Xbox One S Headset adaptor stopped working

Discus and support Xbox One S Headset adaptor stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just bought a new Xbox One S and new Xbox wired stereo headset and adaptor. The headset worked fine for about and hour then the mute symbol... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by marco26OQ, Dec 29, 2020.

1. marco26OQ
    marco26OQ Guest

• I have just bought a new Xbox One S and new Xbox wired stereo headset and adaptor. The headset worked fine for about and hour then the mute symbol appeared on the screen.

Now there is no sound coming from the headset if it is connected to the controller through the adaptor. If I connect it directly to the controller the sound is fine.

• If it is connected to the controller via the adaptor there is no sound.

I have updated the firmware on the controllers and they have fresh batteries.

• If I adjust the volume via the adaptor there is an audible warning tone at the top of the volume range. The mute button lights up when it is pressed too.

:)

marco26OQ, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Skwurt Reynolds Win User

Does anyone know if the Xbox one will have any audio adapter of some sort?

3. UndyingCatdog Win User

Turtle Beach X12 headset on XBox One

Yes the stereo headset adaptor wire will work. It also states in the description you need the stereo headset adaptor by Microsoft the one for 17.85 as well. The wire and adaptor are both required to get your headset working. The cable you listed In your
    reply back to me and the 17. 85 xbox stereo headset adaptor are both required. The wire plugs in to the adaptor and the adaptor plugs in the Xbox controller. I have the elite controller with the headphone jack as well and it dosent work right in my testing.
    I know it sucks that you have to spend more money then you wanted too but unfortunately the only other way is to buy a new headset made for Xbox one. So buy the wire you stated in your reply post to me and the stereo headset adaptor for 17. 85 and your headset
    will work. Your x12s will have some issues with xbox one because they are not designed for the xbox one.
  4. KALEEF Win User

Headset Adapter...

Yes the x11's will work with the xbox one with the headset adaptor, all it does is convert the 2.5mm input to the 3.5mm stereo input on the xbox one controller. Just make sure you update the xbox one controller.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  6. ravary212 Win User

head set not being XBOX are no longer working

Third party headsets are not banned, xbox is ok with whathever headphones or headsets you use in your controller, but is only for new xbox one controller like the xbox one s controller, for the older controller you need an adaptor, the keyboard expantion
    works with the 3.5 mm jack
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Headset adaptor stopped working - Similar Threads - Headset adaptor stopped

2. Usb adaptor for Headset and USB Hub work on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Usb adaptor for Headset and USB Hub work on Xbox One?: Will a USB hub work in Xbox One? Will it provide enough energy to my inputs? I need to connect my mouse n keyboard, generic usb controller, and external HDD, and other stuffs too. Since my...
  3. Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor: I have a brand new Xbox Wireless Headset which works perfectly on my Xbox Series X that I have connected to my PC running Windows 11 using an Xbox Wireless Adapter (not Bluetooth). The issue I'm...
  4. Turtle Beach Headset Adaptor not working with Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Headset Adaptor not working with Series X: Ive owned my Series X since December 2020 and so far all has been fine and working great. But suddenly today i accidentally spilt some milk on my controller and my adapter and now ive tried using...
  5. Headset Adaptor + Dolby Atmos for Headsets = No mic monitoring

in XboX Insiders
    Headset Adaptor + Dolby Atmos for Headsets = No mic monitoring: I’ve recently purchased Dolby Atmos for Headsets and have found that I don’t have the ability to adjust the mic monitoring levels whilst the headset is plugged into the headset adaptor. If you...
  6. Either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few...

in XboX Insiders
    Either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few...: This just started happening last night but either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few seconds then cut back in. I have an OG Xbox One and OG model of...
  7. My xbox headset adaptor wont connect to the controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox headset adaptor wont connect to the controller.: It was working fine up until a few minutes ago, then I took the batteries out and placed new ones. When I turned on the controller again, the headset didn't connect so I tried clicking on the mute...
  8. PC - Stereo Headset Adaptor Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    PC - Stereo Headset Adaptor Issue: I have an Stereo Headset adaptor plugged into my Elite 2 Controller. The Xbox Party Chat and Game audio all works fine. However for some reason the 'player' vs 'game' audio volume function on the...
  9. New headset with adaptor mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    New headset with adaptor mic not working: Hi. My son has a new headset with mic. It's all connected, with the headset showing on top right of screen. He can hear his friends but nobody can hear him. I've gone through reset still nothing....
  10. Stereo headset adaptor doesn´t work after one use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adaptor doesn´t work after one use: Hi, I have the stereo headset from Microsoft, and it comes with an adapter so I can hear both audio game and chat, I used it the day before yesterday and it worked fine, but yesterday I had no...