Xbox one s making soft clicking sounds.

Discus and support Xbox one s making soft clicking sounds. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Just asking what it is. About 15 minutes ago I heard a somewhat loud clicking noise, I turned off my xbox and turned it on, it made the noise again.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SandyPlayz86, Dec 18, 2022.

  1. SandyPlayz86
    SandyPlayz86 Guest

    Xbox one s making soft clicking sounds.


    Just asking what it is.

    About 15 minutes ago I heard a somewhat loud clicking noise, I turned off my xbox and turned it on, it made the noise again.

    It's a very soft noise the second time, but weirdly enough after restarting it again it stopped.

    I'm not sure if it's the hdd inside the Xbox causing this, or not.

    I don't believe it's the fan because I actually had it fully dusted and cleaned fairly recently.

    It's not an old xbox, about less than 2 years.

    It's not on all day either, in fact it's in "power saving" mode so it drains less power when turned off.

    Just want to know if the hdd is the fault or not.

    :)
     
    SandyPlayz86, Dec 18, 2022
    #1
  2. SnipingRub3n96 Win User

    Xbox one not correctly repaired

    What kind of sound?,this is actually normal,i got a xbox one S too and make like a little click sounds when is off(with the insta on off),i'm aware all the xbox one "S" make this particular noise,so if your hardware runs ok you should be not be worry about
    that ^^
  3. AntoineTurner Win User

    Factory reset of Xbox One via USB

    How are you reset Xbox one s and stop the clicking sound
  4. VORZAP Win User

    xbox one HD keeps making a clicking sound

    It's a warning sign that the console is about to fail. I have had this problem and ignored it until last night when I got the infamous green screen of death stuck for hours on end. I called MS to initiate an advance exchange after they concluded that my
    console is in need of repair. Best advise: call them up and report it before your console GSoD's on you.
  5. Chewie B Win User

    xbox one HD keeps making a clicking sound

    Yes. It's a pretty common concern, and I've been through 3 consoles with other significant issues that ALL have had some degree of audible hard drive seeking/clicking. What tends to fix it temporarily is to turn off/unplug the console completely, and then
    turn it back on. The console will be relatively silent until after a few hours of multiple games/apps and the audible click will return.

    The constant HD seeking is likely an issue with the OS or firmware that can be patched out, and likely not a hardware issue.
  6. ow7iee Win User

    Xbox One S Clicking & tapping sounds.

    Got it for the holidays & it's making clicking & taping sounds. They're a bit louder then on in the video & when I use open back headphones I can't really hear it. I'm just concerned & wondering if I should send it back.

    Here's the video link

    https://youtu.be/9ndxjXU6cVQ

    I also have a audio only WAV file of it gets it a bit better that'll be in the YouTube description.

    I appreciate all the help!

    Regards
    Well if it's the famous xbox one s, fan tick/clicking sound... There's nothing to worry about. One S consoles lacking the tick noise from the fan seem uncommon.. I just watched a youtube video where a xbox repair guy investigated the issue, he even took out
    the fan and took it apart etc. He said no need to worry, nothing is broken.. it's just by how it's designed that easily can cause the tick noise.. No sign of hw failure. But now I don't know if it's this issue u describe since I'm on my xbox and typing this
    in the xbox assistant app forums section...
Thema:

Xbox one s making soft clicking sounds.

Loading...
  1. Xbox one s making soft clicking sounds. - Similar Threads - making soft clicking

  2. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  3. Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft

    in XboX Insiders
    Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft: So basically I’ve just bought Minecraft for the Xbox one and I can’t play the Xbox one edition because it doesn’t have a button to switch editions submitted by /u/Big-Assumption1785 [link]...
  4. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...
  5. HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black

    in XboX Insiders
    HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black: Since last update my screen goes black then back to normal while playing with HdR along with the sound turning off and on . I been in the alpha skip program since the beginning and this is the...
  6. Make back compat easier to find in the store please.

    in XboX Insiders
    Make back compat easier to find in the store please.: For as great of a program as it is you sure make it not easy to browse for back compat titles. In the store (at least on One X, not sure if they all look the same) you have Games on the sidebar....
  7. The weird inconsistencies across Xbox platforms (and the missing features that make it worse)

    in XboX Insiders
    The weird inconsistencies across Xbox platforms (and the missing features that make it worse): This isn’t meant to be an Xbox hate post — I love the ecosystem — but after bouncing between console, PC, mobile, and the web, the inconsistencies really start to pile up. None of them are huge on...
  8. Xbox 1 issue- Can’t make new account

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 1 issue- Can’t make new account: Trying to make a new account on Xbox 1. I do the QR code and put the code in. It says it’s all done on Xbox but then just does a loading screen and then sends me back to the original place....
  9. Make Game Pass Ultimate A Yearly Subscription If You Want Us To Buy From You!? Easy!

    in XboX Insiders
    Make Game Pass Ultimate A Yearly Subscription If You Want Us To Buy From You!? Easy!: I know they have to keep sending money for us to have free games on Game Pass ultimate. But at the same time $30 a month is too much. If they would have made game pass a yearly subscription I...
  10. Will xbox ever make a soft controller?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Will xbox ever make a soft controller?: Xbox’s controllers are pretty cool and comfortable but will Microsoft ever make a fuzzy controller? It could be a accessory for the Xbox one, and series x controllers that you can take off and...