[Xbox One S] "The thing isn't available" when pausing video playback

Discus and support [Xbox One S] "The thing isn't available" when pausing video playback in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have been noticing that my nest hub max keeps saying "The thing isn't available" when trying to pause anything on the Xbox console... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Shawzborne2, Dec 29, 2019.

  1. [Xbox One S] "The thing isn't available" when pausing video playback


    Hello Everyone,

    I have been noticing that my nest hub max keeps saying "The thing isn't available" when trying to pause anything on the Xbox console (playing/un-pausing works fine).

    It seems to have been happening more recently not sure why.

    Xbox One OS Version: 10.0.18363.9078

    Nest Home Max System Firmware Version: 184686

    Any help would be wonderful.

    Thank-you,

    Shawn

    submitted by /u/Shawzborne2
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Shawzborne2, Dec 29, 2019
    #1
  2. KindGryphon Win User

    Xbox One FAILS at 4k Rendering

    Thats because the xbox one doesnt support 4k video playback. The xbox one s will though
  3. Paruchda Win User

    Xbox One S - DVD & Blu-ray audio out of sync - DVD audio/video sync worse

    UPDATE: Xbox One S returned. No solution for audio sync issue on DVD/Blu-ray playback.

    After scouring the internet I cannot find a solution. The Xbox Support seems to be correct. There was an issue with the Xbox One S where the audio was not in sync with the video on DVD and Blu-ray playback. I returned the Xbox One S.

    Hopefully few other experience the issue.

    Good Luck!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    How do I stop the XboxLive default video player from pausing to load the buffer every 10 seconds?

    I think you've answered part of that yourself. The video player is pausing because your connection speed isn't fast enough for the video you are watching. There isn't much you can do here I'm afraid. Most of the streamed content on Xbox LIVE is in HD
    only. The only exception to this rule are streamed movie rentals which are available in 480p as well as 1080p.

    For you to watch the streamed content you will have to pause it first and wait for enough of the video to download before you play it.

    Xbox has many of it's videos available on YouTube. That may be a better option for you as they have 360p and 480p options.
  5. RubberMittens Win User

    Ultra HD movies have judder/dropped frames

    I can't get UHD Movies to play at all. How they can advertise the XBOX One S as being capable of 4k Blu Ray playback when it clearly isn't seems pretty sketchy to me.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

    Halo

    I combed through that Halo Channel video by pausing every few seconds - the amount of info I saw is simply staggering. It'll EASILY be one of the most robust apps available on the Xbox One in terms of the amount of things you'll be able to do. :)
Thema:

[Xbox One S] "The thing isn't available" when pausing video playback

Loading...
  1. [Xbox One S] "The thing isn't available" when pausing video playback - Similar Threads - thing isn't available

  2. Only 2 new thing after update, beta ring

    in XboX Insiders
    Only 2 new thing after update, beta ring: I installed the update for beta ring but only streak and game tiles showing xx/xx achievements is new, no change start up option, no achievement sorting, no view dynamic wallpaper. This normal?...
  3. Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?: What is this new streak thing added in the update? I opened a game after installing the new update and I got a notification telling me something about a weekly streak being started and now there’s...
  4. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  5. I got the Skyrim anniversary upgrade pack but isn't giving me the things in the creation club

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got the Skyrim anniversary upgrade pack but isn't giving me the things in the creation club: I've tried uninstalling and re-installing 6f3d7dd7-6afd-4051-8c54-c6a23d7dbc51
  6. I want to know why this status thing isn't working properly ever since I updated discord?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to know why this status thing isn't working properly ever since I updated discord?: [img] Used to work fine, but now? Nope. I want answers. I tried logging in and out, both via the app and on and desktop. Nothing has been fixed. I also wanna know why on Twitch, whenever I...
  7. What isn't that the best thing that can be done for the first on my Xbox 360

    in XBoX Accessibility
    What isn't that the best thing that can be done for the first on my Xbox 360: Can I download games on my Xbox360E without paying 046c7b5f-2e35-47f6-91b8-51bf413fee56
  8. Why isn't Local Co-op on xCloud a thing?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Local Co-op on xCloud a thing?: The title says it all. Having access to most of my games everywhere I go is amazing but, I'm not gonna sit there and play while everyone watches. Playing with friends is half the fun. submitted...
  9. this isn't working, what is with this dumb thing?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    this isn't working, what is with this dumb thing?: hello, I have xbox live but I need to sign up, I put my email but suddenly it says I have no password, what kind of f**king thing is this? I have tried everything to reset or create a password,...
  10. How is it MS Edge for Xbox isn't the first thing to have mouse support?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    How is it MS Edge for Xbox isn't the first thing to have mouse support?: Seriously... How is it that MS dropped the ball on this? You add the support to the platform but not to the one thing people expect to have it? Bill Gates would turn over in his grave....