Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector

Discus and support Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi , I recently purchased an Xbox series S and a 4K ultra-short-throw projector (Fengmi 4K ust projector) which supports 4K and HDR10. But with Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Panossalesiotis, May 22, 2021.

1. Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector

Hi , I recently purchased an Xbox series S and a 4K ultra-short-throw projector (Fengmi 4K ust projector) which supports 4K and HDR10.
    But with Xbox Series S it does not recognise 4K. It gives a message saying your TV is not 4K compatible. I have tried all the settings, changed the cables . But i still get this message saying the TV is not 4K compatible . I’ve seen people here with the same issue on X box One consoles. Does anyone have an answer and/ or a solution to this issue?

:)

Panossalesiotis, May 22, 2021
  2. KayKay Lavan Win User

No, I don't have to. The projector automatically recognises 4K. There is no option to activate. I didn't have to for other devices like Apple TV 4K and Firestick 4K. They were automatically recognised with 4K HDR.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

To verify, this is going directly to the device and not through a receiver or any other device like a splitter or switcher?
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

But their problem is that it's not recognizing that the display is 4k capable, not that it's not playing games in 4k. In the Display Settings it has the options for checking if your TV is 4k compatible, and that is showing the display is not capable when
    it is. Debating what can and cannot play in 4k via the One S is not the issue.

@KayKay Lavan thanks for posting the make and model. I'll search and see if there is anything I can find for that, or dig up some other troubleshooting steps.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

I don't think so, Robin. I had an LG OLED 4K TV. And the Xbox One S was connected to to the LG TV and I used to play 4K games. Even if that's the case to play only 4K Blu Rays, it's still not supporting.
    The Xbox One S plays games at 1080p but if played on a 4K screen, it upscales it to 4K,

The One X is needed for true native 4K,

I upgraded my Xbox One to the One S at launch to get full use out the 4K media content,

Then i upgraded my One S to the One X at launch to play games and media at true 4K,

seeing that you've already tried what i would have suggested, I'm not sure of what else you can try.
  6. KayKay Lavan Win User

I have tried the cable supplied with Xbox and other expensive HDMI 2.0a cables. No, I am not using a switch. It is directly connected to the Projector's HDMI port. The projector has 3 HDMI 2.0a ports. I have tried all the 3 ports.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector - Similar Threads - doesn't recognise compatibility

2. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  3. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  4. My left trigger doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger doesn't work: I just replaced my shell for my elite series 2 controller since the original broke and ever since I put the new one on the left trigger won't activate at all when it's on the lowest click thing. I...
  5. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  6. Microsoft Call Back Doesn't Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Call Back Doesn't Work: I'm having issue with my controller after it was serviced while still in warranty. Been trying to contact support for days but still no call back, can't even chat with a human. I'm in the US with...
  7. Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go...: Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go any further 8ae293ef-5999-4495-9889-30302d7eb6a3
  8. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  9. My billing address doesn't recognise my state what do I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My billing address doesn't recognise my state what do I do: I went to purchase a game and the billing address doesn't have my country which is Ireland and doesn't know my zip or eircode 5359761a-5f5e-46b9-84ba-504eb51043ed
  10. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't recognise phantom liberty download and won't start up??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't recognise phantom liberty download and won't start up??: I have played cyberpunk2077 since it was released and put up with poor performance and glitches and all sorts of bugs. Whilst these annoyed me, I still played the game and enjoyed it. Since...