Xbox One S power supply issue?

Discus and support Xbox One S power supply issue? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! Today I went onto my good old Xbox One S and began playing some Minecraft. About 40 minutes into gameplay my screen went black and the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BrackenShip, Feb 26, 2022.

1. BrackenShip
    BrackenShip Guest

Hello! Today I went onto my good old Xbox One S and began playing some Minecraft. About 40 minutes into gameplay my screen went black and the xbox whirring stopped immediately. The power light was off. Any idea what happened or what I could do to make sure this doesn’t happen again?

:)

BrackenShip, Feb 26, 2022
  2. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox One won't reset to factory defaults.

Hey there C0LT!

Sorry to hear about the console power issue, and thank you for the detailed post! You have tried most of the suggestions we would offer in this scenario, however do you happen to have a nearby friend or family member with an Xbox One console that can let
    you borrow their power supply? If you own an original Xbox One console (not an Xbox One S) with the external power supply, see if trying a separate power supply helps out! If a different power supply does help, that will narrow down the issue to your power
    supply and would need to be replaced.

If that doesn't work, or if you own an Xbox One S, your Xbox One console may need to be repaired. To begin that process, please head over to our
    Online Service Center.

Hope this helps!
  3. samsoft17 Win User

Xbox One S - Abruptly shuts down anytime automatically

Thanks, it seems none of these issues are causing this unexpected "turn off" for my xbox one s.

Could it be due to a faulty internal power supply? And would it be fine if power supply be changed?

How to confirm if this is due to faulty power supply?

Looking for advise please.

Thanks,

Sameer Gupta
  4. DeniqL Win User

I left my room and left my Xbox running because I only left for about 1 minute. Whenever I came back my Xbox shut itself off and it won't turn back on

Hi,Jace! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Let´s first try resetting the power supply

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S have an internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide. If your console won't turn on, it may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cord from the console.

Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button  on the front of the console.

Also, was there any power outage that you know of when you left?
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

XBox One Power Supply Issues

Hi there Michael,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. To help clarify the issue,

• Are you having issue powering the Xbox One?

I recommend to try the following troubleshooting article: Xbox One Power
    Supply Solution

If you've already attempted all troubleshooting and need a replacement for your Xbox One, that begs the question: Is this an Xbox One Original or an Xbox One S or X console?

You can request to purchase an additional power supply by
    contacting Xbox Support
    , if this is for an Xbox One S or X; however, the Xbox One Original power supply is no longer available for purchase from the Microsoft Store, sadly.

I hope that this information helps out.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

xbox 1s will not turn on

Hi Manky999,

Do you have the original Xbox One with the external power supply, or the Xbox One S or One X with an internal power supply?

If you have the original Xbox One, it may be that the power supply is the issue and needs to be replaced. You will need to search for one from a game retailer or online.

If you have the newer models, then unfortunately you will need to get it serviced through Microsoft device support.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S power supply issue? - Similar Threads - power supply issue

2. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  3. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  4. Power Supply Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Replacement: Hello everyone so recently my Xbox One S has stopped working with a Power Supply Problem I opened my Xbox and confirmed to issue it needs a Replacement Power Adapter the one internally in the xbox...
  5. Is my xbox power supply broken???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox power supply broken???: Recently my power supply was white when only plugged into the power socket, but when sometimes plugged into xbox one it turned to orange. Is the power supply the problem or the xbox???...
  6. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  7. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?: Hi! Two quick doubts: Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and even that my console is pluged in a power line...
  8. Power Supply question

in XBoX on Windows
    Power Supply question: Hi, I have Original Xbox one, I have it set to energy saving, so its suppose to completely shut down after I turn the console off, which I believe it does, however the light on power supply...
  9. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  10. Power Supply Issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Issue?: Me, my brother and my fiancé were playing SpiderHeck on our Xbox One and were about to call it quits when the xbox shut itself off, now the brick in the back is flashing red and the xbox won’t...