Xbox One S..still no DTS True HD Master 7.1 Audio for Blu-Ray capable movies

Discus and support Xbox One S..still no DTS True HD Master 7.1 Audio for Blu-Ray capable movies in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a way to get uncompressed Bitsteam so my receiver can decipher the audio to the movies preferences, what im missing, not happy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BarrySilvia, Mar 10, 2017.

1. BarrySilvia
    BarrySilvia Guest

Is there a way to get uncompressed Bitsteam so my receiver can decipher the audio to the movies preferences, what im missing, not happy

:)

BarrySilvia, Mar 10, 2017
  2. AliasSMK
    AliasSMK Guest
    7.1 Uncompressed vs. DTS Digital?

How about for Blu-Ray that are encoded with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 or 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit) which PS4 has and sounds amazing but Xbox One is uncompressed which you say is better but then what's the point for EVERY studio encoding their discs with DTS-HD Master
    Audio, That I am forced to listen to uncompressed and have to adjust my lip sync cause whenever I watch a blu ray or netflix or even watch TV on Xbox One the sound isn't synced. I have to shut off Dolby Digital on my Cable box and just go Stereo like it's
    the 80's

AliasSMK, Mar 10, 2017
  3. xXCickXx
    xXCickXx Guest
    Blu Ray Bitstream Passthrough faulty

Hey,

the bitstream passthrough with the blu ray app didn't work.

Blu rays with Dolby True HD is still working. But if the blu ray have an DTS HD Master soundtrack there comes an error that my receiver can't decode it. But my receiver can decode both, Dolby True HD an DTS HD Master. Anybody else have this problem, maybe
    a bug?

xXCickXx, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Xbox One S..still no DTS True HD Master 7.1 Audio for Blu-Ray capable movies

Hey there xGD67x,

Are you referring to Dolby Atmos by chance? This is something that's currently in the Xbox One Insider Builds and according to the Xbox Wire post

HERE
    , should be released sometime in 2017.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Mar 13, 2017
  5. AliasSMK Win User

7.1 Uncompressed vs. DTS Digital?

How about for Blu-Ray that are encoded with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 or 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit) which PS4 has and sounds amazing but Xbox One is uncompressed which you say is better but then what's the point for EVERY studio encoding their discs with DTS-HD Master
    Audio, That I am forced to listen to uncompressed and have to adjust my lip sync cause whenever I watch a blu ray or netflix or even watch TV on Xbox One the sound isn't synced. I have to shut off Dolby Digital on my Cable box and just go Stereo like it's
    the 80's
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there xGD67x,

Are you referring to Dolby Atmos by chance? This is something that's currently in the Xbox One Insider Builds and according to the Xbox Wire post

HERE
    , should be released sometime in 2017.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  7. Eric333333 Win User

Xbox Series X will not output DTS Digital Surround from DVD's

I have tried both options of "allow passthrough". Neither makes any difference.

Just to be clear, I do not have any problems with DTS-HD Master Audio. The issue is only with DTS Digital Surround and only for DVD's. I have actually never seen a Blu-ray disc with DTS Digital Surround, as Blu-ray discs generally have DTS-HD Master Audio or uncompressed PCM audio.
  8. laire42 Win User

DTS reverting back to Uncompressed 7.1

There is absolutely nothing wrong about uncompressed 7.1.

DTS(Lossy) < DTS HD High Resolution Audio(Lossy) < DTS HD Master Audio(lossless) = 7.1 Uncompressed(lossless)
  9. Fuzzynavel-3E9E8D22- Win User

Differences between HDMI DTS and Uncompressed 5.1 Audio Options XB1

In theory PCM uncompressed can give you a pure audio without the need to compress the audio to a core dolby digital or DTS sound codec. DTS is a form of audio compress audio codec. I don't believe the any game has been encoded with a lossless audio. The
    xbox is doing all the audio decoding and you can choose what it outputs.

For Games: DTS or uncompressed should be the same audio with little to no difference.

I have tested both and I actually prefer the DTS output due to it being slightly louder.

If game developers start to make games with lossless sound like on most blu-ray disk then switching to the lossless setting would be the way to go.

For Blu-ray: uncompressed is the way to go, most blu-ray movies are encoded with either DTS HD-master or Dolby TrueHD. The xbox is doing all the decoding on the system chip and is out putting as a PCM to a capable receiver.

Now there are some problems with this and I hope microsoft addresses this in a future upgrade.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S..still no DTS True HD Master 7.1 Audio for Blu-Ray capable movies - Similar Threads - still DTS True

2. If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...: My Xbox is trouble shooting or something like that and ive tried everything I could and I've had my Xbox for 8years. I'm scared if I partially factory reset my Xbox can I still log into my account...
  3. Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.: I’m confused about the fact that we’re half way through April and we still have not heard any news about city skylines 2 coming to Xbox series x/s. We were told early spring 2024, but nothing has...
  4. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  5. Can you still get into skip ahead rings?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you still get into skip ahead rings?: I’m still waiting trying to get into the skip ahead rings is it still possible to get in there almost in insiders for 5 years now submitted by /u/OrneryRecording8883 [link] [comments]
  6. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  7. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  8. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  9. How do I logg a return for an Xbox still under warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I logg a return for an Xbox still under warranty?: Xbox was bought in January and has stated giving problems about a month in. Games keep on crashing when you go in. I would like to return it and get a new one. How do I do this?...
  10. Dts through hdmi-in still not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dts through hdmi-in still not working: It seems DTS through hdmi-in is still not working, I´m getting soft and muted sound through hdmi-in when the source is DTS, but clear surround when Dolby Digital. Is this going to be solved...