Xbox One S freezes and kicks to home screen.

Discus and support Xbox One S freezes and kicks to home screen. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently my one S has had trouble playing games online and now even offline. The game will usually freeze with a loud buzzing sound and either kick me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wmdoyle93, Feb 24, 2021.

1. wmdoyle93
    wmdoyle93 Guest

Recently my one S has had trouble playing games online and now even offline. The game will usually freeze with a loud buzzing sound and either kick me to the xbox home screen or will turn the console off. Occasionally it will not freeze and just kick me out. I have tried:

-hardwiring to my internet

-clearing the cache

-hard reset

-moved all my games and apps to an external drive with no change

-cleared the persistent storage

I also do not hear the fan running and the console feels hot sometimes but I never get any warning or error messages. It crashes like this on or offline and with multiple games. Sometimes I can play for several matches without an issue and other times it kicks me every match. Has anyone else found a good fix for this?

:)

wmdoyle93, Feb 24, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @wmdoyle93, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. The crashing or freezing of a certain game/apps is generally related to the network which is why I will provide you with the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you. Before going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and perform a quick power cycle:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed, here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the previous link weren't helpful, I have another link for you that could help you take care of the situation! Here is another and a more narrow link related specifically to game crash, and game freeze related issues:

The link: Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. xboxfeedbag Win User

Store Issues-freezes and goes to homepage

Having the same issue on Minecraft. Any time I click on a texture/skin/mash-up pack the game makes a humming sound and then freezes and kicks you out of the game to the Xbox One home screen.
  4. KAM7KAZ7 Win User

All Xbox One games freeze and kick me to home screen

I just plugged my xbox one into a power strip with no surge protection. But it still freezes and kicks me back to the home screen when I try to play Watch dogs (disc).

Only my xbox one was plugged into the power strip.
  5. RoomyBlock Win User

tired starting a new world and it keep freezing, then rebooting

I am also having a problem. I am unable to create a new world. It freezes and then it kicks me to the home screen.
  6. citrusDRO 420 Win User

fortnite

no didn't work still freezing up on loading screen deleted and installed again rebooted still kicks to home screen but can load right in on same account on switch
Thema:

1. Xbox One S freezes and kicks to home screen. - Similar Threads - freezes kicks home

2. Console keeps freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console keeps freezing: My son received an Xbox Series X for Christmas from his dad. Everything was going fine until a few weeks ago when his games started freezing. It is now all games, and the console will just freeze...
  3. How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?: When I turn on my Xbox 1, either it takes an hour to load my games and apps to be visible on screen and if I click anything it sends me to a blank screen and freezes, or it just stays blank. When...
  4. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  5. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  6. freeze games in xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    freeze games in xbox series s: Hello i play with xbox series s from one month ago games freeze for 3 second some times in all games (even single player games ) this don't happen in dashboard I did everything, even factory...
  7. Fortnite freezes and kicks me out of the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite freezes and kicks me out of the game: Split from this thread. Hey there I have the same issue with Fortnite, it dose the exact same freezes kicks me out and takes me to my home page, also shutting off my Xbox at times, I have a...
  8. Why does my xbox1 freeze and kick me out of games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox1 freeze and kick me out of games: No man’s sky kicks me back main Xbox screen f6f88005-dd27-4c94-81f8-07cbf0264584
  9. Why does my Apex legends game keep freezing and kicking me out of game on my xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Apex legends game keep freezing and kicking me out of game on my xbox?: My Apex game keeps freezing and kicking me out and this happens only on apex not on other games 5e2846b7-1130-4b78-9ac6-51187a4f5ff7
  10. My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...: (I asked this question before but I didn't really explain the full thing and it ended up being a waste of time.) Here's the situation: I just got my Xbox Series X two days ago and anytime I play...