Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS

Discus and support Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox One S GoW4 special edition in I have it almost since it launched, recently while playing games, specially Halo Wars 2 and City... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lordjuancarlos, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS

Hi, I have an Xbox One S GoW4 special edition in I have it almost since it launched, recently while playing games, specially Halo Wars 2 and City skylines, it starts laggi t to the point were it is really difficult to keep playing the game properly. It doesn't
    matter if I'm online or offline.

When the match starts everything is going well, but as soon as it starts getting some were between a medium sized to a full scale game it just gets to slow, even while playing 1v1 some times, and while playing offline it is annoying but while playing online
    it is anoying and unfair because i can't control in real time what's happening while every body else seems to be able to do (that's why I don't know if it's a general problem or is it just my console, and if it's just my console... why?).

While playing City Skylines even when having a small city the games starts lagging, some times crashing after a while.

I mean a know these games might be kind of "heavy" games to proces but the Xbox should be able to run them fine, at least Halo Wars 2 being an exclusive....

Is there anything I can do to fix this??

:)

lordjuancarlos, Oct 22, 2017
  2. swampfox18
    swampfox18 Guest
    Do You Like The 360 or XboxOne Home Screen Better

360 one I just wish it wasn't so slow and laggy but that's what happens with aging hardware, hopefully they bring more of those looks to xbox one

swampfox18, Oct 22, 2017
  3. I apologise Microsoft

Again that game also hasn't been shown on a real ps4, only knack has been shown on a real ps4, albeit with severe frame rate dropping and slow down and freezing, knack runs at 30 to 60 fps.

StadiumFighter, Oct 22, 2017
  4. shaggytoph Win User

Xbox Design Lab Controller + Battery Pack

Just wondering since you got the same console as me (series s). Have you tried recording game clips? because when I do they are very laggy and like with micro stutters / fps drops
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Fps Drops On Xbox One S

Hello Ömer Kabadayı, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps below:

First, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. FreYzeR96 Win User

Xbox slow, drop fps and stuttering

If your xbox don't have a lot of space, It could be, that it got dusty. I would suggest you try to clean off all the dust from the intakes, so the xbox can breathe. And after reading other threads like this, I see that
    some fixed the problem by hard resetting or power cycling their xbox.

To do this, you hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off. When you hit the button again, it will start and display the green start-up screen.

-Hope it helped :)
  7. michaelbecker8 Win User

Hi anyone know how to play games stored on harddrive in a differrnt xbox 360 fat console
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Thema:

Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS

1. Xbox One S slow/laggy/dropping FPS - Similar Threads - slow laggy dropping

2. Minecraft menus are extremely slow and laggy.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft menus are extremely slow and laggy.: Whenever in Minecraft Bedrock Edition I open my inventory, it decreases the performance to where its very hard to move things around in my inventory, and when the crafting menu is up, it decreases...
  3. Xbox Network(Laggy and slow)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Network(Laggy and slow): Hello, I have recently upgraded my router. Ever since then my xbox has been extremely slow with me getting 300 ping. For all my other devices it is perfect and up to speed with 50-65 mps, however...
  4. Xbox is slow, laggy and freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is slow, laggy and freezes: Hi I have an xbox one and it about 5 or 6 years old. I have stated playing on it again and when I try to launch the console it often just stays as a grey screen for more half an hour sometimes....
  5. My Xbox is slow and laggy even after all of the solutions I have done

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is slow and laggy even after all of the solutions I have done: I have tried power cycling and clearing my cache and restarting my console and reset it but the problem still persists. Is there any other methods I can use? Because I can’t even play any of my...
  6. Xbox Keyboard (digital keyboard) is really slow and laggy.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Keyboard (digital keyboard) is really slow and laggy.: Every time I have to use the digital keyboard on Xbox One S while playing a game it's literally a living hell because it's really laggy and full of stutters. submitted by /u/Groundbreaking-Rip-2...
  7. CURRENT OS SUCKS !!!!!!! FULL OF BUGS AND SLOW AND LAGGY

in XboX Insiders
    CURRENT OS SUCKS !!!!!!! FULL OF BUGS AND SLOW AND LAGGY: I left the beta and im suppose to be on the stable os right ? no the beta was way smoother and less buggy what are yall doing xbox ? submitted by /u/itami2x [link] [comments]
  8. Dashboard really laggy and slow.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dashboard really laggy and slow.: Hi there my dashboard has become really laggy and slow after the recent update. When installing this update I ran into trouble with it sticking at 66%. I phoned Xbox and they talked me through...
  9. Slow, sometimes unresponsive and laggy user interface and console dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow, sometimes unresponsive and laggy user interface and console dashboard.: Since the revamp of the user interfaces and store and home dashboards, from the system updates towards the end of 2017, I have found my console to constantly be laggy, and slow at times. Certain...
  10. Slow and laggy/glitchy operating system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow and laggy/glitchy operating system?: I received my project Scorpio edition Xbox , set-up ok, done updates, but wasn't expecting the dashboard to still be very laggy and unresponsive from time to time. I assumed that this would be...