Xbox one s makes a loud nose

Discus and support Xbox one s makes a loud nose in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; sometimes whenever I'm on my Xbox One S after I'm playing it for a while say maybe 3 or 4 hours it'll start making a loud weird noise what is that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by COWBOY DAMIEN, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Xbox one s makes a loud nose

sometimes whenever I'm on my Xbox One S after I'm playing it for a while say maybe 3 or 4 hours it'll start making a loud weird noise what is that

:)

COWBOY DAMIEN, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Xbox One S Very Loud

I also just bought a new Xbox one s today and it makes loud clicking noises, not sure if that's normal

aaaa Mike aaaa, Oct 17, 2017
  3. gfuoco77
    gfuoco77 Guest
    Xbox one s fan noise

Just bought Xbox one s 1 tb From the moment I fired it up the fan makes loud ticking noise nonstop. Is this normal?

gfuoco77, Oct 17, 2017
  4. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

Unwanted noise is most likely to come from either the fan, the hard drive, the optical drive, or from coil whine.

Can you post a video of what you're experiencing? If not, can you describe it in a bit more depth? What does it sound like exactly - Clicking? Buzzing? Something else? Also, if you put your ear up to the console, can you tell approximately where it's coming
    from?

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 17, 2017
  5. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest
    If it sounds like a loud "WHOOSH"ing sound for 10-30 seconds or so, it's your internal fan kicking into overdrive to push as much warm air away from the console internals as its starting to overheat. Mine did that once a while back when I didn't realize
    my son had placed a game case over the top vents of the console.

If it's a ticking/clicking sound, that could be an issue with your hard drive or something simple like a piece of debris fell into the fan and is kicking around.

Grinding noises are never good. If it sounds like something is stuck and trying to get itself unstuck, power the console down immediately and prep that baby for repair.

Here is a link to get your console on the road to a repair via Microsoft if it turns out you need it.
    Otherwise, compressed air is your friend here. Grab a can of keyboard duster, unplug the console from all power and let it sit for at least an hour so
    it cools down. Then, blow out the top/side vents and even the power supply to free the dust and dirt or other things that might be jammed up in there.
    DO NOT SPRAY DUSTER INTO A CONSOLE THAT IS STILL PLUGGED IN OR ONE THAT MAY STILL BE WARM!! The compressed air is nitrogen, which is very cold. When really cold meets warm electronics, bad things can happen so the cooler your console is the better
    off you'll be. Once you're done, let it sit again for a little bit to warm up slowly. Once it doesn't feel cool anymore, plug it back in a give it a go!

Good luck!

MattyMidway, Nov 1, 2018
  6. MattyMidway Win User

If it sounds like a loud "WHOOSH"ing sound for 10-30 seconds or so, it's your internal fan kicking into overdrive to push as much warm air away from the console internals as its starting to overheat. Mine did that once a while back when I didn't realize
    my son had placed a game case over the top vents of the console.

If it's a ticking/clicking sound, that could be an issue with your hard drive or something simple like a piece of debris fell into the fan and is kicking around.

Grinding noises are never good. If it sounds like something is stuck and trying to get itself unstuck, power the console down immediately and prep that baby for repair.

Here is a link to get your console on the road to a repair via Microsoft if it turns out you need it.
    Otherwise, compressed air is your friend here. Grab a can of keyboard duster, unplug the console from all power and let it sit for at least an hour so
    it cools down. Then, blow out the top/side vents and even the power supply to free the dust and dirt or other things that might be jammed up in there.
    DO NOT SPRAY DUSTER INTO A CONSOLE THAT IS STILL PLUGGED IN OR ONE THAT MAY STILL BE WARM!! The compressed air is nitrogen, which is very cold. When really cold meets warm electronics, bad things can happen so the cooler your console is the better
    off you'll be. Once you're done, let it sit again for a little bit to warm up slowly. Once it doesn't feel cool anymore, plug it back in a give it a go!

Good luck!
  7. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Unwanted noise is most likely to come from either the fan, the hard drive, the optical drive, or from coil whine.

Can you post a video of what you're experiencing? If not, can you describe it in a bit more depth? What does it sound like exactly - Clicking? Buzzing? Something else? Also, if you put your ear up to the console, can you tell approximately where it's coming
    from?
  8. aaaa Mike aaaa Win User

Xbox One S Very Loud

I also just bought a new Xbox one s today and it makes loud clicking noises, not sure if that's normal
  9. Andy McNizy Win User

Xbox one s fan noise

My second Xbox one s and the noise is doing my head in it's a loud fan and buzzing is this just me or is this meant to be making this noise
  10. IcyFrostPro Win User

Xbox makes loud noise on start up

My xbox one s makes a loud loud noise when start up it stops for about 30 sec and then comes back I try to turn it off but when the xbox is off it is louder than when it was on and now i cant use it for now sometimes i turn it on and it doesn’t make the
    noise but if i turn it off then again in 1hour or 2 then it does it again.
Thema:

1. Xbox one s makes a loud nose - Similar Threads - makes loud nose

2. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  3. My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.: When I play games my Xbox is loud. d6630be2-0169-4ae7-9583-5b21f938d13f
  4. Xbox one s making loud buzz sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s making loud buzz sound: So what happend is my xbox one s has been travelled back and forth at my grandmas and my house And it has been just fine but this time when i got home i put all the basic cables on it and after...
  5. Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...: I probably have had the series x for a few months and haven’t tried to insert a game until today and when i try to insert a game it doesnt take the game. Also when i first got the console i...
  6. Why does my Xbox 360 slim make a loud buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 slim make a loud buzzing noise: Why does my xbox 360 slim white make a buzzing noise when i play a game even though its new and i bought it a couple days ago. Is there a way without downloading games?...
  7. Xbox One S- Games will randomly crash and make a loud "brrrrr" noise

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S- Games will randomly crash and make a loud "brrrrr" noise: My console is fully updated and everything is up to date, I'm not sure what could be causing this issue submitted by /u/Wman500 [link] [comments]
  8. Games freeze then make a loud Buzzing g sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games freeze then make a loud Buzzing g sound: All of my games have been freezing during the middle finger a game. The games will freezing then a loud buzzing sound comes out of the speakers and then it will kick me out to the dashboard. It...
  9. xbox one is make a loud hissing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one is make a loud hissing noise: Hey just curious to know if anyone's xbox is make a loud hissing noise while running any games? my xbox has just recently started it or I have just noticed but it's loud enough that I can hear it...
  10. why does my xbox 1 make loud stactic/hiss noise over my hdtv speakers??rite when its turned ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox 1 make loud stactic/hiss noise over my hdtv speakers??rite when its turned ...: it happens rite as its powered off.then this very LOUD static/hissing noise over the speakers comes on blaring!had to turn tv off&i unplugged xbx1 too.heard over my home theatre too.what is going...