Xbox One S loses internet hardwired and wirelessly

Discus and support Xbox One S loses internet hardwired and wirelessly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One S just recently started having problems staying connected to the internet. I normally have my console hardwired, but I have tested it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TigerKeeper13, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Xbox One S loses internet hardwired and wirelessly

My Xbox One S just recently started having problems staying connected to the internet. I normally have my console hardwired, but I have tested it wirelessly and it's doing the same thing. I will be streaming a video through an app or playing online and will
    randomly get disconnected from the internet. Its not specific to a certain application or game, and doesn't happen after a certain amount of time or anything consistent. I know this is not a bandwidth issue - speedtests through the console when its working
    reflect 50M/10M and 0% packet loss. When I get disconnected, it still shows I am connected to the network, but my Xbox loses its IP configuration when working on DHCP (assigning itself a 169.x.x.x IP), and just loses internet access when using a static IP. The
    only thing that fixes it temporarily is rebooting the console. Everything else on my network works fine hardwired and wirelessly - including streaming movies and playing games online through my PC.

I have tried swapping Ethernet cables, ports on my modem/router, assigning a static IP to my Xbox, adding my Xbox to the DMZ in my router, connecting wirelessly instead of hardwired, and the problem still persists. Here is my current set up:

Xbox is using static IP hardwired to my Zyxel VMG4325 modem/router. Xbox is currently set up in the DMZ in the router.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have done everything I can think of to troubleshoot on my own. Any suggestions are appreciated.

:)

TigerKeeper13, Sep 18, 2017
  2. Dragon84
    Dragon84 Guest
    Xbox One WiFi problem

I keep my Xbox One hooked to the Internet wirelessly but lately, the One keeps "losing" the WiFi info. Does anyone know why this is? I know it's not the WiFi because my laptop and desktop never lose their Internet connection.

Dragon84, Sep 18, 2017
  3. bg72885
    bg72885 Guest
    TERRIBLE internet connections

I have a new (year old) xbox 360, and have terrible internet connections. Wirelessly AND hardwired, I cannot stream HD Netflix. Internet on computer is fine, and have 30mb download speeds on speed tests for the internet. Could this be an internal problem?
    Bought a new wireless router (a really good one) thinking that this was the problem and nothing......HELP!!

bg72885, Sep 18, 2017
  4. Xbox One S loses internet hardwired and wirelessly

Update: I tried connecting to my hotspot on my phone to rule out any weird issues with my ISP and it's still disconnecting randomly, but seems to reconnect on its own. Going to contact tech support and see what they suggest.

TigerKeeper13, Oct 14, 2017
  5. TigerKeeper13 Win User

Update: I tried connecting to my hotspot on my phone to rule out any weird issues with my ISP and it's still disconnecting randomly, but seems to reconnect on its own. Going to contact tech support and see what they suggest.
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Ive been Downloading a game for 12hrs and sitll downloading. Whats going on?

Hi Jason,

Is your xbox connected wirelessly or hardwired?
  7. {Parity} Win User

Booted from the BO3 server??

Being hardwired would not necessarily keep you from losing connectivity to the server. Hardwired just means you have a better more reliable connection to the internet. It doesn't improve the connectivity from the net to your internal network.
  8. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Xbox One WiFi

Just one of the many reasons I hardwire the xbox to the internet.
  9. Rob Walton1 Win User

Lose of hardwire connection

Can your router block the Xbox x hardwire?
Thema:

1. Xbox One S loses internet hardwired and wirelessly - Similar Threads - loses internet hardwired

2. Xbox losing wireless signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox losing wireless signal: I have been having an issue when playing a couple of games, those being Dead Island 2 and Fortnite where randomly my console seems to lose all wireless connections for a split second and then...
  3. Why would I lose storage on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why would I lose storage on my Xbox One S?: I have a 1tb Xbox One S. Recently it changed the size of the storage and I am unsure why. I used to have around 900GB for storage after console software took up some. After having an issue with an...
  4. Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something: Usally when i attempt to clip a moment in the game after i press the button to clip. My remotes enters "pairing mode" as it blinks and goes on and off. On the screen it asks me to confirm my...
  5. Xbox suddenly loses internet connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox suddenly loses internet connectivity: Hi My old faithful Xbox360 suddenly lost internet connectivity. No other device in network has any problems. Xbox shows up in router device list with correct MAC and is issued a proper IP...
  6. Xbox Controller and Internet lose connection at the same. Controller has a hard time...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller and Internet lose connection at the same. Controller has a hard time...: This has been something recently happening and I've had this xbox for years. My controller and Internet connection will disconnect simultaneously from the Xbox. I've tried multiple times to...
  7. Xbox controller/lose internet connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller/lose internet connection: Hey, so I have this problem for about 2 months where when my Xbox controller turns off, it turns my headset and internet connection off on my Xbox, happened at least 3-4 times now. I’ll explain,...
  8. My external hard drive causes my Xbox to lose connection to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive causes my Xbox to lose connection to the internet.: I have a original xbox one. Many years ago i had a problem with My Internet. Eventually I got a ethernet cord and plugged it in and I have had no problem since then. Although last Saturday I...
  9. Xbox one controller disconnects when I lose connection to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller disconnects when I lose connection to the internet: Hey, also having the same issue. As of several weeks ago I'm getting simultaneous wifi / controller disconnects on a regular basis. Support was no help at all. f7d832de-b61d-4a02-b557-4a7b0019f800
  10. Xbox one controller disconnects when I lose connection to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller disconnects when I lose connection to the internet: Does anyone else's xb1 controller disconnect when they lose xbox live connection? I just want to know if that is normal. 663dbe8b-461b-4763-a0ab-6da0c8b6e8aa