Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems

Discus and support Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem with my xbox 1S and same audio with 4K and blue ray discs. As far as I know this just started today, the last time I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pablo Hurtado1, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems

Hello, I am having a problem with my xbox 1S and same audio with 4K and blue ray discs. As far as I know this just started today, the last time I played with a disc was the Speed 4k two weeks ago that worked fine.

Today I tried playing The Sting BD And I couldn't hear anything on the movie , I tried both audio tracks. One French and 1 English and nothing. I also tried Dune the 4k disc and nothing. I could hear audio on the menu and when I switched between tabs on the settings and I can also hear it on games. I put in GTA V the disc after and could hear it. Also played the HBO Max app and an ep of Last of Us and heard it fine.

My audio setup is pretty basic. I have my xbox to my TV via hdmi and my tv is set up optical to my soundbar. Both tb and sound bar are Samsung. 4k 65 in TV 60hz HDR.

I tried having audio play on the TV then on the sound bar and both times I could hear the game and menu but not the movies. tried Uninstalling and reinstalling blu ray player and clearing the cache by holding power off for 10 seconds, unplugging for a minute and turning back on. Still nothing.

Any help is appreciated! Attached images of my setup.

Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems [​IMG]

:)

Pablo Hurtado1, Feb 20, 2023
  2. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Are there any plans to make Xbox One compatible with 4k discs and games?

Hi

The Xbox One can't play 4K Blu ray discs at a hardware level and a firmware update will not be able to add this feature to the console. You will need to purchase an Xbox One S to be able to play 4K discs.
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Cannot play some 4K UHD

Hey there NICHOLASSS,

The Xbox One S fully complies with Ultra HD Blu-ray requirements; however, we are aware that a limited number of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie discs manufactured earlier in 2016 may not play on the Xbox One S. This issue has since been corrected, but if you
    are experiencing a problem playing a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie disc, you can contact the customer service department of the title’s studio for support. Please note, your console does not need repair or further updates to resolve this particular disc issue.

I've sent you an Xbox Live Message with more information on how to obtain replacement discs that will work on your Xbox One S console. :)
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox One S doesn't recognise 4K compatibility on a 4K projector

I believe that the Xbox One S can only do 4K through media, such as 4K blu-ray disc's / Netflix and so on,

If trying to play games at 4K, you need the Xbox One X.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
Thema:

Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems

1. Xbox one S audio 4k disc and blu ray problems - Similar Threads - audio disc blu

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  5. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  6. Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include the voice chat audio from people who aren't on an Xbox in a...: we have tried joining the party using a laptop and the xbox application. we have also tried to use discord to be in a party but we are still not able to get their voice chat in the stream....
  7. Team up with Team XBMC to bring Audio Passthrough and Disc reading to Kodi on Xbox One and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Team up with Team XBMC to bring Audio Passthrough and Disc reading to Kodi on Xbox One and...: Microsoft, I don't think this will be heard at all but I'll try because it's very important to me. What I am asking is simple, but I guess it will be just ignored. 1st request : Please allow...
  8. No video just audio when playing back a 4k Blu-ray disc on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    No video just audio when playing back a 4k Blu-ray disc on Xbox One X: Got the XBox One X the other day. Last night I finally tried to play a 4k blu-ray movie on my LG C7 TV. Unfortunately, I don't see any video. I do hear the audio for the movie. Oddly, I do see...
  9. Bitstream pass-through causing a delay in audio when resuming a bluray disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream pass-through causing a delay in audio when resuming a bluray disc: Hi team, Having a Dolby Atmos supported surround sound system I was waiting for months for XBOX to finally release the update, now it's here and it's not perfect (or at least not to me). When I...
  10. Audio Sync and Unequalized volume issues with DVD/Blu ray Disc playback?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Sync and Unequalized volume issues with DVD/Blu ray Disc playback?: Hello, Im currently experiencing a delay in audio when it comes to using the disc player on Xbox one. The drive will read the disc and play it as normal but as the disc plays on the audio tends...