Xbox One S showing friends offline even though they are online

Discus and support Xbox One S showing friends offline even though they are online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My Son is trying to play games with his friend via headsets, so they can talk to each other. But his friend is showing offline on our side.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KirkRobertson74, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Xbox One S showing friends offline even though they are online

Hello,

My Son is trying to play games with his friend via headsets, so they can talk to each other. But his friend is showing offline on our side. Even though his friend is online chatting and playing with other friends.

Please can you suggest how to solve this?

:)

KirkRobertson74, Mar 30, 2020
  2. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Due to high demand on system there have been some issues such as store not working, gamer pictures not working and also friends list glitches.

I experienced this myself the other day, it has resolved itself now.

If still having an issue try holding in power button until console goes off, unplug console, leave it for a few minutes and then turn on

Some things like the gamer pics have been turned off due to demand but the friends list issue is a temporary glitch.
  3. trollhunter01 Win User

It may potentially be as simple as the person appearing offline. This feature allows players to make it seem as if they are offline when in reality they are playing.
  4. GDead095 Win User

Friend shows offline, even though they are def online

I have a friend who ALWAYS shows offline, even when they are definitely online. If I start a party, they can join, even though they show "offline".

It shows offline in games like ESO as well.

That friend says he sees the same thing for my profile, always offline.

Other friends show the correct status, it's only this one that has an issue.

Any ideas how to resolve?
    You may have the chosen the option to appear as offline.

You can check it by pressing the "Xbox Button" on your controller to open the menu, there scroll left or right to the Sign in Tab, and press on your xbox profile icon, another menu will show up and there you will find an option at the bottom, select it and you will see a list where you can choose to appear either offline or online
  5. ErnestLancaster Win User

Issuessss

Samething is happening with all my friends. Its showing all them offline even though i just had 10 friends online
  6. ravary212 Win User

some friends showing offline even though there set to online

well some people change their online status to offline, but they are online, i dont know exactly your problem, I can reccomendo you to add them to best friends and maiby it will let you interact with them, if that doesnt work, try this https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
Thema:

1. Xbox One S showing friends offline even though they are online - Similar Threads - showing friends offline

2. My clips and 30s vids dont show up in the xbox friend chat menu even though i clipped them....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My clips and 30s vids dont show up in the xbox friend chat menu even though i clipped them....: 1: Nothing to see here even though i clipped many things: https://imgur.com/a/J2Nu0uc ( cant paste images in here) 2: All my clips which dont show up/ both 30s second ones and full clips:...
  3. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  4. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  5. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  6. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  7. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  8. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  9. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  10. All my friends show as offline every though they are online

in XboX Insiders
    All my friends show as offline every though they are online: I was planning on playing minecraft with friends tonight but on the Xbox app it says all of them are offline. I went into minecraft and it said I had no friends on there and when u tried to join a...