Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

Discus and support Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have purchased an xbox one s, but is it possible to add an external cd drive so my son can play his old games still? If not, any other solutions........ Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KateMay1, Dec 2, 2019.

  1. KateMay1
    KateMay1 Guest

    Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive


    I have purchased an xbox one s, but is it possible to add an external cd drive so my son can play his old games still? If not, any other solutions..... many thanks

    :)
     
    KateMay1, Dec 2, 2019
    #1
  2. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

    Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

    The all digital xbox one s does not support external disk drives currently
  3. Exoterror Win User

    Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

    Hi,

    Information regarding how to play backwards compatible games on Xbox One can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility/play-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one.

    Did you mean that you have an Xbox One S all-digital edition? If so, then the answer is unfortunately no, and you can only play digital versions of the backwards compatible games. If you have an Xbox One S with a disc drive then you can simply pop the disc
    into the console.

    I hope this helps,

  4. SoullessCodith Win User

    Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

  5. Daft Badger Win User

    Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

    I take it you have bought the xbox one s digital version?

    If so as far as I know a external disc drive wont work on it i'm afraid.

    The only way for your son to play his games would be to buy the digital versions of them.
  6. Taczo Win User

    what is xbox series S

    i have a one more question i have a DVD/CD drive that can be connected via USB can't i just use that on series s that is a digital version and have no DVD /CD drive and i bet there is a USB port on Xbox series s can't i use that please tell :)
Thema:

Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

Loading...
  1. Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive - Similar Threads - add external drive

  2. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  3. XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?)

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?): I was trying to make sure the Insider program was active with my current console (XBOX Series X). I am only seeing 'XboxOne". There is no 'STAR' to what is the current device, only the option to...
  4. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  5. A option to sort by disc to digital copies would be nice to add.

    in XboX Insiders
    A option to sort by disc to digital copies would be nice to add.: A option so we can check our disk library out all in 1 page would be really cool. Also great work on this feature I’m very impressed! submitted by /u/Xenokaiii [link] [comments]
  6. XBOX Insider Update Adds More Personalization, Easier Social Discovery, and Energy-Saving...

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider Update Adds More Personalization, Easier Social Discovery, and Energy-Saving...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. Add Microphone/In-Game Voice Chat Support for Xbox App on LG & Samsung Smart TVs

    in XboX Insiders
    Add Microphone/In-Game Voice Chat Support for Xbox App on LG & Samsung Smart TVs: Xbox TV app still has no mic support after 3 years. Here's why Microsoft should fix it. The Xbox app launched on Samsung TVs in July 2022. It's now April 2026. In nearly four years, Microsoft...
  8. Please Add 21:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support on Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Please Add 21:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support on Xbox: This feature is highly requested and would be a great upgrade for 2026. submitted by /u/LandWitty7442 [link] [comments]
  9. I have an Xbox 1 and I'm trying to add an external server on Minecraft but there isn't an...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox 1 and I'm trying to add an external server on Minecraft but there isn't an...: I've follow a lot of tutorials but it never works 9ee45f69-eb0b-4598-9c41-ee94c43b94e5
  10. I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows: I tried adding a server from Shockbyte, but I am unable to activate either the "Play" or "Save" buttons on the Minecraft Servers tab. I have the correct Name, IP server address, and Port, and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. how to add external cd for xbox one s