Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

Discus and support Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Having a probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by realbonefather, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

Having a probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local network has no problem (Windows 7 Desktop, Windows 10 Desktop,
    Windows 10 Tablet (all on Anniversary Update)). Even PS3/PS4 and Mobile Phone can connect to the DLNA Stream - only the new Xbox One S fails to do so. Error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff). Help appreciated!

:)

realbonefather, Sep 29, 2016
  2. Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

Having the same probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local network has no problem (Windows 7 Desktop, Windows
    10 Desktop, Windows 10 Tablet (all on Anniversary Update)). Even PS3/PS4 and Mobile Phone can connect to the DLNA Stream - only the new Xbox One S fails to do so. Same Error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff). Help appreciated!

3. Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

nicvac, thanks for the hint about VLC. Would be great if they bring this media player to the XBox One. At last thats what all the UWP stuff promised us, right? Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff) :)

4. realbonefather Win User

Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

Having the same probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local network has no problem (Windows 7 Desktop, Windows
    10 Desktop, Windows 10 Tablet (all on Anniversary Update)). Even PS3/PS4 and Mobile Phone can connect to the DLNA Stream - only the new Xbox One S fails to do so. Same Error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff). Help appreciated!
  5. nicvac Win User

@realbonefather: of course this is a task for MS. But don't rely on them. Our problem has been reported by me since February 2015 and as you can see the bug is still there. Instead of resolving real problems they are more interested in not bumping older
    threads.

If you don't want to risk changing your firmware, I suggest you to wait for VLC release for Xbox one (www.windowscentral.com/check-out-windows-10-vlc-app-running-xbox-one-due-later-summer).
    It should be released in the xbox store soon.
  6. realbonefather Win User

nicvac, thanks for the hint about VLC. Would be great if they bring this media player to the XBox One. At last thats what all the UWP stuff promised us, right? :)
  7. nicvac Win User

Hi, I solved this problem installing OpenWrt (openwrt.org) and minidlna in my Router tp-link wdr3600.
  8. realbonefather Win User

Sorry for activating this old thread. Somehow every forum has it's own rules (dont open new thread if topic already exists, always open new thread although topics the same, ....) ;-)

Anyways...just my quick response before creating a new thread.

@nicvac: Thx for your solution. But throwing away my router guarantee for messing with the firmware can not be the solution. Even if it might work. And again...all of my devices can receive streams in my network except Xbox One S. So maybe its a task for
    MS ...

@Mister Maker: Thanks for the quick response. Will create a new thread. As i have seen so far, there are quite some bugs related to the new Media Player. So the problem maybe was solved once but popped up again...
Thema:

Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

1. Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff) - Similar Threads - Media Player error

2. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  3. Media player error 0x80004003 streaming from Network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Media player error 0x80004003 streaming from Network: Media player error 0x80004003 streaming from Network You can look up Xbox error codes here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/error-code-lookup and it will provide some tech support for the issue....
  4. Xbox one media player error 0xc00d11cd all file types

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one media player error 0xc00d11cd all file types: I can't remember the exact date or if anything significant happened. But all of a sudden my Xbox media player quit recognizing NEW files I added to my external hard drive. Most are mp4, mp3 and...
  5. Media Player error 0xc00d36c4 streaming MKV from PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player error 0xc00d36c4 streaming MKV from PC: I have a number of known good MKV videos. If I put them on a USB stick they play just fine in the Media Player app on XB1. They also play just fine on my Win8.1 PC in the Video app. If i try to...
  6. Reviving thread for Media Player error codes 0xc1010107, 0xc00d36c3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reviving thread for Media Player error codes 0xc1010107, 0xc00d36c3: I get these error nearly all the time trying to play videos from my PC in the Media Player app. What is the cause of these errors (strong suspicion of DTS encoding, but that is never the first...
  7. Media Player Error Code(s) 0xc1010102 (0x80072ee2)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player Error Code(s) 0xc1010102 (0x80072ee2): I have been using the media player app to stream media from my Windows 7 laptop since the media player app was released. I would occasionally receive this error message while streaming but not...
  8. Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff): Scenario: DLNA service running on the LAN (by Router tp-link wdr3600 sharing media content from external hd). Xbox one Media Player is able to see the DLNA service. Also it allows to browse...
  9. media player error code 0xc00d11cd 0x80070001

in XBoX on Consoles
    media player error code 0xc00d11cd 0x80070001: Recently I have been unable to play any media I have added to a portable hdd I use. Every time I do I receive the same error code, it's all legally downloaded (rifftrax if it matters) and there is...
  10. Sorry, we could not start media player 0x87de2712 error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry, we could not start media player 0x87de2712 error: Getting that message plus 0x87de2712 error code when trying to start up the media player app on xbox one. Just returns to home screen every time. Any help appreciated...