Xbox one S Disc Drive problem?

Discus and support Xbox one S Disc Drive problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello so I have had my Xbox one S for about 9 months now and in all that time its been fine, but the disc drive has one moment every so often were it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheJumboGiraffe, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Xbox one S Disc Drive problem?

Hello

so I have had my Xbox one S for about 9 months now and in all that time its been fine, but the disc drive has one moment every so often were it rarely doesnt read a disc after I insert it into the disc drive. It won’t make a disc grinding sound or anything
    bad like that, my xbox would just be silent after the disc is inserted. Today it happened again but after waiting 30 seconds or so and after cancelling a game instalation from a disc that I had taken out mid-installation before, the xbox started reading the
    disc and the game started up. Is it normal for an xbox to very ocassionaly do this? Or is my disc drive faulty?

:)

TheJumboGiraffe, Oct 6, 2018
  2. How to play games loaded on xbox one S hard Drive from a disc?

How to play games loaded on xbox one S hard Drive from a disc?

jWonkyQuill65, Oct 6, 2018
  3. diamondback8
    diamondback8 Guest
    Xbox One disc drive still necessary thanks to ‘bandwidth and game size’

You've probably heard that the disc drive for the Xbox One was considered non-existent one time for the design by Microsoft, making it a digital-only device. But thanks to this article I saw, it's still there.

Microsoft's Xbox One's disc drive still necessary

What do you think?

diamondback8, Oct 6, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Giraffe!

Thanks for bringing this issue to us! Check out our
    Disc Drive troubleshooter
    page on our website and let us know how it goes and if we can further assist in this or any matter!!

XBF Nestor S, Oct 6, 2018
  5. Thanks, I did look through the solutions but I couldn’t find my problem and im not even fully sure If my xbox has a real problem. I was hoping to get some anwers via an expert in this topic, or anyone.

TheJumboGiraffe, Oct 6, 2018
  6. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey JumboGiraffe,

I'd be happy to provide some input.

To answer your question, it's not normal for an Xbox to occasionally not read a disc. The software or operating system may have gotten glitched due to the disc being ejected midway through the installation. It seems once you canceled the download, the Xbox
    read the disc. That process may have corrupted the installation and therefore was affecting the software.

Usually when a disc is being read for the download, you must either pause or cancel the download before you take out the disc.

Anytime unusual things like this happen, we recommend to fully reboot the console by holding the power button on the Xbox for about 10 seconds until it automatically shuts off. Then power
    cycle
    the Xbox by unplugging the power cord from the Xbox and the wall outlet for 1-2 minutes.

If the Xbox is not able to read multiple discs and happens frequently not occasionally, then the disc drive may be going bad. However, I think the issue was related to a corrupt installation and there are other troubleshooting options you could try before
    pinpointing the issue with the disc drive itself.

I hope that information helps!

Diego,

Xbox Forums Support

XBF Diego M, Oct 6, 2018
  7. Hi

thanks for the information it has proved useful. However with the disc installation did not begin as it said that I needed to clear some space off my xbox, so the I took that disc out and put another in which lead to the xbox not reading the game straight
    away. I have tested the disc drive 20 times in a row and not once did it slip up. Like I said its very rare for it to happen usually and I don’t know if I should send it for a repair or not.

TheJumboGiraffe, Oct 7, 2018
  8. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest

Hello Jumbo,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Should the issue continue I do recommend a
    Soft reset: keep games and apps
    . This will help you reset the console information to a default for some settings and resynch the information.

Please make sure you know your email and password information.

Let me know if that helps.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Oct 7, 2018
  9. I will definitely keep that in mind if it happens again. Based on it happening very rarely and no disc drive grinding sounds, would it be reccommded to keep the console or just send it for a repair?

Thanks

TheJumboGiraffe, Oct 8, 2018
  10. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey there,

Apologies for the late response.

I would suggest to keep the console until it it begins to do it very frequently or if you start hearing grinding sounds. If it is affecting your daily gameplay, then it might be time for a repair.

I would also suggest to check out the
    Devices
    section of Microsoft suppport to register your console and see what service options are avaialble and what the warranty status is of your console.

I hope that helps!

XBF Diego M, Nov 3, 2018
  11. KingOfWombat Win User

Xbox next generation console no disk drive

That is correct! The next generation of Xbox One S wont feature a disc drive. While other Xbox One S with disc drives will be available.
  12. SwordofWhedon Win User

Out of video memory, trying to allocate a texture... : error

Is this a Xbox Series S or an Xbox One S? If it has a disc drive it’s a One S
  13. bowski477 Win User

Disc games to digital ASAP

You would only need to do this if you purchase the All digital Xbox One S that has no disc drive. If you purchase an Xbox One S or X with a disc drive they can still be used there. But there is no way to convert disc games to digital versions.
  14. SwordofWhedon Win User

why won't my Hogwarts legacy work on my x box

If you are able to put a disc in, you have an Xbox One S, not a series S. A Series S has no disc drive. The game is not compatible.
  15. MEGideon Win User

Grinding noise

I have the Xbox One S with the disc drive
Thema:

1. Xbox one S Disc Drive problem? - Similar Threads - Disc Drive problem

2. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive: need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba
  3. Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S disc drive problem - menu says "Play Game" or "Play DVD" when disc is inserted...: Hi everyone, I have an Xbox 360 Slim console that I had just replaced the disc drive in (the tray broke in the last one). The problem I am having with it is that when I insert a game disc, the...
  4. Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?: Hi! XBOX Series X Disc Drive make this sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? Im little worried because this is my first console with disc drive. You can hear some...
  5. Disc Drive Issue - Hardware or Software Problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Issue - Hardware or Software Problem?: We've been having an issue for a handful of months now where our Xbox doesn't recognize discs - no error, no noise or anything to indicate the drive is being activated. If I put a game in and it...
  6. Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Disc Drive Problem: Hello, My original Xbox's Phillips drive stopped spinning discs recently, causing the system to not recognize game discs entirely. Where could I get another original Xbox Phillips Drive? Are...
  7. Problem with disc drive reading Xbox One discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with disc drive reading Xbox One discs: Hello! I recently ran into a problem where my Xbox would not read my Xbox One game discs. It has no issue reading backwards compatible Xbox 360 game discs so this seems kind of strange to me. I...
  8. Disc drive problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc drive problem?: My One S did something weird today, I ejected my disc from my xbox and put another game in the disc slot, but my Xbox didn't suck the disc in. My xbox was acting really weird, like there was...
  9. Xbox Disc Drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Disc Drive Problem: I don't know if this is the right place to post this so if it's not, please let me know where to go. Our Xbox One is having some disc problems with it. When we turn it on it makes a rrrrrrrr...
  10. DISC drive Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    DISC drive Problem: Hey guys I just want to tell you what I did l. Well I sent back my Xbox because my Xbox didn't want to eject discs. But after I used the paperclip a second time to get my disc out again, the drive...