Xbox One S sync button broken, new controller wont connect wireless or wired

Discus and support Xbox One S sync button broken, new controller wont connect wireless or wired in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sync button has been broke for unknown amount of time, buy new controller as old one broke, go to connect new controller, bought off amazon from XBOX,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Azherie, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Azherie
    Azherie Guest

Sync button has been broke for unknown amount of time, buy new controller as old one broke, go to connect new controller, bought off amazon from XBOX, sync button doesnt work. Tried using usb cable, multiple in fact, will not connect, go to connect old controller and it connects wired just fine but broken buttons so not worth using.

:)

Azherie, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Azherie, see if you can upgrade your controller first, buddy.

try on pc

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Then try logging into the console again.

If not, try to force a synchronization through the troubleshooting screen, which usually connects the controls around you automatically

See if the solution screen opens

Disconnect the network cable if using a wired network connection.

Turn off the console and unplug the power cord to ensure the console is completely turned off.

Wait 30 seconds and plug in the power cord again.

Hold down the BIND(sync) (located on the bottom front of the console) and EJECT (located on the front of the console) buttons and press the Xbox button on the console.

Keep pressing the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10 to 15 seconds

Listen to the two “activation” tones with a few seconds of difference between them. Release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second activation tone.

If your console is the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, it does not have the EJECT button. You can turn on Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the BIND button and then pressing the Xbo button

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. XBF George L Win User

sync button broken on my controller, can i still connect wirelessly?

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're trying to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows 10 PC but the sync button on the console is broken is that correct? If that's the case you can set up
    the controller with a USB cable and us it Wired. To continue wirelessly you could get an Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter for Window 10 and then connect the controller with the USB and see if it stays synced after you unplug it. Asides from that replacing
    the controller would most likely be your best bet. You can always sync the controller to an Xbox One Console also by using a USB and then unplugging it.
  4. Maxycase Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Is the controller new? has it been working before?

Try to press the sync button on the controller and the Xbox console. More details can be found here on connecting your wireless controller to Xbox consoles:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller
    I bought it used froma friend he had it working on his console but when I got it the sync button was pushed in all the way. Then I opened up the contoller to find the sync button has completely broken off and rattles around in my contoller so pressing the
    sync button on my controller is not possible
  5. XBF Leslie D Win User

Sync issues

The sync button on my xbox one x will not work ive tried it all from powering down to the hard reset. Any ideas???
    Hi FaintestRoom26,

I'm sorry to hear that there's issues with the sync button.

I do know that there's an alternative way to sync your controller to the Xbox One.

You can sync your controller by connecting it via USB cable to the Xbox, once plugged in do the hard reset to your console.

Once it's back up try to see if you're able to use your controller wireless, or you can keep it wired.

Here is a link in regards to this as well:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.

Thema:

1. Xbox One S sync button broken, new controller wont connect wireless or wired - Similar Threads - sync button broken

2. My Xbox’s sync button is broken and my controller will not connect with a usb cable is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox’s sync button is broken and my controller will not connect with a usb cable is...: I’ve tried many usb cable and looked up so many tutorials and I haven’t found thing of use 90fef901-bf11-4bef-b184-3c2184662ffc
  3. My Xbox one S's CONSOLE sync button is broken and I need to find a replacement for it no i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S's CONSOLE sync button is broken and I need to find a replacement for it no i...: the button snyc on my xbox one s is broken i need a replacement so i can fix it but everywhere i look i haven't found anything to help or anyone whos actually knowns what am talking about other...
  4. Hello my problem is my sync button is broken so I can’t connect my controller to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello my problem is my sync button is broken so I can’t connect my controller to my Xbox...: Hello my problem is my sync button is broken so I can’t connect my controller to my Xbox and my Xbox is Xbox one and I tried to fix it but it didn’t work I hope you give me a real solution...
  5. My Sync Button Is Broken, Can I use an Adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Sync Button Is Broken, Can I use an Adapter?: So I bought a second hand Xbox about 2 years ago, and its working perfectly, aside from the fact it has a faulty RF board. I know it is the board, as it works occasionally for around 2 minutes,...
  6. Xbox Sync Button Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Sync Button Broken: Hi, I've had this problem for like a week or so now and whenever I press the sync button the power button doesn't flash and I can't sync anything to it. So I've had no audio for a bit and I can't...
  7. How do I sync to phone with a broken Sync button

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I sync to phone with a broken Sync button: Second time posting, hopefully in a more popular place. I want to try the streaming service for android but my xbox controller's sync button is stuck down, is there any way I can sync in with...
  8. Xbox one s sync button broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s sync button broken: I think my xbox one s sync button is broken. When i push on it, it just goes all the way down doesnt even click. Ive tried to connect 3 different controllers with the usb and that didnt work...
  9. Any way around a broken Sync (Enroll) button?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way around a broken Sync (Enroll) button?: So a few years ago my xbox took a tumble and lost the ability to use any of the buttons on the outside of the xbox including the power, disc and now enroll button. This is a problem because i got...
  10. My sync button is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sync button is broken: hello to every person who see's this i bought an xbox one remote and it's already broken the sync button is stuck in and keeps puting it in sync mode the best thing i could do at the time is rip...