Xbox One S - Thrustmaster Ferrari Spider 458 Wheel not steering correctly after last update

Discus and support Xbox One S - Thrustmaster Ferrari Spider 458 Wheel not steering correctly after last update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since early 2021 I've been having fun playing Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Motorsport 7 on my Xbox One S with the Thrustmaster Ferrari Spider 458 wheel... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheRiddikk, Jan 28, 2023.

1. TheRiddikk
    TheRiddikk Guest

Xbox One S - Thrustmaster Ferrari Spider 458 Wheel not steering correctly after last update

Since early 2021 I've been having fun playing Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Motorsport 7 on my Xbox One S with the Thrustmaster Ferrari Spider 458 wheel & pedal kit.

I put my console & pedals away back in October last year while I was playing on another console but wanted to play Forza again so setup my Xbox & wheel/pedal set in mid-December. It did it's auto update as expected but when I went to play Forza, the wheel wouldnt steer correctly.

I could navigate all the Xbox menu's and game menu's but as soon as I started a race, the pedals worked fine but the wheel would not steer properly. Without touching the wheel (driving in a straight line) the car would veer left or right & run off the track. When turning the wheel slightly, the car would turn sharply into the race track wall!! There were times when the car would turn full lock right while trying to drive in a straight line.

Everything was working perfectly before the last update but now I can't use the wheel at all. Is it possible to uninstall the last update & go back to the previous one where the wheel worked properly?

I've searched all sorts of game forums & had people trying to tell me that "it's a game problem" but I call that ****... if the games worked perfectly BEFORE the update but not afterwards, it's a problem with the update rather than the games themselves. I've installed the troubleshooter app on the Xbox & reported the problem to Microsoft but still there has not been an interim update to correct the USB wheel errors.

Will doing a factory reset put the Xbox One S back into it's original software? If so, is there a way I can block the update from happening? Microsoft really need to release a fix for the USB drivers on the Xbox so theat wheels will work.

I really hope something can be done as I really miss playing Forza Motorsports 6 and 7!!!!

:)

TheRiddikk, Jan 28, 2023
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

steering wheel compatibility

The version you are using is the old RW Ferrari 458 Racing Wheel that is compatible with xbox 360 and not compatible with xbox one.

The new version Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel is compatible with Xbox One.
  3. Loubet_dan Win User

steering wheel on a PC

I forgot to mention my steering wheel control is a ferrari 458 spider for xbox one
  4. iTsFx Win User

Why is Xbox series S not detecting steering wheel Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider?

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Expert, and I'll do my best to help you.

It's possible that the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider steering wheel is not compatible with the Xbox Series S, or it may need to be configured properly in order for it to work with Forza 5. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Check compatibility: Make sure the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider is compatible with the Xbox Series S by checking the product specifications on the manufacturer's website or in the product manual.

Update the firmware: If the steering wheel has a firmware update available, make sure to update it to the latest version.

Connect the wheel properly: Make sure the wheel is connected to the Xbox Series S properly and securely.

Configure the wheel in the game: Some games may require you to manually configure the wheel settings in order for it to work properly. Check the game settings to see if there is an option to configure the wheel.

Contact the manufacturer: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the wheel for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or support.

If the wheel is not compatible with the Xbox Series S, you may need to consider purchasing a wheel that is specifically designed to work with the console.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

How do I get my Thrustmaster 458 Spider pedals to work on my Series S?

6. Courtney Todd Win User

Thrustmaster 458 spider. Not working on xbox one

Hi Darlene M, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your Thrustmaster 458 spider steering wheel. According to a post found on the Microsoft forum, the Independent Advisor Andersonpassos mentions that you must ensure that the steering wheel is correctly connected to the console. Double check that all cables are securely connected and that the wheel is on.

Check for updates for your wheel. Thrustmaster may have released updates that fix compatibility issues with the Xbox One All-Digital Edition. You can check for updates on their website or by using the device's firmware update utility.

Make sure the steering wheel is compatible with Xbox One All-Digital Edition. Some Thrustmaster wheels, such as the 458 Spider, are designed specifically for the Xbox 360 and may not be compatible with the Xbox One All-Digital Edition.

If you have tried the steps above and the steering wheel still does not work, you can try using a different USB port on your console. The port you are using may be damaged or not working properly.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d78f3d5a-d674-4a98-b242-5fa4dfe48e68

I hope this helps, I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Best regards,
    Courtney.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S - Thrustmaster Ferrari Spider 458 Wheel not steering correctly after last update - Similar Threads - Thrustmaster Ferrari Spider

2. I have a thrustmaster Ferrari wheel and I have plugged everything in and I go to turn it on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a thrustmaster Ferrari wheel and I have plugged everything in and I go to turn it on...: I do not know how to solve this da085f7b-3c9d-40d1-a8b5-73b8838119ed
  3. Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console: We've got an old Thrustmaster Ferrari Italia racing wheel with pedals and a new Xbox Series X console. Now we can't connect the wheel with Xbox. After connecting the wheel with the consoles USB,...
  4. Will the Thrustmaster T128 Racing Wheel For Xbox & PC work with Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Thrustmaster T128 Racing Wheel For Xbox & PC work with Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC?: Will the Thrustmaster T128 Racing Wheel For Xbox & PC work with Forza Motorsport 7 on my PC? bfce1ddb-0f21-424c-98ef-641fc7f9ddde
  5. Thrustmaster Joystick not working on Xbox Series S. Xbox button blinking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Thrustmaster Joystick not working on Xbox Series S. Xbox button blinking: Bought my son Thrustmaster Captain pack and joystick for Xbox Series S. Both plugged in, and joystick set to Xbox rather than PC option. But neither are working. The joystick light under the Xbox...
  6. Xbox series s flight simulator and thrustmaster hotas one not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s flight simulator and thrustmaster hotas one not working: New to gaming. Son wanted flight simulator for Xmas so got an Xbox series s and a thrustmaster hotas one controller. Have downloaded flight simulator but when I enter the activity to learn basic...
  7. Thrustmaster 458 spider. Not working on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thrustmaster 458 spider. Not working on xbox one: my thrustmaster 450 spider steering wheel. Will not come on or do anything. on my xbox one fb669d58-a53e-4b44-b94a-e4b03e1aa496
  8. On Microsoft Flight simulator the Thrustmaster Airbus joystick is not showing as an option...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Microsoft Flight simulator the Thrustmaster Airbus joystick is not showing as an option...: Hi. Having problems trying to install an Airbus Thrustmaster joystick for X Box One S with Microsoft Flight Simulator. Only the standard X Box controller is shown in the Control options section....
  9. Hello Microsoft community, I am concentrating of buying the Thrustmaster Airbus thrust....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello Microsoft community, I am concentrating of buying the Thrustmaster Airbus thrust....: Hello Microsoft community, I am concentrating of buying the Thrustmaster Airbus thrust. Does it needs to have an X on the box so I know that is compatible with Xbox or is is anyway? Thanks...
  10. THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming: I have ULTIMATE XBOX GAME PASS and running xbox app under windows 11.. when I start a game it says no controller connected...despite My PC being able to see the wheel and pedals and I have checked...