Xbox One (S) controller no longer recognized in most games, wether in Bluetooth, USB or...

Discus and support Xbox One (S) controller no longer recognized in most games, wether in Bluetooth, USB or... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Since a few months, on Win10, none of my Xbox One S controllers are recognized in most games. The controller is perfectly working in Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ValentinMARQUES, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Xbox One (S) controller no longer recognized in most games, wether in Bluetooth, USB or...

Hi,

Since a few months, on Win10, none of my Xbox One S controllers are recognized in most games. The controller is perfectly working in Windows 10 UI, I can open and browse the Xbox Game Bar, and it works in all Steam games. But in Microsoft Store / Game Pass games, it doesn't work 75% of the time. The controller appears to be detected (the logo for "press enter" changes to "press A" on the title screen of games when I plug the controller in) but no input is working. I can't start the game of play it. The examples I have where it does this are Exo One and Dragon Quest XI S.

I checked in Xbox Accessories app if an update was required. The Update button apparently disappeared in latest updates, so I have no way to check this (and as Microsoft doesn't even have an official update history for controller updates, I can't even tell if I'm already on the latest version). I'm on 5.11.3118.0.

I already tried uninstalling the driver in device manager. This problem happens for both Wireless Adapter, USB and Bluetooth connections.

This is extremely annoying, I can no longer play to most games.

Any answer, any advice is welcome. Have a great day.

:)

ValentinMARQUES, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Mary Han Win User

Xbox One (S) controller no longer recognized in most games, wether in Bluetooth, USB or Wireless Adapter

Hi, ValentinMARQUES.

We appreciate your time in posting your query here at the Microsoft Community Forum.

We understand that you encountered an issue with your Xbox controller, as it doesn't work with games. Allow us to check this further.

1. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

2. Have you checked the driver for USB, and Bluetooth?

3. Have you recently updated your Windows device?

We'll be glad to provide our recommendations on your next response.

Regards,

Mary.
  3. DiegoNav Win User

Xbox One S Controller Will Not Automatically Reconnect to PC via Bluetooth After Using a Wired Connection

Hello i just bought an xbox one s controller and so far everything works fine but i'm having the same issue as the op, if i connect the pad via usb the bluetooth won't recognize it later...

Is there any news or any fix yet?
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Are xbox one controllers the same as xbox one s controllers?

You can use a regular Xbox One controller on an Xbox One S console, and you can use an Xbox One S controller on a regular Xbox One console.

All controllers connect to the Xbox console the same way, via proprietary RF.

If you are confused because of the addition of Bluetooth in the Xbox One S, just know that Bluetooth is only built into the Xbox One S controller (there is actually no bluetooth functionality in the Xbox One S console itself). The Bluetooth in the controller
    is just a secondary method of wireless connectivity designed solely for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth (without the need of a
    USB adapter). It connects to the Xbox One/One S the same way as the original controllers do.
  5. jasonht87 Win User

Xbox One Elite Compatibility

All xbox one controllers work with all models of the xbox one (xbox one, xbox one s and the future project scorpio) You can also use these on PC with bluetooth if they have bluetooth, or plug in the USB cable to used them wired.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

XBOX无线控制器蓝牙连接 [Translation-XBOX wireless controller Bluetooth connection]

Hi Reniastyc de El Magnifico,

Thank you for the update. I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue entirely here. You can only use one type of connection at a time, this is by design. So either Bluetooth or wired with USB, not both at the same time. As soon as you plug the controller in,
    the PC will recognize the device in the USB format and install the drivers needed to connect again going forward. The controller is no longer connecting via Bluetooth when you plug in the controller, so when you disconnect the cable, the controller will become
    disconnected and the Xbox button will flash because you have turned it into wireless controller, which you will need to re-pair the controller via Bluetooth.

If the controller works while plugged in, and if it works with Bluetooth individually then your controller is fine.
Thema:

Xbox One (S) controller no longer recognized in most games, wether in Bluetooth, USB or...

1. Xbox One (S) controller no longer recognized in most games, wether in Bluetooth, USB or... - Similar Threads - controller longer recognized

2. Xbox X controller no longer pairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controller no longer pairs.: My Xbox ONE X controller no longer pairs to my console. It seems to be since it updated 14/04. I have tried all troubleshooting suggested and still doesn't work. It's not interference as was fine...
  3. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  4. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  5. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  6. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  7. How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...: I had like 200+ fps on both keyboard and controller. After a major update in the game on controller my fps is like 40-30 but on keyboard in the same update as soon as i touch my keyboard I get 165...
  8. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  9. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  10. I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...: I have gone through the bot and the website, called multiple numbers and still can’t get anywhere closer. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter and hasn’t worked out of the box. I returned it...