Xbox one S no signal from TV

Discus and support Xbox one S no signal from TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I got an Xbox one S recently. It worked fine and everything. Now I went to durban which is 1500Km away from home and it worked fine. Now when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TeaEnBusquets, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Xbox one S no signal from TV

Hi guys, I got an Xbox one S recently. It worked fine and everything. Now I went to durban which is 1500Km away from home and it worked fine. Now when I got back the Xbox went on, but the TV received no signal. I have tried cold booting it, resetting the
    resolution to 640 but when I reset the resolution then when I went to Change it to 1080p it hits me back with the no signal on the tv. Any suggestions to fix this problem. There is nothing wrong with my ports and all plugs are in the right port. Thanks.

:)

TeaEnBusquets, Sep 7, 2017
  2. problem streaming cable TV through xbox one

I had no issues with streaming cable TV through my new xbox one (HDMI cable from cable box into xbox one), then suddenly it no longer picked up the cable TV signal. I know the cable TV signal is fine since I can re-route the HDMI through my receiver and
    pick up the TV signal fine. Is it possible that the xbox HDMI jack has failed? Or some other reason that it would suddenly stop picking up the cable TV signal?

robertwr-BBA53B3F-11F7-4599-AE5F-C3E94649A1D1, Sep 7, 2017
  3. JCSWW
    JCSWW Guest
    Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

That's the issue right there, Prezdead! My TV auto detects the resolution being put out by the source and sets it accordingly. There is no way to set my TV's HDMI input to display a certain resolution regardless of what the source is putting out. My Android
    box and Roku 4 put out a 4k signal when I enable the resolution they should output is 4k. Unfortunately, The XBOX One S doesn't seem to do that.

When I do the video test on the XBOX One. My TV doesn't even flicker. It just pops up that it failed everything, which is incorrect. If I change the resolution on the XBOX One S to 720p, then it flickers and my TV changes the display to 720p. If I change
    the XBOX One S to display 1080p, then the TV flickers and changes the resolution to 1080p. If I try to change the XBOX One S to display UHD, it does nothing other than go instantly to the failed screen, which states none of the options are supported. Under
    Advanced Video Settings though, I have 24Hz, 50Hz, and UHD 4k checked. the problem is, the XBOX One S is putting out the 4k signal because the test says the TV fails everything and the TV will not disaply in 4k until the TV receives a signal from the XBOX
    One S to display in 4k.

JCSWW, Sep 7, 2017
  4. JCSWW Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

That's the issue right there, Prezdead! My TV auto detects the resolution being put out by the source and sets it accordingly. There is no way to set my TV's HDMI input to display a certain resolution regardless of what the source is putting out. My Android
    box and Roku 4 put out a 4k signal when I enable the resolution they should output is 4k. Unfortunately, The XBOX One S doesn't seem to do that.

When I do the video test on the XBOX One. My TV doesn't even flicker. It just pops up that it failed everything, which is incorrect. If I change the resolution on the XBOX One S to 720p, then it flickers and my TV changes the display to 720p. If I change
    the XBOX One S to display 1080p, then the TV flickers and changes the resolution to 1080p. If I try to change the XBOX One S to display UHD, it does nothing other than go instantly to the failed screen, which states none of the options are supported. Under
    Advanced Video Settings though, I have 24Hz, 50Hz, and UHD 4k checked. the problem is, the XBOX One S is putting out the 4k signal because the test says the TV fails everything and the TV will not disaply in 4k until the TV receives a signal from the XBOX
    One S to display in 4k.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

HDMI Issues

Hi Martin,

Can you check your TV's manual and double check that the TV doesn't have a firmware update?

Does the laptop connect to your TV on all of the TV HDMI ports?

Have you unplugged the TV from the power source for a while and then reconnect?

It's odd that your Xbox works on a different TV and other devices seem to be working fine on the TV with no signal from the Xbox. I would recommend trying it on one other TV if possible.

Do you have and Xbox One original, One S, or One X?
  6. JessicaKempf1 Win User

Xbox one Invalid Format

We moved to another TV and got a new HDMI cable.

We did the Reset as you outlined and it says "No Signal' on the TV.

It is an Xbox one S.

Any other suggestions?
  7. pillow slobber Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

it seems to be an issue on many different tv models so it's definitely an Xbox one S firmware problem not receiving the HDR signal correctly
  8. RomkaZzz Win User

How does the xbox one s know to upscale or input game info to 4k, if the games are not the 4k version?

Xbox One S has a 1080p output for this game with HDR. You TV upscale input video signal to 4K, if it not a 4K or less.
Thema:

Xbox one S no signal from TV

1. Xbox one S no signal from TV - Similar Threads - signal

2. No signal

in XBoX on Windows
    No signal: Console powers on but on the screen it says no signal to hdmi. We have changed out hdmi cables and tvs and tried to reset the Xbox with no luck. What else can we try...
  3. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  4. Great Wi-Fi but get low mbps signal is good why is that

in XBoX on Consoles
    Great Wi-Fi but get low mbps signal is good why is that: I had great download speed in the past but now I don’t what’s to problem I have great Wi-Fi great signal I get 10 to 80 Mbps 11bdb2e6-2bf4-4e1a-a003-90a538d08095
  5. New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV: New "no signal" problem with Xbox Series X on Hitachi TV I booted up my Xbox Series X for the first time on Thursday. It worked fine on my Hitachi TV. It downloaded games overnight. On Friday...
  6. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  7. LG OLED C3 no signal error using Xbox Series X at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    LG OLED C3 no signal error using Xbox Series X at 120hz: Hi Guys I am having intermittent ‘no signal’ errors using Xbox Series X at 120hz when changing from game to Home Screen (dashboard) on my LG OLED C3 tv. [img] I don’t have any problems using my...
  8. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  9. What do I do if my Xbox says no signal is it on

in XBoX Accessibility
    What do I do if my Xbox says no signal is it on: What do I do if my Xbox is it on 7839d883-a6b8-4e0e-8cc5-f508309ead31
  10. Monitor says no signal on my brand new custom pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor says no signal on my brand new custom pc.: Okay, just finished my new PC. Everything boots up. Gpu, aio, etc. My monitor reads my gpu, but says no signal. I have tested my ram and It works. It is not my cpu, neither my motherboard I am...