Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

Discus and support Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S. Svensøn, May 21, 2023.

1. S. Svensøn
    S. Svensøn Guest

Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio settings, there is no graphical surround setup available, even though I have tried all settings (as far as I know). When playing movies through Amazon Prime, Microsoft, or Netflix, the 5.1 surround sound is automatically outputted via the optical cable. Why doesn't the Xbox provide a graphical audio setup for a 5.1 optical cable connection that can be adjusted and also works with DVDs? Technically, this should not be a problem. The optical cable is being utilized, and surround sound works perfectly when streaming movies. Do I need to buy a new amplifier, or is there a way to play 5.1-capable DVDs with surround sound while the Xbox also provides the corresponding graphical setup? Keyword: backward compatibility.

:)

S. Svensøn, May 21, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup

Hello S. Svensøn,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand that you encountered issues matching Xbox One S to a 5.1 optical connector with DVD's and it also disables graphical audio set ups. As per description, this occurs during playback wherein, the stereo signal is outputted without the presence of the graphical surround set up.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Was this the first time that you encountered such issue?
    2. Was this working before?
    3. If yes, any activity or changes made prior the problem appear?
    4. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    5. have you updated your device, system drivers and apps?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

For the meantime, try to check this article and see if this can help. Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup

Hi S. Svensøn,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. jamie mckechnie Win User

kinda bothering

Wait? no optical 5.1? what?...So how does one get 5.1 with the xbox one.
  5. phillip eugene jones Win User

High Definition resolution...!?

make xbox 3d 4k upscaling reciver with s/pdif optical input with wireless 5.1 speakers for 3d dvd moveis and games and make usb 2.0 3d blueray disc drive for movie and games
  6. jmcode Win User

HDMI Audio & Optical Audio

Gunjee, you must connect your soundbar to an optical (or red/white analog) audio OUTPUT on your TV, NOT an input as you described.

OrphenCB, you can't select the 5.1/7.1 uncompressed audio options because your setup doesn't support it. Optical out only supports 2-channel uncompressed PCM or compressed DD 5.1 (which Xbox One currently does not support). You also can't send uncompressed
    5.1/7.1 PCM to your TV via HDMI because your TV doesn't support that, which the Xbox knows via the HDMI handshake and, thus, disables. Try setting the Xbox to send DTS over its optical out to the receiver if your receiver supports DTS. Otherwise, you'll have
    to wait until the Xbox can output DD or get a better/newer receiver... BTW, if/when the Xbox supports DD output over optical, run that directly to your receiver--not via HDMI to your TV then optical out to your receiver. Most TVs will NOT send DD 5.1 from
    an HDMI source out via the TV's optical out.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical... - Similar Threads - does recognize optical

2. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  3. Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.: My Series X 9/10 times, will not display any local area wifi networks, in the 1/10 times it does, and I enter the password for our wifi, it says it cannot connect to the internet. I'm unsure of...
  4. Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox one controller not get recognized on pc.: Ive tried updating drivers, Ive removed hidden devices, and ive also gotten new controllers and there not the problem. I need help. 823f3aba-24fa-4217-9f7a-05dcdff72375
  5. I have an Xbox 0ne and Forza Motorsport does not recognize my Logitech G920 wheel. The...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox 0ne and Forza Motorsport does not recognize my Logitech G920 wheel. The...: I have an Xbox 0ne and Forza Motorsport does not recognize my Logitech G920 wheel. The wheel is 2 years old and all the other Forza games work fine with the wheel. Can anyone help me with this?...
  6. From the Microsoft store for my Xbox one S. The store does not recognize my console as a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    From the Microsoft store for my Xbox one S. The store does not recognize my console as a...: When I try to buy Street Fighter or any S/X game the Microsoft store says it not playable on my Xbox one S. Any solutions? 3e5effbe-0a00-4fbf-b5b1-3f9f41142384
  7. my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...: i was already able to install the game. but inserting the xbox 360 halo 4 PLAY disc to the xbox series x, I always get a message that it does not recognize it. The disc only has very minor...
  8. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable....
  9. Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller does not recognize the original adapter: Hi all. I have 2 Xbox Series gamepads disconnected from the original macrosof adapter (which comes with the gamepad). To check, I connected it to another laptop, it works fine (it means that the...
  10. My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...: Hello. I've been trying to find info about this. There is only one old question with no answers and the thread is archived. I tried everything (I removed the Samsung Lock Software, I formatted it...