Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices.

Discus and support Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox is just slowing down wifi on all other devices.When the xbox is off the two arrows beside the wifi signal are both flashing. When the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NunBeavOtt123, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices.

My xbox is just slowing down wifi on all other devices.When the xbox is off the two arrows beside the wifi signal are both flashing.

When the console is on only the top arrow flashes??? I cant use google, youtube, fb....

:)

NunBeavOtt123, Oct 22, 2017
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    does ethernet xbox one download faster?

Other devices using the wifi can slow down your internet, depending on how much data it's using. A typical iPhone browsing the web shouldn't slow down your internet. If you're doing something like downloading a video on your laptop, then that could definitely slow down your speeds on Xbox.

ClNTRoN, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Xbox One Slowing down the internet for other devices

I believe I have found the solution, I reset the Xbox one via the settings

"Settings>System>Console&Updates>Reset"

I chose to keep my saved apps and games so I didn't have to re download them. After that just run through the start up (you will have to put in all your details again as if it were the first time using the xbox). This seems to have fixed the internet speed
    and latency issues on the PC and the Xbox, the test speed test on my PC whilst the Xbox was on shows no issue and the detailed network statistics on the Xbox itself show no issue either.

The last note I will add, I did have to do this again after I pulled the the power cable out of the Xbox and turned it back on as it went back to ruining the internet but another reset has fixed the issue again.

GuardianOfMist, Oct 22, 2017
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

What are these "arrows beside the wifi signal"? Are you referring to the LEDs of your wireless router, that would indicate Tx/Rx on a specific frequency (2.4 resp. 5GHz)?

Any particular reason why you've chosen to connect your gaming console over wireless, and not the more preferable method of wired?!?

taidara, Oct 22, 2017
  5. By the arrows i mean the ones in the attached picture below which comes on mobiles and devices. I have chosen a wired connection but still the wifi is very very slow.

Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices. [​IMG]

NunBeavOtt123, Oct 25, 2017
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Gotcha!

Never seen those arrows before. However, the arrow pointing up equals transmit (Tx) data, and the arrow pointing down equals Receive (Rx) data.

Could you post up the make and model of your modem along with your wireless router.

Could you also tell us how you've setup your console, to connect to your gateway. Whether wired, or wireless, is your console connected directly to your gateway, or do you use an additional networking device between your console and your gateway?

taidara, Nov 1, 2018
  7. taidara Win User

Gotcha!

Never seen those arrows before. However, the arrow pointing up equals transmit (Tx) data, and the arrow pointing down equals Receive (Rx) data.

Could you post up the make and model of your modem along with your wireless router.

Could you also tell us how you've setup your console, to connect to your gateway. Whether wired, or wireless, is your console connected directly to your gateway, or do you use an additional networking device between your console and your gateway?
  8. NunBeavOtt123 Win User

By the arrows i mean the ones in the attached picture below which comes on mobiles and devices. I have chosen a wired connection but still the wifi is very very slow.

[​IMG]
  9. taidara Win User

What are these "arrows beside the wifi signal"? Are you referring to the LEDs of your wireless router, that would indicate Tx/Rx on a specific frequency (2.4 resp. 5GHz)?

Any particular reason why you've chosen to connect your gaming console over wireless, and not the more preferable method of wired?!?
  10. VibroPlex Win User

Wireless Internet is super slow on Xbox live need help

Do you have a stereo wireless headset, especially those from MadKatz and Turtle Beach? If so, please unplug its transmitter from the console, as those use the same frequency as WiFi but don't use the WiFi rules so they jam the
    WiFi system and slow it down severely.

Also, is there a cordless house phone base unit, an X-10 system, a baby monitor or other wireless device within 3'/one metre of the Xbox? Those also can jam the signal and slow it down severely - but WiFi devices and cellphones
    are no problem.
  11. DJ TRUEKILLA XX Win User

Xbox 360 won't let me sign in and disconnects from Live. How to fix?

You may have a lot of devices connected with your wifi causing it to slow down and shut down other devices.You must disconnect other device you rarely use and try to reboot your Xbox and try reconnecting to the wifi.If this doesn't work then you must contact
    you local inter service provider
Thema:

1. Xbox One S slowing down wifi on other devices. - Similar Threads - slowing down wifi

2. Hard drive slows down Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive slows down Xbox: When hard drive is plugged in the Xbox runs slow and no games will load. I’ve formatted the drive and changed the wire. still no change . What can I do? c033bd53-b75a-4a3c-b7cc-510dabaa3f47
  3. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  4. One X slowing down

in XBoX on Consoles
    One X slowing down: Is it just me or does it feel like Microsoft is pulling an Apple and purposely slowing down our Xbox Ones, so that we will all pony up the money for a new Series-S or Series-X? Me and my buddy...
  5. My Xbox series X controller is slowing down my computer a lot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X controller is slowing down my computer a lot.: So I bought an Xbox series X controller for my PC (in another country, not sure if that makes a difference though) and I got back and decided to try my controller out. For some reason, when using...
  6. Xbox Series S suddenly slowed down with everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S suddenly slowed down with everything: Hi there! I've just bought an xbox series S just 2 weeks ago. Both installation and gaming went smoothly until 2-3 days ago. Then, there was a sudden change in console behaviour: games started to...
  7. Why does my console transfer speed suddenly slow down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console transfer speed suddenly slow down?: Hello I am Amir I have a game console service center in Iran And I have a problem with all of Xbox One/One X and One S consoles. After reset console and remove everything, when I want to...
  8. My xbox series x won't play games when i press them directly and the menus slow down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x won't play games when i press them directly and the menus slow down: My xbox series x does not do any action when I click on any game, but I have to wait for a few minutes until the game start screen appears and then the game start screen remains for a while and...
  9. Xbox Series X Slow my entire network down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Slow my entire network down: I just bought a series X and whenever it is on my entire house's devices slow to a crawl. I had a Xbox One X and did not have this issue. I have 1Gig internet, Orbi RBR850 and have the xbox wired...
  10. Dashboard and console slow down when starting or joining a party

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dashboard and console slow down when starting or joining a party: I have run into a constant issue starting yesterday regarding joining and starting an xbox live party. I was play a game with a friend when an error message appeared regarding my local storage...