XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update

Discus and support XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The All-Digital is a second console, we also have PC and another XBox One S so it gets little use. Probably 100 hours over two years, even the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Horizoom, Nov 9, 2021.

  1. Horizoom
    Horizoom Guest

    XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update


    The All-Digital is a second console, we also have PC and another XBox One S so it gets little use. Probably 100 hours over two years, even the controller looks mint.

    After a summer of being unplugged, I fired it up ~2 weeks ago, completed the forced system update, then logged into my account and let it sync the games that are installed. This took a few hours so once it finished, powered down through menu and unplugged. It was powered up again today.

    Controller wouldn't power it on, tried new batteries - nothing.

    Button on front powers on, startup beep, then it powers off after ~ 70 seconds

    No HDMI out, tried multiple cables, TV's monitors all of which work fine with the Disc version of the One S

    Tried to force a reset after some google fu.

    Hold power to force off

    unplug for 2-3 mins.

    Connect just power - or power and HDMI (tried both)

    Hold the sync button (no eject) and press and release power.

    Keep holding sync.

    After 8 or so seconds the light in the X power switch flashes a little brighter , no additional beeps.

    Release sync after 10, 20, 30, 50 etc seconds ... makes no difference, no more beeps.

    Tried same as above but holding both the X power key and sync for 10, 20, 30, 50 etc seconds. No beeps, nothing happens other than it shutting off.

    Tried both combinations with two different USB drives 16GB and 64GB formatted as NTFS with the recovery file. Tried front and back USB ports.

    All out of ideas now, clearly a common problem first in the insider builds and then affecting retail customers.

    This is a fully retail console.

    Anyway to fix it when it won't reset?

    :)
     
    Horizoom, Nov 9, 2021
    #1
  2. SammyVS Win User

    XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update

    Good to know the problem has been resolved, mate. Have fun!
  3. Horizoom Win User

    XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update

    Unfortunately in your case, the console needs repair. If you want to send it to Microsoft, this link has instructions on how to do this.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
    Hi Samy,

    Yes the console was faulty.

    Seems the symptoms of powering off after 1 minute, no display and unable to recover were a faulty hard disk drive.

    Unfortunatly the ex warranty service price of £170 would make this E-waste.

    The console was only £99 new including controller and games on a special offer 2 years ago.

    Anyhow with some google fu... (who would use Bing!) I replaced the disk drive with an SSD I had lying around, then forced an offline system update.

    As soon as the console detected a disk in with a valid format it went straight to recovery mode.

    Working perfect again now and much better for the environment.
  4. SammyVS Win User

    XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update

  5. SammyVS Win User

    XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update

    I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

    Try running the command again but disconnect EVERYTHING connected to the console, just leave the power cable and the HDMI cable connected to the console.

    Before executing the command, press and hold the console's power button until the console turns off, remove the power cord for 1 minute, turn it on and execute the command.
  6. Horizoom Win User

    XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update

    Hi Samy,

    No that did not make a difference.

    When I follow the proceedure the power LED does not light up for 2-3 seconds, then I get the double beep for starting.

    After 10 seconds or so the power LED pulses brighter. I can hear fans spinning inside.

    Sometimes when holding sync and pressing the power button the console fails to start.

    It will start if the power button is held.

    On a normal start up the power button lights instantly along with the startup beep.

    I have never had a beep anthing after the 2-3 second power up beep.

    It always shuts off after 60-70 seconds - no display.
Thema:

XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update

Loading...
  1. XBox One S All-Digital - Bricked by update - Similar Threads - Digital Bricked update

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  4. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  7. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  8. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...