Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...

Discus and support Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Home Button of my Xbox One S is not working properly. When pressed, it wouldn't pull up the guide or menu. Also, my Xbox system settings was not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by derek Leung1, May 24, 2023.

1. derek Leung1
    derek Leung1 Guest

Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...

The Home Button of my Xbox One S is not working properly. When pressed, it wouldn't pull up the guide or menu.

Also, my Xbox system settings was not responding (as such, I'm not able to change any settings, like wireless internet connection). Microsoft rewards on Xbox app was not responding. I can play games as usual but couldn't change app/games by pressing the (Home) Circle X button in the middle of the remote (as such, I'm forced to perform long pressing on the (Home) Circle X button in the middle of the remote to execute a console restart).

I had removed all connections to my Xbox. Waited enough time and then reconnected them and restarted the system couple times. Problems were not solved. Is it a software problem, not hardware problem, right?

:)

derek Leung1, May 24, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Question about resetting my Xbox series x

After a factory reset with your brother´s account:

Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

Select Make this my home Xbox.
  3. Bandido1508 Win User

Accessories

Since this is a Logitech accessory, you may need to look on their support page to see if they support the xbox

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024322833

If your G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel does not respond properly upon first connection to your Xbox One console, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the G920's USB cable from the Xbox One.
    2. Press and hold the following three buttons simultaneously:
      • LSB button
      • View button
      • Xbox button
    1. While continuing to hold the three buttons, connect the G920's USB cable to the Xbox One.
    2. Release all three buttons when the G920 wheel begins calibration.
    3. Test the Directional pad (D-pad) on your G920 in the Xbox One home screen to navigate the menu items. This will confirm that the G920 is now responding properly.
  4. derek Leung1 Win User

Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or Menu not showing. Couldn't switch app/games unless having a console restart

I'm sorry to hear that. If there is an external hard drive connected to your console, turn off your console then disconnect the external hard drive, turn on without it, and see if it updates properly.

If not, please try the offline system update method by following the steps from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
    Hi Ron, I am happy and excited to tell you it worked for me after following the steps you provided here for a OFFLINE FACTORY RESET. Didn't work immediately but I kept restoring couple times and then it would work. I got some error messages but it would work out and got resolved after following the steps and recommendations from the Xbox website. My Xbox One S is now working perfectly. Really appreciate your generous insights, sharing, and assistance. Have a nice day.
  5. George Jenkins1 Win User

Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or Menu not showing. Couldn't switch app/games unless having a console restart

Yes I'm having the same issues,
  6. derek Leung1 Win User

Hi, Derek. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please do the steps below in sequence to do a factory reset and let me know if it works:

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
    - Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    - Wait 30 seconds.
    - Plug the power cord back in.
    - Press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.
    - Continue holding the Xbox and Pair buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    - Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.
    Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.
    - You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    - The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen
    - Choose "reset this Xbox" and there you have the option to Keep Games and Apps (already downloaded) or to Remove Everything
    Hi Ron, thank you for giving me responses and helps. However, my console is now not even fully started (it said preparing console and would stop at around 90% and then go back to the Troubleshooting screen.......). I followed your steps and was able to go to the Troubleshooting screen. I selected "reset this Xbox" and when about 90% done, it stopped and gave me an error message "Something went wrong" " System Error: E203 00000803 80073CF3" and gave me two options to choose from (1) Restart the Xbox, and (2) Troubleshoot (reset or update this xbox). I tried both (1) and (2) options and both directed me back to the Troubleshooting screen......
Thema:

1. Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or... - Similar Threads - system SETTINGS responding

2. What clear access key do and refresh certificates in Xbox settings > System > Console info...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What clear access key do and refresh certificates in Xbox settings > System > Console info...: There has any chance that something will break??? aea35fae-87bb-4ec6-a3b8-63b95530bae0
  3. I updated my Xbox in Xbox Setting > System > Updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated my Xbox in Xbox Setting > System > Updates: After update I had version 10.0.25398.2538 (xb_flt_2310zn.231018-2200), but on site is written 10.0.25398.2821 (xb_flt_2310zn.231018-2200) Only at the end it changes, mine being 2538 and site...
  4. why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them: my system has been taken over by my spouse it updates by its self in some password screens it has guest in top left everyday i am trying to fix the attack on my profile and system even my...
  5. I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets".: I started the reward system today and I'm confused on what it means by "Complete 2 Sets". Can someone please tell me what "Sets" are?? a02ece48-22ec-45d8-9f4a-5c64e592d55d
  6. System language was automatically set in English.

in XboX Insiders
    System language was automatically set in English.: I have set my Xbox Series X language to Greek. After the latest update, language was automatically set to English, and I can't set Greek language back again. I have filled a report. Please fix...
  7. Bought new Xbox x...started initial set up...choose wrong wifi, system won't setup or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought new Xbox x...started initial set up...choose wrong wifi, system won't setup or...: Purchased a Xbox x tonight... started initial download realized I picked the wrong Wi-Fi Wi-Fi won't work I need to start the download over again but I don't see an option to reset it how do I...
  8. How is it fair that a system that was set up to protect kids doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How is it fair that a system that was set up to protect kids doesn’t work: Why is that the network that was made for kids not being used why is that when the adults do something wrong it’s also the kids in adult lobby’s why is we the adults always get hit an the kids...
  9. XBOX Set-up not progressing past System Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Set-up not progressing past System Update: Hi All, My Xbox had been having issues so I sent it to the Microsoft repair center. It came back and worked but after a few days I got the green screen of death. I sent it back again and just...
  10. The way Enforcements reputation system is set up with the report system is too abuse...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The way Enforcements reputation system is set up with the report system is too abuse...: Good day, The way how the reputation system on Enforcements works, is far too sensitive for people to abuse.. I've been in several parties with people who, whenever they got battered by people...