Xbox One S OSU1 download will not unzip "Unspecified error"

Discus and support Xbox One S OSU1 download will not unzip "Unspecified error" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello - I bought my kids an Xbox One S last Christmas. I am bitterly regretting it. This device wants to update itself every few months, and it cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ALSmith333, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ALSmith333
    ALSmith333 Guest

Hello - I bought my kids an Xbox One S last Christmas. I am bitterly regretting it. This device wants to update itself every few months, and it cannot do this through its own network connection. Those updates fail every single time. So I need to download
    OSU1. Which I have done three times now. What a tedious process. Anyway, the latest OSU1 will not unzip. It gets an "unspecified error" which apparently has to do with third party antivirus software. I do not have any of this, only Windows Defender. My husband
    tried it on his work computer - same result. SO now here I am GBP 200 down, with a large paperweight under my TV, a pile of useless games, and three disappointed kids who think "Xbox" means "waste of time" and "upsetting Christmas present".

My question is - what do I do now? How do I get this worthless piece of junk to turn back into an entertainment console?

:)

ALSmith333, Dec 31, 2018
  2. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hey there

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead andmake a new threaddetailing
    your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!
  3. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having issues with a system update for your Xbox One S. Take a look at this helpful support article:

“I need help with system updates on my Xbox One”
    and follow the steps listed. Hope this helps!
  4. BLOODnny009 Win User

Can't copy OSU1.zip file to USB (Offline System Update)

Downloads\OSU1.zip: Checksum error in $SystemUpdate\system.xvd. The file is corrupt

Downloads\OSU1.zip: The archive is corrupt

This is the message i get when trying to unzip from winrar.
  5. Kay Leadbeater Win User

E202 error

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

Follow this link to the Start up Error Solutions Page and download the Offline System Update File (OSU1) onto your PC. It'll be a zip file so you'll have to unzip onto a USB that's at least 8GB and formatted to NTFS. Once it's all downloaded plug the USB into
    your Xbox and you should be given the option to do an offline system update
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

Offline download OUS1

When you download the OSU1 you must make sure that the file is unzipped as it is compress and also that the file is in the root directory for the USB stick, the console must be able to see the file.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S OSU1 download will not unzip "Unspecified error" - Similar Threads - OSU1 download unzip

2. Osu1 outdated Help me ! Xbox one x insider 28 february

in XboX Insiders
    Osu1 outdated Help me ! Xbox one x insider 28 february: Hello everyone, I have xbox one x And it had an SSD, so I put an HD there because I'm going to sell it, now I can't install the system via the offline website Does anyone have osu1 that came out...
  3. [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?

in XboX Insiders
    [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?: I don't know who contact, I love Xbox but I'm having problems, my xbox can't install offline update, my xbox internal storage got damage and I had to replace once replaced I try to restore my xbox...
  4. Xbox One X Dead?: Error 101 and OSU1 not able to be used. HELP!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Dead?: Error 101 and OSU1 not able to be used. HELP!: Hi i'm on the insiders builds (25398.2919.amd64fre.xb_flt_2311zn.231204- 1210), and the last time i restarted my Xbox one X I get an E101 00000504 8b050041. I've just learnt that the OSU1...
  5. xbox insider osu1 system Version: 25398.2504.amd64fre.xb_flt_2310zn.231009-2200

in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider osu1 system Version: 25398.2504.amd64fre.xb_flt_2310zn.231009-2200: İşletim sistemi Sürümü: 25398.2504.amd64fre.xb_flt_2310zn.231009-2200 İşte bu yüzden osu1 yüklerken e101 hatası alıyorum, ne yapmalıyım? Operating system Version:...
  6. Xbox one OSU1 error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one OSU1 error: I've been trying to download the OSU1 file for 2 days now via the Microsoft/Xbox websites, and it wont load via 2 laptops or my phone to download the file to get my Xbox working again....
  7. what a time come new osu1 file ?

in XboX Insiders
    what a time come new osu1 file ?: i didnt offline update with current osu1 (E101) submitted by /u/Qzanarex [link] [comments]
  8. Update OSU1 Available for download to restore System

in XboX Insiders
    Update OSU1 Available for download to restore System: Guys, I did the procedure by the pen drive and it didn't happen with me .. it was locking at 59%, I did the procedure to copy the files and mount the folder A and B and it worked, try and tell me...
  9. xbox one Osu1 download fail from support page

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one Osu1 download fail from support page: I need the October Osu1 update for making an offline perform but when I clicked the Osu1 download link chrome show me an error that's say the browser cant do a secured download, anyways if you...
  10. xbox wont update, cant download OSU1, how to permanently set xbox to offline mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wont update, cant download OSU1, how to permanently set xbox to offline mode?: Ok so my xbox wont download the 3.5gig mandatory update that was release 3-4 weeks ago or so. Every time I attempt to download the update via my xbox, it gets to somewhere between 27-31% and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unzip osu1 file will not work

2. osu1.zip cannot be downloaded