xBox One S: No Time Allowed to input WiFi Password

Discus and support xBox One S: No Time Allowed to input WiFi Password in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Working xBox moved to parents home but will not connect to router. When selecting the home router SSID (VM … 66-2G) on “Choose Connection” list the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Helen8818, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Helen8818
    Helen8818 Guest

Working xBox moved to parents home but will not connect to router.

When selecting the home router SSID (VM … 66-2G) on “Choose Connection” list the enter password box & onscreen keyboard appear for a split second before “Connecting to (SSID) Wireless Network ..” then “Can’t Connect To Your Wireless Network”

Following “That Didn’t Work” eventually message states “incorrect password” which is correct as not allowed time to input one.

:)

Helen8818, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Helen8818 Win User

Thanks for your suggestions; I’ve already completed those plus: Reset and keep my games & apps; MAC filter; switch Firewall off on router.

Another observation was that on the day (Sun 27th Nov) that it was moved an automatic system update was completed in the morning; the xBox still worked for the rest of the day before being uninstalled.

I’m reasonably technical but not a clue about such devices; to me if the software doesn't allow the password to be entered then it’s not going to connect.
  3. Helen8818 Win User

Hi

I've just taken the xBox to grandsons & tried back on his home network and the result is exactly the same. Will not allow time to input password or SSID.
  4. Francia J. Win User

I apologize for the trouble, we just need to try using a different network connection so we can confirm what is the issue since you have also performed almost all the necessary steps.
  5. Helen8818 Win User

I do not have access to any hotspots in my location & will have to wait until my grandson returns home to connect to his router again.

I only installed the expander later on in the diagnosis process so I could install it in the bedroom using the Ethernet port.

What I have done is videoed two clips of the separate onscreen processes & reviewed in super slow motion.

From “Choose a connection” from discoverable list VM212766-2G is selected (my home router)

Displays: Network “VM212766-2G” : Password; with the long box underneath for entering the password & the checkbox Show password underneath that.

This is only displayed a split second before “connecting to VM212766-2G wireless network..”

A split second later the on screen keyboard appears, again only for a split second (the above “connecting to.. remains)

Eventually says it can’t connect. If you then follow on screen process it states “incorrect password”

From “Choose a connection” from discoverable list “Add wireless network” is selected

Displays: Specify SSID with box underneath

This is only displayed a split second before display changes to “Checking connection” & the onscreen keyboard appears, again only for a split second.

At a guess I suggest that an automatic update was processed whilst xBox was connected to the router and any problem would only be apparent when it was disconnected from the router and the “choose connection” login was required.

Is it possible that this is a software glitch, if so how can I go about solving it.

Many thanks
  6. Helen8818 Win User

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve used an Ethernet cable direct from router to xBox & connect to internet OK. I have a WiFi expander, one that uses the house ring main to send data. Again the xBox will not connect to expanders WiFi but using it’s Ethernet port I get a good internet connection to the xBox.

Hopefully this will do until my grandson gets home and we can see if it still connects to his home network.

My gut is still that this is a potential software glitch but time will tell.
Thema:

1. xBox One S: No Time Allowed to input WiFi Password - Similar Threads - Allowed input WiFi

2. My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming: Hi. Yesterday my internet was boosted from 1GB to 2.2GB. and now my Xbox will not allow me to play online. The message on screen says waiting for relay. I would add that ten minutes before city...
  3. Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing: Why is nascar heat 5 not loading online 09b8d753-4c0e-4062-819a-24693cf0e9df
  4. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  5. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...
  6. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  7. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  8. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  9. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  10. How to allow WII Remote inputs and change them to keyboard outputs

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to allow WII Remote inputs and change them to keyboard outputs: Hello, I am trying to play the new Lego Star Wars using a WII remote to have a little fun, but for some reason, I can not find a way to do this despite the various resources on the internet....