Xbox One S turns on by itself?

Discus and support Xbox One S turns on by itself? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned off my xboxone S and left for not even 5 minutes, so when I returned to my room the xbox turned on BY ITS SELF. I remembered that I turned it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by La Selecta 21, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Xbox One S turns on by itself?

I turned off my xboxone S and left for not even 5 minutes, so when I returned to my room the xbox turned on BY ITS SELF. I remembered that I turned it completly off and for it to turn on, its wierd. It's not the first time it happened, it happened about
    4 weeks ago when I didnt even touch it, and it turned on. I know Im not the only one with this problem, but the last report was 3 years ago. Whats going on? Another creepy thing is that this problem happened to the ORIGINAL XBOX, the one before the 360. So
    why is it happening to the newer versions?I would like some help/advice to stop the problem or read other stories on the newer xbox ones. Thank you for your time.

:)

La Selecta 21, Oct 18, 2017
  2. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Xbox one s turns on by it's self ....

Maybe try turning off power saving mode? Unplug it when you're finished?

brandiesel1, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Ki11R 13
    Ki11R 13 Guest
    Xbox one s turns on by it's self ....

So like the title says my xbox turns on by it's self. I would be ok with that but I can not use it . Nothing shows up on my tv and my controller does not sync like it should. I have to hold the power to shut it off and then unplug it in hopes that it will
    start. It will randomly work but it's a pain that's forsure

Ki11R 13, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Xbox One S turns on by itself?

Hey there La Selecta 21,

It's very possible the console was going through some updates. Is your console plugged into a wall outlet directly, or into a surge protector/power strip?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 19, 2017
  5. karthikeyans3 Win User

Xbox one s

Xbox one s turn off while playing game

After still now it's not turn ON
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

My Xbox One S doesn't turn on

7. Fabio Vieira Milet Win User

Xbox one S

so when I turn on the xbox one s it starts making the clicks on the cooler.
  8. {Parity} Win User

Xbox One S will not turn on.

Try leaving it unplugged longer than 10 seconds (5 minutes). Try a different electrical outlet. If you are plugged into a power strip try plugging it into the wall outlet.

If none of that works contact
    Xbox Support
    and set it up for a repair.
  9. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox One S Will Not Turn On

Hello KingOfCakeFight,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One S not powering on. To troubleshoot this issue, please visit this page:

Xbox One won't turn on

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Xbox One S turns on by itself?

1. Xbox One S turns on by itself? - Similar Threads - turns itself

2. Xbox one failing to turn on after turning itself on, clicks then dies. HHD? Power Supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one failing to turn on after turning itself on, clicks then dies. HHD? Power Supply?: My Xbox One clicked ~5 times and then didn't power on, and the power brick shut off. After that, I tried unplugging the supply completely and plugging it in, but nothing would happen on the Xbox...
  3. My Xbox Series X turns on by itself.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X turns on by itself.: Over the last few weeks I’ve noticed that my Xbox series X turns on by itself from time to time. I’m in the insider program for Xbox update preview. I use sleep instead of full power down. Had the...
  4. Xbox Series X doesn't turn tv off when the xbox turns itself off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X doesn't turn tv off when the xbox turns itself off: I have my Xbox series X set to turn on and off my tv when the xbox turns on or off. This works as expected when I turn on and off the Xbox directly but when my Xbox turns itself off via power...
  5. Why does my Xbox One S turn itself on when I turn my bedroom light on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S turn itself on when I turn my bedroom light on?: I haven't found any setting that should let it do that and it isn't plugged into anything that should let it do that, it is convinient having my Xbox and TV turn on as soon as I get back from...
  6. Why does my series x keep turning itself off.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my series x keep turning itself off.: Regardless if I'm playing a game or just sitting on the home screen my console will disconnect my controller and headset then continue onto a buzzing noise then full system shutdown. And yes the...
  7. My Xbox Series X ust started turning itself on when I turn my TV on

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X ust started turning itself on when I turn my TV on: No CEC enabled...had the console for 18 months or so and this only started maybe 2 days ago. Anyone else, or perhaps any ideas if there might be a setting I'm overlooking outside the CEC?...
  8. My home xbox kept turning itself off as soon as I turned off my console so yesterday I used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox kept turning itself off as soon as I turned off my console so yesterday I used...: I had around three switches left this year on my home xbox but they all kept turning itself off when I turned the console off so now I have no switches left the account name is lxvekills...
  9. My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I got a hold of customer service they had me try...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I got a hold of customer service they had me try...: My Xbox series x keeps turning itself on. I have talked to 3 customer support people. 2 walked me around to troubleshoot and said they would call back and never did. The 3rd one today hung up on...
  10. Xbox turns itself on when I accidentally bump table.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox turns itself on when I accidentally bump table.: Just like the title says, I have my Xbox located on the carpet below the desk I play on due to space. That desk is also touching a dresser. Any time I close a drawer from the dresser or...