XBOX ONE S - Unable to play local multiplayer

Discus and support XBOX ONE S - Unable to play local multiplayer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got an xbox one s for my kids and in order to give them some variety from the games we purchased, I downloaded a number of free games from the store... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DamienJM, Dec 30, 2020.

1. DamienJM
    DamienJM Guest

I got an xbox one s for my kids and in order to give them some variety from the games we purchased, I downloaded a number of free games from the store (Hexic, Doritos Crash Course). I have two controllers, one child is registered with a Microsoft profile
    on each (one of whom is logged into the xbox by default when the xbox is switched on, let's call her
    kid1).

I downloaded the games using kid2's profile. When they attempt to play these games, an XBOX live account was created for kid2 and she was able to play. However, if I try to either use multiplayer to enable both of them to play or I simply
    want to have kid1 play single player, only kid2 comes up as an option to login on the XBOX live Sign In screen within the game. Both kids are logged in to the xbox. Is this a user error - am I doing something wrong or is this a problem
    with XBOX 360 games? My kids have been pleading with me for 3 hours today as I try to fix this for them to no avail.

Can anyone assist?

(Note: Hexic, I'm simply trying to have either kid be able to play the game in single player, Crash Course I get the same behaviour whether I try single player of multiplayer - only
    kid2 's profile appears as a login option within the sign in screen in the game.

:)

DamienJM, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Luvinlucy Win User

Multiplayer freezing?

I have the Xbox One S. My network cord wouldn’t reach the back of the house. Local mode works fine. It’s just multiplayer in any game.
  3. Money Mike 8 Win User

My modern warfare 2 game just stays on the the press a to start screen

Just found a work around on reddit.

-When connecting, cancel and go offline

-Enter a local multiplayer lobby

-Back out of local multiplayer lobby

-Press select to go Online

- This should then reconnect you Online and resolve the issue.

Worked for me fixing my sons issue on his Xbox One S.

Hope this helps !
  4. Oraclea Win User

TOTAL BEGINNER

Welcome to the Xbox family! The main buzzwords you're looking for are "local co-op" and "local multiplayer." A game with local co-op means that people playing it together are working toward a common goal. Local multiplayer could mean that players playing
    together are either working toward a common goal or competing against each other. Additionally, "split-screen" means that the screen will essentially divide itself into smaller screens and each player will look at one of those smaller screens while playing.

When you browse the Xbox Store (or Microsoft Store), you can
    filter
    your search for specific features you want. Local co-op and local multiplayer are among those features. I would caution that if you see "multiplayer" without "local" before it, that might include online multiplayer as well as local multiplayer,
    so you definitely want to make sure you're looking at local multiplayer only. One other resource I'd recommend is the
    Co-Optimus website, where you can search for Xbox One games with local multiplayer settings and see user feedback that's a bit more specific to the local multiplayer modes.

On another note, I'd recommend looking into
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
    , a monthly subscription that grants access to a catalog of featured games as well as the online multiplayer benefits of Xbox Live Gold. There are some great games with local co-op that are available through there, including Gears
    5, Rocket League, and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, and many, many more. I believe right now that they're offering a promotion featuring the first three months for $1.

Hope that helps!
  5. NawazMohd Win User

Game accessibility issue after EA subscription ends in XBOX one S.

Thank you Reactor leak. Do you have any idea about difference between xbox live local multiplayer and xbox local multiplayer and xbox live local co-op. Does it require xbox live gold pass to play as local multiplayer (using 2 controllers)
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Can't join Lan game on Minecraft

Make sure you are doing the following:

Multiplayer Options

Minecraft (Bedrock) supports the following multiplayer options:

• Locally hosted multiplayer world via LAN or Xbox Live
    • Realms
    • Servers (unofficial, third party server software)
    Locally hosted multiplayer world via LAN or Xbox Live

Any world can be a locally hosted multiplayer world, and accessible to other
    Minecraft
    players.

To start, create new world or load an existing one. Then, select World Settings (pencil icon)
    MultiplayerMultiplayer Game. If all players are on the same local network, you may also toggle on
    Visible to LAN Players.

Other player(s) can join the world by navigating to the Friends tab and selecting the world.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE S - Unable to play local multiplayer - Similar Threads - Unable play local

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  4. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  5. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  6. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  7. Unable to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online: I'm trying to play Dragon Age Inquisition on cloud gaming on my PC, but the start button is translucent and won't allow me to click. 95f65b8b-fe96-4056-af07-71492922b44e
  8. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  9. Unable to play multiplayer games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer games.: Whenever I attempt to load into a multiplayer game it gives me the message “The person who bought this needs to sign in” but not only did I buy these games I also redownload them in an attempt to...
  10. UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES: Hi. Im having issues when I want to play online games such as Forza horizon 5 the texas chain saw massacre. Keeps indicating verification of my profile with the servers is not available at the...