Xbox One S unable to play local multiplayer games?

Discus and support Xbox One S unable to play local multiplayer games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have searched and tried several things over the past week when my daughter had a friend over and tried to play several multi-player games on her Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brobee, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Brobee
    Brobee Guest

I have searched and tried several things over the past week when my daughter had a friend over and tried to play several multi-player games on her Xbox One S. We've enjoyed this feature on the Xbox 360 and this is why we bought
    a second controller. Even unassociating the second controller with an account make no difference. Unable to join as a "Guest" (at least in Hydro Thunder and a handful of others we tried). There is no option to join as a guest. It forces you to enter an
    LIVE account when trying to join with Controller B. Matter of fact, it doesn't even give you a drop-down box so you could choose other saved accounts on your local system. This should not be rocket science, because I know the 360 worked the way every other
    console system has in the past, and Sony does it today just fine....

:)

Brobee, Oct 16, 2017
  2. Local multiplayer for Forza 6

New to Xbox One S can somebody share some info on how to setup local multiplayer options for forza 6

AverseFerret932, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Aerororol
    Aerororol Guest
    Unable to play online multiplayer

I recently got the 1 month Xbox live gold free trial but I'm unable to play online multiplayer in any of my games. I bought my Xbox one S three weeks ago and everything was fine then. Help!

Aerororol, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Luvinlucy Win User

Multiplayer freezing?

I have the Xbox One S. My network cord wouldn’t reach the back of the house. Local mode works fine. It’s just multiplayer in any game.
  5. Oraclea Win User

TOTAL BEGINNER

Welcome to the Xbox family! The main buzzwords you're looking for are "local co-op" and "local multiplayer." A game with local co-op means that people playing it together are working toward a common goal. Local multiplayer could mean that players playing
    together are either working toward a common goal or competing against each other. Additionally, "split-screen" means that the screen will essentially divide itself into smaller screens and each player will look at one of those smaller screens while playing.

When you browse the Xbox Store (or Microsoft Store), you can
    filter
    your search for specific features you want. Local co-op and local multiplayer are among those features. I would caution that if you see "multiplayer" without "local" before it, that might include online multiplayer as well as local multiplayer,
    so you definitely want to make sure you're looking at local multiplayer only. One other resource I'd recommend is the
    Co-Optimus website, where you can search for Xbox One games with local multiplayer settings and see user feedback that's a bit more specific to the local multiplayer modes.

On another note, I'd recommend looking into
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
    , a monthly subscription that grants access to a catalog of featured games as well as the online multiplayer benefits of Xbox Live Gold. There are some great games with local co-op that are available through there, including Gears
    5, Rocket League, and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, and many, many more. I believe right now that they're offering a promotion featuring the first three months for $1.

Hope that helps!
  6. Smwutches Win User

Can I Download Flight Simulator to X Box S without a Game Pass and can I play it without Game Pass?

Do you mean an Xbox One S or an Xbox Series S? The game is not available for the One.

The game plays the same with or without Game Pass. You would just need Gold if you wanted to play online multiplayer.
  7. Money Mike 8 Win User

My modern warfare 2 game just stays on the the press a to start screen

Just found a work around on reddit.

-When connecting, cancel and go offline

-Enter a local multiplayer lobby

-Back out of local multiplayer lobby

-Press select to go Online

- This should then reconnect you Online and resolve the issue.

Worked for me fixing my sons issue on his Xbox One S.

Hope this helps !
  8. SNACKGAR Win User

Modern warfare Split screen multiplayer not working after season 5 update

Local game….? Who plays local game?..we need to play split screen on multiplayer ….anyway as i sed i play in multiplayer in split screen with Vanguard and it's works
Thema:

1. Xbox One S unable to play local multiplayer games? - Similar Threads - unable play local

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  4. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  5. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  6. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  7. Unable to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online: I'm trying to play Dragon Age Inquisition on cloud gaming on my PC, but the start button is translucent and won't allow me to click. 95f65b8b-fe96-4056-af07-71492922b44e
  8. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  9. Unable to play multiplayer games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer games.: Whenever I attempt to load into a multiplayer game it gives me the message “The person who bought this needs to sign in” but not only did I buy these games I also redownload them in an attempt to...
  10. UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES: Hi. Im having issues when I want to play online games such as Forza horizon 5 the texas chain saw massacre. Keeps indicating verification of my profile with the servers is not available at the...