Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices.

Discus and support Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox is just slowing down wifi on all other devices.When the xbox is off the two arrows beside the wifi signal are both flashing. When the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NunBeavOtt123, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices.

My xbox is just slowing down wifi on all other devices.When the xbox is off the two arrows beside the wifi signal are both flashing.

When the console is on only the top arrow flashes??? I cant use google, youtube, fb....

:)

NunBeavOtt123, Oct 22, 2017
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    does ethernet xbox one download faster?

Other devices using the wifi can slow down your internet, depending on how much data it's using. A typical iPhone browsing the web shouldn't slow down your internet. If you're doing something like downloading a video on your laptop, then that could definitely slow down your speeds on Xbox.

ClNTRoN, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Xbox One Slowing down the internet for other devices

I believe I have found the solution, I reset the Xbox one via the settings

"Settings>System>Console&Updates>Reset"

I chose to keep my saved apps and games so I didn't have to re download them. After that just run through the start up (you will have to put in all your details again as if it were the first time using the xbox). This seems to have fixed the internet speed
    and latency issues on the PC and the Xbox, the test speed test on my PC whilst the Xbox was on shows no issue and the detailed network statistics on the Xbox itself show no issue either.

The last note I will add, I did have to do this again after I pulled the the power cable out of the Xbox and turned it back on as it went back to ruining the internet but another reset has fixed the issue again.

GuardianOfMist, Oct 22, 2017
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

What are these "arrows beside the wifi signal"? Are you referring to the LEDs of your wireless router, that would indicate Tx/Rx on a specific frequency (2.4 resp. 5GHz)?

Any particular reason why you've chosen to connect your gaming console over wireless, and not the more preferable method of wired?!?

taidara, Oct 22, 2017
  5. By the arrows i mean the ones in the attached picture below which comes on mobiles and devices. I have chosen a wired connection but still the wifi is very very slow.

Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices. [​IMG]

NunBeavOtt123, Oct 25, 2017
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Gotcha!

Never seen those arrows before. However, the arrow pointing up equals transmit (Tx) data, and the arrow pointing down equals Receive (Rx) data.

Could you post up the make and model of your modem along with your wireless router.

Could you also tell us how you've setup your console, to connect to your gateway. Whether wired, or wireless, is your console connected directly to your gateway, or do you use an additional networking device between your console and your gateway?

taidara, Nov 1, 2018
  7. taidara Win User

Gotcha!

Never seen those arrows before. However, the arrow pointing up equals transmit (Tx) data, and the arrow pointing down equals Receive (Rx) data.

Could you post up the make and model of your modem along with your wireless router.

Could you also tell us how you've setup your console, to connect to your gateway. Whether wired, or wireless, is your console connected directly to your gateway, or do you use an additional networking device between your console and your gateway?
  8. NunBeavOtt123 Win User

By the arrows i mean the ones in the attached picture below which comes on mobiles and devices. I have chosen a wired connection but still the wifi is very very slow.

[​IMG]
  9. taidara Win User

What are these "arrows beside the wifi signal"? Are you referring to the LEDs of your wireless router, that would indicate Tx/Rx on a specific frequency (2.4 resp. 5GHz)?

Any particular reason why you've chosen to connect your gaming console over wireless, and not the more preferable method of wired?!?
  10. VibroPlex Win User

Wireless Internet is super slow on Xbox live need help

Do you have a stereo wireless headset, especially those from MadKatz and Turtle Beach? If so, please unplug its transmitter from the console, as those use the same frequency as WiFi but don't use the WiFi rules so they jam the
    WiFi system and slow it down severely.

Also, is there a cordless house phone base unit, an X-10 system, a baby monitor or other wireless device within 3'/one metre of the Xbox? Those also can jam the signal and slow it down severely - but WiFi devices and cellphones
    are no problem.
  11. DJ TRUEKILLA XX Win User

Xbox 360 won't let me sign in and disconnects from Live. How to fix?

You may have a lot of devices connected with your wifi causing it to slow down and shut down other devices.You must disconnect other device you rarely use and try to reboot your Xbox and try reconnecting to the wifi.If this doesn't work then you must contact
    you local inter service provider
Thema:

1. Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices. - Similar Threads - slowing down wifi

2. Why does my console transfer speed suddenly slow down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console transfer speed suddenly slow down?: Hello I am Amir I have a game console service center in Iran And I have a problem with all of Xbox One/One X and One S consoles. After reset console and remove everything, when I want to...
  3. XBox Series X slows down after recording via Win 11 Xbox App connection

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Series X slows down after recording via Win 11 Xbox App connection: XBox Series X. Win 11 laptop. Fios WiFi Camtaisia 2022. XBox Series X runs fine and no problems. Win 11 laptop works fine and no problems. Fios WiFi works fine and no problems with the top model,...
  4. Why is youtube and netflix slowed down through my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is youtube and netflix slowed down through my xbox?: Streaming apps like youtube and netflix play videos as if their playback speed is set to 0.5x or less, but they are not. Games play just fine. 351f4c7b-c8fd-47da-b7b4-53193876db27
  5. my internet is slowing down whenever i download something on my pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my internet is slowing down whenever i download something on my pc.: ever since i got my gaming pc a year ago,i've been downloading games (obviously) but whenever i try to download something whether its on steam, google chrome or free download manager, the wifi...
  6. Xbox One slows down massively when launching a game with a wheel connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One slows down massively when launching a game with a wheel connected: Ever since last Friday my Xbox slows down brutally whenever I try to launch any game with having a wheel connected to the console. Is there any solution to this problem? (If the wheel is not...
  7. WiFi slows down after time for no apparent reason please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi slows down after time for no apparent reason please help: Xbox One S 1TB White My wifi speeds decrease over time and my latency increases as I use my console, I can reset this by clearing the alternate MAC adress, as of now it's been about an hour since...
  8. Xbox One on a wired connection slows down wifi for all other devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One on a wired connection slows down wifi for all other devices.: The xbox one is on a wired connection. When the xbox is off I enjoy 10 - 16mbps down on all of my wifi connected devices. When the xbox is on I get anywhere from 0.1 - 0.3mbps; Eventually it...
  9. Xbox One drastically slows down my wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One drastically slows down my wifi: Hope this goes in this forum, I didn't see a general networking forum. I use a Netgear N+ router and Turbo Roadrunner internet. I use a wired connection to my console; It's fast and I usually...
  10. Xbox wifi connection slows down bad after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wifi connection slows down bad after update: About within 24 hours my wifi connection drops to 2 mbs dl and 1 mb upload after latest march update the only way to get it back to speed is to rejoin my network through settings and re enter my...