Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down

Discus and support Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, so recently the past week my Xbox has shut down unexpectedly twice, while I was playing Fallout 76 (both times when fast traveling) the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Benjamin II 17, Dec 13, 2019.

  1. Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down


    Hello, so recently the past week my Xbox has shut down unexpectedly twice, while I was playing Fallout 76 (both times when fast traveling) the console is well ventilated and wasn't even that warm once it shut down, I put my hand round the back of the console
    and it was hardly warm. Once the console booted back up I had no message that the console had overheated, so I don't think the issue was due to overheating.

    However, I did update my console last week and had a new dashboard appearance change, could that update be related to the console shutting down? It only seems to happen while playing Fallout 76 and is extremely inconsistent to when it'll shut down.

    I'm not sure what could be causing this issue, the Xbox is only a few months old, could this issue be related to the game?

    Note: the game is on an external hard drive.

    :)
     
    Benjamin II 17, Dec 13, 2019
    #1
  2. NaZoooom Win User

    Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down

    Hi Blueamcat,

    I'm not opt into the insiders program, will I still be able report the bug even though I'm not apart of insiders?
    Anyone can join the Xbox Insiders Reddit and it is a great place to voice ideas.

    I believe if you are part of the Xbox Insider program (there is an app in the store) you will get a report an issue button when you hold down the controller Xbox button (like you would to power off). I am not sure if that option is available to all users.
  3. NaZoooom Win User

    Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down

    Hi Benjamin II 17,

    It has happened to me a couple times over the last couple of years and It happened either last week or this week. I usually just report via report a problem but deffo report via the link blueamcat has given as this feedback helps the devs. I was playing
    either Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Afterparty when it happened to me.

    I would always say keep an eye on the system just in case as I am assuming you will still be in your warranty period, but it is nothing to be worried about. If it keeps happening then there is an issue. Also, not hating on Fallout 76, but it could be a game
    bug too :)

    Hope this helps :)
  4. Benjamin II 17 Win User

    Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down

    Hi Blueamcat,

    I'm not opt into the insiders program, will I still be able report the bug even though I'm not apart of insiders?
  5. blueamcat Win User

    Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down

  6. B3sonic33 Win User

    Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down

    Hey there Benjamin. Sorry thst your having this issue.

    from a troubleshooting standpoint

    what external hard drive are you using?

    How long is the USB cable?

    Do u have a known good shorter cable u could possibly try?

    make sure the cables connection isnt loose at either connection a loose end or connection could cause a
    short that could cause the xbox to shut down

    if all else fails

    Try and move fallout 76 to the consoles hard drive and see if the problem continues.

    hope this helps,

Thema:

Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down

Loading...
  1. Xbox One S Digital Randomly Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Digital Randomly Shutting

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....