Xbox One S turns on/off both TVs in room, can I make it only turn on/off the one it’s...

Discus and support Xbox One S turns on/off both TVs in room, can I make it only turn on/off the one it’s... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My girlfriend has a Xbox One S connected to her TV, I have a Series X connected to my TV. When she turns her Xbox on/off, it turns both of our TVs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jack Moffenbier, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Xbox One S turns on/off both TVs in room, can I make it only turn on/off the one it’s...

My girlfriend has a Xbox One S connected to her TV, I have a Series X connected to my TV. When she turns her Xbox on/off, it turns both of our TVs on/off. They’re not connected in any way. Can I make it so it only turns her TV on and not mine?

:)

Jack Moffenbier, Feb 6, 2023
  2. jeremiah busby Win User

How do I get my series x console to control TV?

I have tried turning everything off and disconnected everything, turned on the tv and connected the xbox to the amp and connected the amp to the tv making sure I plugged in to a arc input and turned that on I made sure the hdmi control on my amp was turned on my xbox will turn my amp on but my amp won't control my tv my old one s console had option to separately control both tv and amp but my series x console only has one option for cec control
  3. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Xbox One to Windows 10 Streaming Questions

Metal Hounds,

Currently the Xbox One can only stream via mirroring. So whatever the Xbox One has is what the streaming displays on your PC. Without obtaining additional cables/hardware (splitters, etc.) you will need to removing the HDMI IN for your cable box and plug
    it directly in to the TV. This way the TV can be in use under a different HDMI input while your Xbox is on and you can stream from a different room.

The Xbox has to be turned on to stream, but it's not to say that you can't have the Xbox One turned on and the TV turned off. This way you can stream to your PC with the TV off and only the hum of the Xbox One.

Both of these topics have been discussions from various members of the community but if there are any improvements you would like to see you can always head over to
    http://xbox.uservoice.com and post your feedback there for the development team. Hope this helps!
  4. Tboggs13 Win User

XBOX ONE turns on my TV but after a couple of seconds it turns off again

I am having a similar problem. I say "XBOX ON", the light comes on the Xbox One, the tv and stereo turn on then the Xbox One turns off. It then will only turn on by pressing the button on the front and appears to go through a full boot process. Once the
    Kinect boots, it then turns off my tv.
  5. SCOTTVOORHEES Win User

opinions on leaving on and tv app!!!

PSUGRAD I also have a DVR with Direct TV, When I go through the setup stuff from the xbox one it only turns my tv on and off.

If you set your console to turn them both on and off your console still stays on with the white cirlce showing. So it is still on.
  6. maxen Win User

Xbox One turning off/on Xbox 360 when not connected.

Are you sure it's the 360 console turning on/off and not just the TV? If it's the TV, it's probable that the IR blasting that your Xbox One is doing to turn off its connected TV is also reaching the second TV and turning that one on and off.
Thema:

Xbox One S turns on/off both TVs in room, can I make it only turn on/off the one it’s...

1. Xbox One S turns on/off both TVs in room, can I make it only turn on/off the one it’s... - Similar Threads - turns off both

2. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  3. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  4. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  5. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  6. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  7. The music turns off when the game is running

in XBoX on Consoles
    The music turns off when the game is running: The music turns off when the game is running I don't think anyone would love listening to music or YouTube videos while playing a game, but recently when I opened the game, the sound...
  8. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  9. Both xbox one controllers turning off when I turn xbox on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both xbox one controllers turning off when I turn xbox on.: Hi, my sons controllers, even though batteries are completely full turn off after seconds. He was using rechargeable battery packs. So I bought regular batteries and still does it. I also had him...
  10. 2 xbox in the same room, They both turn each other On and Off. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 xbox in the same room, They both turn each other On and Off. Why?: Does anyone know why these two machines in the same room turn each other On and Off? One is an xbox one x the other is just an xbox. They are connected to the same power source. Other than that...