Xbox One S broken heatsink pipes leaked strange liquid onto motherboard.

Discus and support Xbox One S broken heatsink pipes leaked strange liquid onto motherboard. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Idk if this is a fixable problem or not, I brought a second hand Xbox One S and when i got home to play games on it it did turn on or anything, So... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TR41NZ2021, Nov 24, 2022.

1. TR41NZ2021
    TR41NZ2021 Guest

Hi, Idk if this is a fixable problem or not, I brought a second hand Xbox One S and when i got home to play games on it it did turn on or anything, So i opened it up and holy ****, there was all weird dried brown mud like stuff in the bottom of the console shell aswell as on the motherboard and where the GPU and CPU are It also was in the fan, Luckily the PSU unit, HDD and disc drive didnt get touched, Also the thermal paste is dried up like a prune, Im thinking of replacing the fan and heatsink aswell as putting new thermal paste in, If anyone can help me that would be great!!

:)

TR41NZ2021, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I see, well
    You can try to repair the console. But here no one can tell you how to do it

If you want, you can try waiting for someone’s else response. But probably you’re going to receive the same answer
  3. TR41NZ2021 Win User

I brought the console in a lot with others in AS IS condition untested, also it was from a charity shop aka Op Shop if in australia or Thrift shop if in america
  4. TR41NZ2021 Win User

Yeah it was opened when the previous owners brought it, The area where the seal stick is was all broken and the sticker was a bit torn, Also from closer inspection the thermal paste is VERY crusty, Probably NEVER been replaced for 5+ years
  5. Farscape247 Win User

then they have done this, heatpipes dont just break unless they are forced, so they may have already had it open to see if they can do anything, which is probably why they went and sold it, also like i say there is not enough fluid in them to damage anything, you wont see anything at the top, most of the time the liquid goes in and festers at the bottom turning brown and can be crusty too. if the fan is on when spillage occurs it usually send it around the base of the unit more too.
  6. TR41NZ2021 Win User

That would be nice but the price to repair it (If the place can even repair it) is basically the price of a new system which is roughly $200 or maybe ven higher cause this is a strange fault
Thema:

1. Xbox One S broken heatsink pipes leaked strange liquid onto motherboard. - Similar Threads - broken heatsink pipes

2. Broken pin log-in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Broken pin log-in?: Hi all, so, I tried to log-in to my account, and it asked for my pin, but only allowed me to put four numbers in? My pin is 6, and says its wrong when I enter the first four, help?...
  3. Callisto protocol is a fake, joke....... Is broken. Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Callisto protocol is a fake, joke....... Is broken. Xbox series S: Please if someone xbox can give me 70 e callisto ptotocoll, I paid card xbox live 70e. I'm very disappointed, I have xbox series S and I don't play game because the version xbox series S is the...
  4. The new minecraft launcher for PC is (still) broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The new minecraft launcher for PC is (still) broken: When i first tried updating to the newest launcher from the Microsoft takeover it wouldn't let me log in with both Microsoft and Mojang account infos, i figured it was just a bug that'd be worked...
  5. Xbox One S sync button broken, new controller wont connect wireless or wired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S sync button broken, new controller wont connect wireless or wired: Sync button has been broke for unknown amount of time, buy new controller as old one broke, go to connect new controller, bought off amazon from XBOX, sync button doesnt work. Tried using usb...
  6. PC Xbox app broken due to "subscriptions failed to load"

in XBoX Accessibility
    PC Xbox app broken due to "subscriptions failed to load": When I load the Xbox app it displays no games. There is a frown emoji in place of the list of installed games. When I go to settings it shows "We encountered an error and subscriptions failed to...
  7. my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken: my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken , it was purchased march 2022 , on looking it seems a weak point on the headset where the mic is , how do i go about getting a replacement or can they be...
  8. Flight simulator Xbox series X still broken/unplayable l

in XboX Insiders
    Flight simulator Xbox series X still broken/unplayable l: Yesterday's update did not solve the problem when you save and load a flight, the TOOLBAR is MISSING. Thus making this game not fully functional for over a year now! submitted by...
  9. I can´t sync my controler to my xbox one because the botton is broken.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can´t sync my controler to my xbox one because the botton is broken.: I accidentally had an issue a few months ago where my xbox fell from the shelf I put it on and the entire left side broke. Fortunately nothing major broke inside I think and everything seem to...
  10. Why does mw2 offline broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does mw2 offline broken: The mw2 offline multiplayer is buggy because there's no create a class there's no modes just team deathmatch , 3 maps somebody infinity ward plz fix can somebody explain this to me....