Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading

Discus and support Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Firstly, hello people I'm back again and this time with some good news that I know some of you will desperately be needing since the last youtube video... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Malcolm McCorquodale, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading

Firstly, hello people I'm back again and this time with some good news that I know some of you will desperately be needing since the last youtube video I posted got a tonne of hits on this particular problem.

Sometimes, your Xbox One S fails to load DVD's right?

Sometimes, it will display an HDCP or similar error right?

I have found a method that works to resolve this.

So, I seen a few users posting video's about holding the disk for two seconds and letting the motor on the disk tray speed up. I cannot be any clearer

DO NOT DO THIS

It puts unnecessary strain on the motor and the mechanical parts that actually operate the slider are made from plastic and can snap.

To fix this issue, also, don't be elevating your Xbox backwards or forwards, the center of gravity between the disk, the disk tray and the actual laser is primarily designed to be operated with the console flat on its bottom. Elevating this, as my experiments
    have shown is actually one of the causes of this error. Now maybe users have been cleaning and dusting? Moving it around or whatever the case may be, the problem isn't actually with the One S that so many people including myself have been convinced for so
    long was the case.

The problem is when you move your console, if theirs a disc inside of it, the next time you load up your console it may be tricked into thinking it isnt a DVD your trying to play, but something thicker, thicker than a DVD.

Now to fix this, you need to firstly go to;

} Settings

} Disc & Blu-ray

} Disc

You want to DISABLE both [Resume Playback] and [Play Disc Automatically]

Now come out and select

} Settings

} Disc & Blu-ray

} Blu-ray

} Persistent Storage

Make sure Persistent Storage clears, make sure that [Let my receiver decode audio] is NOT selected or for some reason when you load the DVD's next time there is no sound at all which trips the sound for Games too for some reason I have yet to discover.

Now take out your DVD.

Do a full shutdown, cable out, hold the power button in afterwards for at least 60 seconds and take the HMDI cable out and your ethernet cable should one be connected.

Now after 5 to 10 minutes, firstly connect ONLY the power cable and leave that for 30 seconds, then the HDMI cable

Start up your console, connect your Ethernet should you have one and head back to

} Settings

} Disc & Blu-ray

} Blu-ray

Now select the feature [Enable BD Live to improve Blu-ray playback], make sure thats on. This stops all those weird Blu-rays from not working like before.

Again one final time, full restart on your console, power cable out, everything out.

Connect it all up after 30 seconds and yay!

Regards, feedback from this either positive or especially negative is much appreciated as this problem i have been working on for a while.

:)

Malcolm McCorquodale, Jul 8, 2019
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading

Not sure about this, but you're defo correct about not moving console while disc is in, as it can damage and scratch both the discs and the laser, and if laser is scratched you'll never get it to read any disc
  3. AridLizard Win User

thanks for this tip.

it isn't a problem I've run into, but if I do I now know what to do.

once again thank you
  4. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

I have not ran into this problem yet.... But if I do i will for sure try this!! Makes sense to me!! Makes way more sense than some of the other things people have tried...
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox cdrom or whatever people call it

Its a dvd
    Nope, not quite right.

Original Xbox - DVD

Xbox 360 - DVD (or more specifically, DVD-9).

Xbox One - Blu-ray

Xbox One S and X - UHD Blu-ray drive, but games still on standard Blu-ray.

Scarlet will have a UHD BD drive so that can still play all formats of movie discs. Likely that games will be on 100GB discs.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Report: Xbox 360 emulation planned for Xbox One, claims Microsoft executive

[quote user="Hellfire IRL"]HD discs won't play in the Xbox One blu-ray drive, obiviusly as described an emulator sorts that out.[/quote]This is jibberish.

Xbox 360 titles are on standard DVD discs. They have never been available on HD DVD. The discs themselves are readable just fine by the Xbox One's optical drive.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Disc Drive Problems: I have found a method that works for standard DVD's not loading - Similar Threads - Disc Drive Problems

2. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive: need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba
  3. Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...: Hi everyone, I have an Xbox 360 Slim console that I had just replaced the disc drive in (the tray broke in the last one). The problem I am having with it is that when I insert a game disc, the...
  4. Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?: Hi! XBOX Series X Disc Drive make this sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? Im little worried because this is my first console with disc drive. You can hear some...
  5. Disc Drive Issue - Hardware or Software Problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Issue - Hardware or Software Problem?: We've been having an issue for a handful of months now where our Xbox doesn't recognize discs - no error, no noise or anything to indicate the drive is being activated. If I put a game in and it...
  6. Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem: Hello, My original Xbox's Phillips drive stopped spinning discs recently, causing the system to not recognize game discs entirely. Where could I get another original Xbox Phillips Drive? Are...
  7. Problem with disc drive reading Xbox One discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with disc drive reading Xbox One discs: Hello! I recently ran into a problem where my Xbox would not read my Xbox One game discs. It has no issue reading backwards compatible Xbox 360 game discs so this seems kind of strange to me. I...
  8. Disc drive problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc drive problem?: My One S did something weird today, I ejected my disc from my xbox and put another game in the disc slot, but my Xbox didn't suck the disc in. My xbox was acting really weird, like there was...
  9. Xbox one S Disc Drive problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S Disc Drive problem?: Hello so I have had my Xbox one S for about 9 months now and in all that time its been fine, but the disc drive has one moment every so often were it rarely doesnt read a disc after I insert it...
  10. Xbox Disc Drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Disc Drive Problem: I don't know if this is the right place to post this so if it's not, please let me know where to go. Our Xbox One is having some disc problems with it. When we turn it on it makes a rrrrrrrr...