Xbox one s not turning on properly

Discus and support Xbox one s not turning on properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday when I turned off my Xbox I got back on my Xbox it was showing a grey screen from when I had turned it off the night before. This grey screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EpicChezXBOX2, Apr 21, 2021.

  1. Xbox one s not turning on properly


    Yesterday when I turned off my Xbox I got back on my Xbox it was showing a grey screen from when I had turned it off the night before. This grey screen had been on for about 12 hours. I hold the power button down to turn it off and after turning it back on, the regular startup screen plays. It was playing for like half an hour before I turned it off again. Now today I try to turn it on, my controller isn't connected, it's not showing anything on my monitor and something in it is making really loud noises (i think it's the hard drive). Any help?

    :)
     
    EpicChezXBOX2, Apr 21, 2021
    #1
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

    Xbox one s not turning on properly

    Hello EpicChezXBOX2, I hope everything is going well!

    Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

    If your Xbox console won't turn on, your power supply may be faulty or improperly connected!

    It may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

    To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:

    1. Unplug the power cord from the console.
    2. Wait 10 seconds.
    3. Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console.

    If the issue persists, here are some points to check:

    • Check that the wall outlet you’re using is working with other devices.
    • Check that the power cable is firmly connected to the wall outlet and to your console.
    • Ensure that you're using the power cable that came with your console, and that it's the correct cable for your region.

    If your console still will not turn on, it needs to be serviced. To request service, sign in to Microsoft account | Devices with your Microsoft account and submit a service order.

    I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

    Kind Regards

    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Daft Badger Win User

    Power Supply Problem

    The xbox one S doesn't have a external power brick.It's built in to the console.

    You can try the solutions via the link CoffeeTime provided but If the console isn't turning on properly i'd return it as soon as possible as a new console should not be doing that,even if it is a refurbed one.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

    XBox One S turns on with no picture output, then turns off

    Hello Frosty00700,

    Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One S not powering on properly. To troubleshoot this, please visit the following page:

    Xbox One won't turn on
    .

    I hope this helps.
  5. Francia J. Win User

    xbox series s doesn't turn on properly

    You're correct, TervalentGolem8.

    Setting it to standby mode should do the trick for the issue.
  6. TervalentGolem8 Win User

    xbox series s doesn't turn on properly

    So you can't use the controller to turn the console on from energy saving mode?

    And what about needing to push the power button on the console twice for it to turn on
Thema:

Xbox one s not turning on properly

Loading...
  1. Xbox one s not turning on properly - Similar Threads - turning properly

  2. "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    "Turn off after" using sleep, not shutdown.: I originally addressed this in an Alpha Skip-Ahead comment, but it didn't receive any attention. "Report a Problem" tickets have been filed, so hopefully u/neonepiphany might have some information...
  3. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  4. Should I be able to turn on auto sr on Xbox ally x for steam elden ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    Should I be able to turn on auto sr on Xbox ally x for steam elden ring?: Pretty much title. It says that its unavailable for the app, is the current version only tied to certain games? submitted by /u/dantemp [link] [comments]
  5. Windows Insider promises to improve its quality; now it should be Xbox Insider's turn to...

    in XboX Insiders
    Windows Insider promises to improve its quality; now it should be Xbox Insider's turn to...: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2026/03/20/our-commitment-to-windows-quality/ Windows has already realized that continuing with its Insider program in the current way was unsustainable,...
  6. My Xbox Series S is not turning on!

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series S is not turning on!: I was not using it for few months and when I tried to turn it on to play something, it simply doesn’t turn on! The LED light of the power button flashes quickly, and nothing happens. It’s the...
  7. Console on when I turn on headset

    in XboX Insiders
    Console on when I turn on headset: hi, I am using the razer kaira pro headset. I’ve noticed that whenever I power on the headset to use it with my phone via Bluetooth or with my PC, it automatically turns on my Xbox console as...
  8. My TV/Xbox keeps turning a shaded green color? Brand new tv and Xbox X

    in XboX Insiders
    My TV/Xbox keeps turning a shaded green color? Brand new tv and Xbox X: My screen on my Xbox keeps turning a shade of green and I can’t figure out why; I switched to a new HDMI am using a brand new 4k TV with an Xbox I bought only a year ago; the only fix I’ve found...
  9. Xbox controller keeps blinking and then just turns off

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller keeps blinking and then just turns off: My Xbox controller keeps blinking and then just turns off. When I press it (console off) it turns on but immediately shuts down but console will start. So if I hold in xbox button it starts...
  10. Is there a proper way to turn off the series x?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is there a proper way to turn off the series x?: After gaming, I always turn off my series x with my controller. Holding down the middle button and selecting “turn off console”. At times, I notice that the button on my series x console starts to...