Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router

Discus and support Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I changed the internet provider in my home and got a new router. When the connection was setted up, all the devices (including phones, PCs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gabriel Teotonio, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router

Recently I changed the internet provider in my home and got a new router. When the connection was setted up, all the devices (including phones, PCs with diff. OS, TV) in my place had a really good performance using ethernet cable and wifi connection. But,
    my xbox was only able to connect via wifi. When I plug the cable it does not recognize as a connection. It starts a connected/disconnected loop, sometimes it spend a lit bit more time connected but nothing you could make a xbox live login, e.g. I already change
    the ports in my router, change the ethernet cable, reboot the console, but nothing helped me out.

:)

Gabriel Teotonio, Jul 27, 2020
  2. DAHUNTEROFPAIN Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox LIVE for weeks

I cannot do that because my xbox is in my basement and the router is upstairs. in order to get the connection, I need the ethernet cable. the ethernet cable can give internet to the computer, but It doesn't give internet to the xbox.
  3. demenace Win User

How to set up a router to play on Live wirelessly?

You should connect your modem directly to your new router. Then your PC is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable. Your Xbox will connect to your new router via wireless.

Just take the Ethernet cable that goes from your modem to your PC and plug it into the back of the router, into the "Internet" port; not one of the four LAN ports. You will need an additional Ethernet cable to reach from one of the four LAN ports on the
    back of the router to your PC.

Once your PC is connected to the router, you will need to use it to configure the wireless settings on your router. Once those are enabled and setup with a password, you can connect your Xbox via wireless
  4. c2drules Win User

New Adapter, Xbox Live Wired Connection Problems.

Is the internet going to your Xbox via an ethernet cable from your PC that is connected wirelessly or wired from your router?
  5. WPAK Win User

Problem with Xbox live connection

How is the router connected to the internet? Also via network/Ethernet cable, if so can you try connected the Xbox console directly to that cable, so basically remove the router in between to see if that makes any difference
  6. Biggshow Win User

Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from internet over Ethernet in “instant on” mode

I found it is something to do with the router. I have two internet connections at my house. If I used one with Ethernet cable I will disconnect midgame and cannot reconnect. If I use the wifi, no problems. Yet the other internet connection has no issues
    at all. Never have any issues with the Ethernet cable connections. I would check your router.
Thema:

Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router

1. Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router - Similar Threads - cannot connect internet

2. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  3. I cannot get my Xbox to connect to my internet, could it be my router? My internet service...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot get my Xbox to connect to my internet, could it be my router? My internet service...: I have an old Xbox that couldn't connect so I bought the Xbox X and that wouldn't connect either. I've tried restarting, unplugging for 60 seconds, every troubleshooting option there is and...
  4. How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...: It started as my Microsoft store on my Xbox wouldn’t work so I did a few things to try and fix it and finally I reset it and then I couldn’t put account back on my Xbox it would just get stuck...
  5. Cannot connect to the internet - enable UPnP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the internet - enable UPnP: Hello, I have a Huawei B535 router on the 3 mobile network. I've connected my Xbox Series X to it since it was released. 4 days ago I got a message telling me I cannot connect. I restarted my...
  6. My Xbox Series X|S cannot connect to the internet with error code: 0x00000000002000000

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X|S cannot connect to the internet with error code: 0x00000000002000000: I have: -reset the MAC addresses -attempted to use an Ethernet cable to hardwire connection (this allowed me to only access my Xbox account not play any games). -reset the Xbox while keeping...
  7. Failing to Update and cannot connect to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Failing to Update and cannot connect to the internet.: My 6(?) Year-old Xbox 1 S tried to update, then promptly failed. It stopped at 23% twice before the update action was unavailable. Like, I can't even attempt an update anymore. Going to the...
  8. Cannot connect to internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to internet.: Wireless address appears on the list when attempting to connect but won’t. When I try hard wired, it doesn’t work either. This is not an ISP issue. I’ve spent hours talking to Verizon....
  9. I have internet and am connected. I cannot connect to the xbox servers this evening.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have internet and am connected. I cannot connect to the xbox servers this evening.: I have been playing on my xbox X for years, and for some reason today when I tried to log in my xbox to play madden 23 online, it says "there is a temporary service issue." I tried it on 2 xboxes...
  10. Xbox 360 can connect to the internet, but cannot connect to Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 can connect to the internet, but cannot connect to Xbox live: Hello, Recently, after years of using my Xbox 360 to watch Netflix, my 360 now says it is unable to connect to Xbox Live. Running the troubleshooting test shows that while the Xbox is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox.com/changing security protocols