Xbox One S broken heatsink pipes leaked strange liquid onto motherboard.

Discus and support Xbox One S broken heatsink pipes leaked strange liquid onto motherboard. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Idk if this is a fixable problem or not, I brought a second hand Xbox One S and when i got home to play games on it it did turn on or anything, So... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TR41NZ2021, Nov 24, 2022.

1. TR41NZ2021
    TR41NZ2021 Guest

Hi, Idk if this is a fixable problem or not, I brought a second hand Xbox One S and when i got home to play games on it it did turn on or anything, So i opened it up and holy ****, there was all weird dried brown mud like stuff in the bottom of the console shell aswell as on the motherboard and where the GPU and CPU are It also was in the fan, Luckily the PSU unit, HDD and disc drive didnt get touched, Also the thermal paste is dried up like a prune, Im thinking of replacing the fan and heatsink aswell as putting new thermal paste in, If anyone can help me that would be great!!

:)

TR41NZ2021, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I see, well
    You can try to repair the console. But here no one can tell you how to do it

If you want, you can try waiting for someone’s else response. But probably you’re going to receive the same answer
  3. TR41NZ2021 Win User

I brought the console in a lot with others in AS IS condition untested, also it was from a charity shop aka Op Shop if in australia or Thrift shop if in america
  4. TR41NZ2021 Win User

Yeah it was opened when the previous owners brought it, The area where the seal stick is was all broken and the sticker was a bit torn, Also from closer inspection the thermal paste is VERY crusty, Probably NEVER been replaced for 5+ years
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

then they have done this, heatpipes dont just break unless they are forced, so they may have already had it open to see if they can do anything, which is probably why they went and sold it, also like i say there is not enough fluid in them to damage anything, you wont see anything at the top, most of the time the liquid goes in and festers at the bottom turning brown and can be crusty too. if the fan is on when spillage occurs it usually send it around the base of the unit more too.
  6. TR41NZ2021 Win User

That would be nice but the price to repair it (If the place can even repair it) is basically the price of a new system which is roughly $200 or maybe ven higher cause this is a strange fault
Thema:

1. Xbox One S broken heatsink pipes leaked strange liquid onto motherboard. - Similar Threads - broken heatsink pipes

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  4. MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN

in XBoX Accessibility
    MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN: Okay so, I was able to spent a lot of money on xbox during the covid lockdown. I earned around 30k points from grinding games and spending real money AND TIME. I redeemed about 25k on useless...
  5. broken HDMI on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    broken HDMI on Xbox One X: I have a white Xbox one x limited edition that my mother's ex gave me (like 2 or 3 years ago) since they didn't want it but the HDMI port on it is broken and the only thing I was given was a...
  6. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  7. Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.: lord i thank you for sunshine thank you for rain thank you for joy. 94a4ab5c-8fa4-416c-bb2e-02fb8d657b70
  8. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  9. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  10. Broken rt on elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken rt on elite controller: The right trigger on my elite controller is being registered as constantly being pressed down and going to home instantly pushes the selection down and won’t go up I cannot afford a new one please...