Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS

Discus and support Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox One S GoW4 special edition in I have it almost since it launched, recently while playing games, specially Halo Wars 2 and City... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lordjuancarlos, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS

Hi, I have an Xbox One S GoW4 special edition in I have it almost since it launched, recently while playing games, specially Halo Wars 2 and City skylines, it starts laggi t to the point were it is really difficult to keep playing the game properly. It doesn't
    matter if I'm online or offline.

When the match starts everything is going well, but as soon as it starts getting some were between a medium sized to a full scale game it just gets to slow, even while playing 1v1 some times, and while playing offline it is annoying but while playing online
    it is anoying and unfair because i can't control in real time what's happening while every body else seems to be able to do (that's why I don't know if it's a general problem or is it just my console, and if it's just my console... why?).

While playing City Skylines even when having a small city the games starts lagging, some times crashing after a while.

I mean a know these games might be kind of "heavy" games to proces but the Xbox should be able to run them fine, at least Halo Wars 2 being an exclusive....

Is there anything I can do to fix this??

:)

lordjuancarlos, Oct 22, 2017
  2. swampfox18
    swampfox18 Guest
    Do You Like The 360 or XboxOne Home Screen Better

360 one I just wish it wasn't so slow and laggy but that's what happens with aging hardware, hopefully they bring more of those looks to xbox one

swampfox18, Oct 22, 2017
  3. I apologise Microsoft

Again that game also hasn't been shown on a real ps4, only knack has been shown on a real ps4, albeit with severe frame rate dropping and slow down and freezing, knack runs at 30 to 60 fps.

StadiumFighter, Oct 22, 2017
  4. shaggytoph Win User

Xbox Design Lab Controller + Battery Pack

Just wondering since you got the same console as me (series s). Have you tried recording game clips? because when I do they are very laggy and like with micro stutters / fps drops
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Fps Drops On Xbox One S

Hello Ömer Kabadayı, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps below:

First, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. FreYzeR96 Win User

Xbox slow, drop fps and stuttering

If your xbox don't have a lot of space, It could be, that it got dusty. I would suggest you try to clean off all the dust from the intakes, so the xbox can breathe. And after reading other threads like this, I see that
    some fixed the problem by hard resetting or power cycling their xbox.

To do this, you hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off. When you hit the button again, it will start and display the green start-up screen.

-Hope it helped :)
  7. michaelbecker8 Win User

Hi anyone know how to play games stored on harddrive in a differrnt xbox 360 fat console
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Thema:

Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS

1. Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS - Similar Threads - slow laggy dropping

2. What can I do to fix slow/buggy system

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can I do to fix slow/buggy system: My xbox series s was having trouble with a game so I tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't install at all. I tried everything that was suggested but it just made everything worse. My xbox won't...
  3. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  4. my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...: my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads? ef9629da-cc41-4ce3-b364-d34ae574bd3c
  5. Hard drive slows down Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive slows down Xbox: When hard drive is plugged in the Xbox runs slow and no games will load. I’ve formatted the drive and changed the wire. still no change . What can I do? c033bd53-b75a-4a3c-b7cc-510dabaa3f47
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  8. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  9. My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.: My Xbox One X has been laggy, slow and can barely handle FORTNITE. I have done a reset of my system including rebooting it and now it seems worse than before. Games it won't launch are the...
  10. Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??: Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why?? 3255d2d3-4bae-4eb3-88f6-fd4dc4c9b95c