Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Special Edition console controller down d-pad not working

Discus and support Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Special Edition console controller down d-pad not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my Xbox One S controller is having an issue that is a small one but can be a huge issue when playing certain games. The down d-pad is not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NorthernClub, Nov 1, 2017.

1. NorthernClub
    NorthernClub Guest

Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Special Edition console controller down d-pad not working

Hello, my Xbox One S controller is having an issue that is a small one but can be a huge issue when playing certain games. The down d-pad is not working, it works if I press it like 20 times and just does not work, I do not rage or throw my controllers and
    it stopped working about 3 weeks ago. It was working the day before that, but the next day, the down d-pad just stopped working. I have not checked to see if I could update my controller yet, and I cannot order a replacement for free because the warranty expired.
    I do not know what to do at this point and it is really making me mad. I could get a new controller but they are expensive. So, if anyone has an idea on what to do, please share it with me.

:)

NorthernClub, Nov 1, 2017
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    New 360 Controller

[quote user="dimeo89"]When the Slim console was introduced, it seemed like Microsoft had completely resolved the issue[/quote]The 360 S controller had the same d-pad as the controller bundled with the original 360. The only difference was the color scheme.
    The new black controllers are all black instead of the grey/black of the old controllers.
    Are you talking about the new twist d-pad? Twist d-pad controllers are only included with Special
    Edition consoles post-introduction. The silver limited edition d-pad controller shipped after the Reach console. All subsequent special edition consoles (Gears of War, MW3, Star Wars) have shipped with twist d-pad controllers.
    The original grey on black controllers were ugly. I'd much rather have black on black controllers.

Anywho, there are a bunch of twist d-pad controllers now. In addition to the original silver/grey/black controller that provoked so much outrage because its a/b/x/y buttons were shades of grey, there are now red/blue/silver chrome controllers and standalone
    GOW and MW3 controllers. That I'm aware of, the C-3PO themed controller is only available with the Star Wars console kit.

IceStorm III, Nov 1, 2017
  3. Didn't receive points for my Battlefield 1 Xbox 1 S

I did not receive my 50k rewards points for purchasing Battlefield 1 special edition Xbox 1 S.

SpecialK34689, Nov 1, 2017
  4. IceStorm III Win User

New 360 Controller

[quote user="dimeo89"]When the Slim console was introduced, it seemed like Microsoft had completely resolved the issue[/quote]The 360 S controller had the same d-pad as the controller bundled with the original 360. The only difference was the color scheme.
    The new black controllers are all black instead of the grey/black of the old controllers.
    Why then, don't all Microsoft 360 pads have this new d pad?
    Are you talking about the new twist d-pad? Twist d-pad controllers are only included with Special
    Edition consoles post-introduction. The silver limited edition d-pad controller shipped after the Reach console. All subsequent special edition consoles (Gears of War, MW3, Star Wars) have shipped with twist d-pad controllers.
    I simply cannot understand
    why, after fixing the 360's most glaring flaw they would continue to sell controllers with the inferior d-pad
    The original grey on black controllers were ugly. I'd much rather have black on black controllers.

Anywho, there are a bunch of twist d-pad controllers now. In addition to the original silver/grey/black controller that provoked so much outrage because its a/b/x/y buttons were shades of grey, there are now red/blue/silver chrome controllers and standalone
    GOW and MW3 controllers. That I'm aware of, the C-3PO themed controller is only available with the Star Wars console kit.
  5. FreakRoach Win User

how do you fix a pdp controller

You can try resetting your PDP controller. Follow these steps:

1. Power the XBOX one console on.
    2. Plug the smaller end of the controllers USB-B micro cable into the top of the controller.
    3. Hold down on the directional pad (D-Pad) and plug the larger side of the USB cable into the XBOX one console while still holding down.
    4. The controllers red LED lights will illuminate and the controller will begin to vibrate. You may then release the down input on the directional pad (D-Pad)
    5. Press A on the controller.
    6. The controller will then stop vibrating and the LED lights will power off.
    7. Fully rotate both joysticks in a complete clockwise motion and pull each trigger fully (LT and RT)
    8. Press down on the directional pad (D-Pad)
  6. MiamiSett Win User

New Xbox one Controller D pad issues

I've had D-Pad issues with multiple xbox one controllers from the normal black, the CoD AW version and most recently the special edition lunar white. Very frustrating.
  7. SiDeWiNdERx316 Win User

Game chat not working

I realize my Xbox day one edition controller doesn't work with the headset. But when plugged into the second controller bought at game stop it works on there. Also when I hit the down button on the D pad it makes a loud spring sound.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

New Controller

The OP must be referring to this type of pad
    Xbox 360 Official Silver Wireless Controller.
    These controllers have a new elevated D-Pad for more precision. This D-Pad is very useful for games like Street Fighter and Tekken.

I'm pretty sure only the special edition 360 Slims have the new D-Pad controllers in the box. My recent 250GB Slim came with a normal black wireless pad. My nephews Gears of War 3 edition came with the new controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Special Edition console controller down d-pad not working - Similar Threads - Battlefield Special Edition

2. Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...: I am being told that battlefield 2042 is unavailable to down load through the xbox box game pass despite owning the ultimate pass. I am told that the one version is not available for my console...
  3. problem with battlefield 2042 and assasins creed valhalla

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with battlefield 2042 and assasins creed valhalla: Hello I'm having a problem with battlefield 2042 and assasins creed valhalla when I'm playing the game will randomly dashboard I have tried different internet a full xbox reset and still doing it...
  4. Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x): My friend and I both have game pass core but we’re unable to join each other on battlefield 2042. It is saying we need to get game pass. We have tried signing out of our profile, restarting the...
  5. Podczas grania w Battlefield 2042 mam blue screen'a z napisem: "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Podczas grania w Battlefield 2042 mam blue screen'a z napisem: "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap": W podglądzie zdarzeń pisze mi coś takiego: Źródło Kernel-Power Błagam ze wszystkich sił o pomoc... Wpisywanie komend w cmd nie pomagało, sprawdzanie pamięci RAM również... Nie wiem co mam zrobić...
  6. to early access battlefield, not working even though i bought the special edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    to early access battlefield, not working even though i bought the special edition: i bought the special edition of battlefield so i can play it early and it says im too early to play even though i bought the expensive version that includes the early access....
  7. Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Special Edition: It Didnt Come With A Code For The Game

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Special Edition: It Didnt Come With A Code For The Game: I got a battlefield 1 special edition console in 2018 when i unboxed it there was no code 12058e8b-dac2-4c7d-b8a1-5284e46fbd03
  8. Tâches Spéciales Battlefield [Special Tasks Battlefield V]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tâches Spéciales Battlefield [Special Tasks Battlefield V]: Bonjour, J'ai effacé par erreur les tâches spéciales dans Battlefield V :( Y a t'il un moyen de récupérer l'intégralité de la liste? Merci pour votre aide ;) Cordialement Tony [Translation -...
  9. Missing 50,000 points for the Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Special Edition Bundle

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Missing 50,000 points for the Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Special Edition Bundle: So I went for the bundle offer below, ordered back in October. I have the xbox but STILL no 50,000 reward credits .. not even pending ... could you look into this please? If you aren’t swayed by...
  10. XBOX one S Battlefield 1 Special Edition Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX one S Battlefield 1 Special Edition Controller: Bought this XBOX +/-2 weeks ago. When i startup the console today everything was normal until i touched one of the buttons or joysticks on the controller. The image on my tv started rolling...