Xbox One S extremely long startup and games won't open

Discus and support Xbox One S extremely long startup and games won't open in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox One S that was working fine until about 2 days ago. The night before I started having problems I noticed a blinking light flashing in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jacob Lilly, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Jacob Lilly
    Jacob Lilly Guest

I have a Xbox One S that was working fine until about 2 days ago. The night before I started having problems I noticed a blinking light flashing in sets of 2 while the Xbox was in sleep mode. I didn't know what it was at the time so I turned it on and it functioned like normal. The next night it was doing the same thing but I needed to move it from my room to my desk so I unplugged while it was still blinking in sets of 2. After plugging it in at my desk, my monitor wasn't getting any input from it, even though it had ample time to start up and I thought it might be the cord. I switched that and it didn't help but after a while it started and it was extremely slow to navigate the home screen. Trying to go to a place on the menu that I hadn't been since startup would take at least 60 seconds to wait for it to load before I could navigate it. Eventually when everything was loaded, it was still extremely slow to navigate but I could navigate the menu regardless. I tried opening Overwatch 2 a few times and every time it said the game took too long to open and would give me Error 0x8027025a. I tried opening another game but it gave me the same error. Later I tried starting it again but just like before, it took extremely long to start. I didn't get it to start that time. I think it might be something with the hard drive? I was thinking of swapping in an SSD if that's the case.

:)

Jacob Lilly, Nov 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jacob

Could be an issue with the hard drive if the console is acting very slow no matter what you try to do.

Before considering that I think that worth performing a factory reset or an offline update ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne... )

If you want to try the offline update and you’re using an insider build you need to leave the program first
    If not, it’s not going to work
  3. Janae Cropley Win User

Why does Xbox still have the same issues with dashboard crashing

Xbox one s, it's fully updated but sometimes it won't even enter the help page, it just says it's taking to long to open.
  4. Crimsionspy Win User

Xbox One X performance issue on Minecraft

My friend has the same issue. He has a Xbox One S but he has the same issue with minecraft. Long startup times but runs any other game smoothly.
  5. 01e77fef-8349-4715-8 Win User

How do i make my Xbox one S open directly into the "who's playing today" screen whitout the startup whit the green background and Xbox logo?

Not really the instant sign in feature. My Xbox one s does the startup screen everytime I open it. I'm wondering if it's a setting or a problem because it never did that in the past.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Xbox 360 issues

Dashboard; Sounds like a Power Supply Issue.. (ie. Extremely Slow Startup & explain why, the disc Eject button won't work properly..)

Optical Drive; Just open, then close the tray & make sure the chrome Facia piece on tray, is not broken or loose..

Dashboard, should recognise game & not think it's a DVD etc..

How often, are you online too..?? Do you have the latest dashboard update..??
Thema:

1. Xbox One S extremely long startup and games won't open - Similar Threads - extremely long startup

2. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  3. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  4. extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service

in XBoX on Windows
    extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service: the only thing i have on my pc that is currently open is google, yet gamedvr and broadcast user service has around 3 gb of memory being used up for no reason. ive disabled "remember this is a...
  5. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  6. Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad: I've tried playing with my friends on other devices and we use discord to call, recently ive been trying to vc on discord with them but they keep telling me the mic quality is much worse. I don't...
  7. Friend's voice is extremely low most of the time. We have tried everything possible...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend's voice is extremely low most of the time. We have tried everything possible...: My friend and I use Xbox One X, and we both use wired jack 3.5mm headsets plugged into the controller. We use the xbox party chat to talk. My friend is extremely quiet for a few minutes after...
  8. bedrock minecraft extremely laggy.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bedrock minecraft extremely laggy.: my bedrock minecraft is intensely laggy regardless of what i do. i have a radeon 5500 graphics card (i think..?) im not good with computers so i have absolutely no idea what to do. i tried capping...
  9. Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..: Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox. It’s like I’m trying to communicate with a brick wall when I try too. Not only that but I’ve reported this...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock edition, extremely low frame rates and overall bad performance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock edition, extremely low frame rates and overall bad performance: Ive been playing minecraft bedrock for a while and have never had any problems with it, recently though it has been impossible to play. Frame rates at a constant 10-20 even on the lowest settings....