffee into my xbox 2 days ago and I let it sit for a day and it turned on and everything was good, until I turned it off and turned it back on and now the screen is wide and...
  7. DVD+R playing on Full Screen (squished) instead of Wide Screen view

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD+R playing on Full Screen (squished) instead of Wide Screen view: For some reason DVDs that I have taped things on (DVD+R), when trying to watch on my Xbox One plays them in a squished (squarish) view, instead of filling out the whole TV screen like normal. I...
  8. DVD+R playing on Full Screen (squished) instead of Wide Screen view

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD+R playing on Full Screen (squished) instead of Wide Screen view: For some reason DVDs that I have taped things on (DVD+R), when trying to watch on my Xbox One plays them in a squished (squarish) view, instead of filling out the whole TV screen like normal. I...
  9. Screen Resolution too wide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Resolution too wide: I haven't played my xbox one for over a week. I have a 1080p lcd tv. I've had the xbox one since March and have had no problems. The system is connected by hdmi. When I turn it one the text is...
  10. Xbox 360 screen goes black periodically, also Ultra wide 21:9 display questions.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 screen goes black periodically, also Ultra wide 21:9 display questions.: Hi Guys I've been playing Destiny on a HD TV for about a week. My girlfriend is now back for uni. I've been left with attempting to setup my xbox 360 on one of my PC monitors. My first a...