Xbox One S Hard Drive Noises (Clicking)

Discus and support Xbox One S Hard Drive Noises (Clicking) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I got my Xbox One S this holiday & the hard drive is making a clicking noise it's not loud from 5+ feet away just concerned. Also the mix is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Airmanareiks, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Airmanareiks
    Airmanareiks Guest

Hello.

I got my Xbox One S this holiday & the hard drive is making a clicking noise it's not loud from 5+ feet away just concerned. Also the mix is right near the right of the console near a intake to hear it better.

Tell me what you all think. It's been performing fine & is far more quiet then my ps4 pro.

Here's a Google Drive link hopefully you can listen to it. The format is WAV.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11pNFfSPCRz_N4L9qGzckpB_beaV7RvKg

Regards

:)

Airmanareiks, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Lowlife Madness Win User

Why did my Xbox One S beep and click

it was coming from the hard drive. i did an internet seach and the clicking noise was similar to the "hard drive click of death". A failing hard drive.

My cousin's xbox one S made the same clicking noise with no beep, the clicking in his xbox was coming from the fan
  3. Airmanareiks Win User

I would've just used my Xbox profile to post but the page got hung up. Same account lol.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Air,

Thanks for the replies. You can go to
    device support
    also register the console and see if there is still a warranty on the console. You can also set up a repair here also.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Airmanareiks Win User

It's here and there & reminds me of the old pc hard rives that always had noise. Private message me I'll share the file with you... I'm not good at explaining things.

I'm [mod removed personal information] on Discord if you're interested.
  6. PlayGurlBunni94 Win User

It sounds like you might need to get ahold of who ever you bought from and see about warrentand get a new 1
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Hard Drive Noises (Clicking) - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Noises

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  4. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  5. My seagate hard drive for my Xbox not lighting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My seagate hard drive for my Xbox not lighting up: My hard drive isn't lighting up, it was fine the other day and it stopped working how can I fix this issue ? My hard drive is only 2 years old it's in good condition I don't why it stopped working...
  6. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd: I have an Xbox One X which has a hard drive that has failed. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an ssd as I tried going to repair shops and they are charging more than $200....
  7. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  8. Hard drive slows down Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive slows down Xbox: When hard drive is plugged in the Xbox runs slow and no games will load. I’ve formatted the drive and changed the wire. still no change . What can I do? c033bd53-b75a-4a3c-b7cc-510dabaa3f47
  9. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  10. Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 star wars edition hard drive: Heyy I have xbox 360 star wars edition, and the hard drive is not working anymore.. The hard drive is 320GB, xbox 360 s model 1451 with barcode X858528-001: [img] Can i use any hard drive...