Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly

Discus and support Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I have to either start or restart my Xbox One S console (like, every... single... effing... time...), the system will either get hung on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NismoDrifterNC, Feb 8, 2021.

  1. Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly


    Every time I have to either start or restart my Xbox One S console (like, every... single... effing... time...), the system will either get hung on the green screen or (in the rare case the thing ACTUALLY does make it further into booting), a black screen. Sometimes i will get the "E208 0000045D 00000005" error, most times not. But, doing a factory reset is the ONLY way i can get my system to boot correctly whatsoever. I must have had to do this at least 15 times now and it's insanely frustrating. I have followed all troubleshooting suggestions from similar cases on this site multiple times, to no effect.

    Suggestions?

    :)
     
    NismoDrifterNC, Feb 8, 2021
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly

    Hi,

    The main Operating System on an Xbox console is run from the hard drive. By the looks of what you're describing, the hard drive in your console is failing. The only fix is get your console repaired.
  3. telMitusXBM Win User

    The game uninstall, but after reboot are back again in the games installed

  4. Tezzarrific Win User

    My Xbox has been taking around 10 minutes to get to the green screen and then another 50 to take me to my dash board and then I can’t even play any games

    which xbox is it, if xbox one or one s then could be the hdd is corrupted or failing, full factory reset might be needed again or repair.
  5. 8ea13d71-ba5f-4980-b Win User

    Xbox One X Freezing, Lagging, Crashing

    Have you tried a factory reset and try doing an offline system update ? To me it seems you corrupted the os on the xbox installed to the internal drive. If you interrupted the update. So i suggest doing a fresh system update while offline after a factory reset. Apart from that any change in the boot animation aka the boot logo when you first boot up the xbox. The time it takes to get to the dashboard before and after this happened. That happened to my xbox series s regardless of being in standby and powersaving.
  6. WPAK Win User

    Connectivity and crash issues with new Xbox One X

    Hi there,

    since you mentioned that the console sometimes crashes on boot up I suggest trying to do a factory reset to see how it behaves afterwards.

    The console can be reset with keeping games and apps installed, you will however need to Download your profile again, which does require knowing the account credentials.

    See this link for more information and the steps on how to perform the Factory reset:

    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults


    Let us know the results
Thema:

Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly

Loading...
  1. Xbox One S needs factory reset to boot constantly - Similar Threads - needs factory reset

  2. XBOX Insider hub dead, need help

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider hub dead, need help: I’ve recently joined XBOX Insiders and downloaded the hub, the only issue is, i am barely able to upgrade my ring, and the only way i can is via these weekly pulses, which only give me about 5 xp,...
  3. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  4. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  5. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  6. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  7. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  8. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  9. need someone smarter then me lol

    in XboX Insiders
    need someone smarter then me lol: dumb question/post and I know and its in beta lol but I read battlefield 6 should work for disc to digital but mine always says congrats it worked!! but it don't work but I got the GTA remake to...
  10. Why i need inernet to do a factory reset the second time?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why i need inernet to do a factory reset the second time?: I did factory reset the second time for my xbox one with the accs i had for years but i canceled cable and did not realize i need inernet to do the initial set up again why i need inernet to do...